DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast 493 - Leveling 13-15

Patrick & Evilbeeker take a look at quests for leveling from 13-15 this week as well as Update 36 patch 4 and more!

Have thoughts on this show, ideas for round table topics, questions you’d like us to answer, or topics you’d like to see us debate? Leave us a comment, send us an email (ddocast@gmail.com) or give us a tweet (@ddocast)!

Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, swag, archives, and more!

Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our Patreon page! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.

Leveling 13-15 - 2:43
    Game News - 47:38
    Community News - 1:04:34
    Lightning Post - 1:08:50
    Closing - 1:18:55

Watch shows live at twitch.tv/ddocast

Pre-purchase Ravenloft
    Ravenloft FAQ
    Update 36 Patch 4
    DDO Chronicle 256
    Mists of Ravenloft Wallpapers
    4th Annual Halloween Party
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Assorted meandering thoughts for today

I find this is the place where the difference between older & newer content starts becoming very, very apparent - with newer gear & abilities etc, Gianthold elite is noticeably easier than the Shavarath archon's series on hard & for someone who is less experienced or coming back after time away, that spike can be a nasty shock.

Crucible is one I pretty much always skip, removing it from the requirement for flagging was a great decision.

In Siegebreaker I challenge you to play it and not get the theme song stuck in your head when those 2 named enemies appear after the kaboom barrels - also, still wish i could get that frying pan as a weapon or at least a cosmetic skin too, ideally with humerous "bong!" on a vorpal The puzzle in the finale is relatively simple, just run in a circle, but the traps are the real problem as they can be brutal.

Tower of frost I really enjoy for it's PnP feel & it's also now the 1st time you'll encounter living spells - seriously nasty if unprepared, especially if they're champions.

Disciples of Shar series I like overall for the story & setting, but they suffered from being kinda lazy in difficulty IMO, relying on overwhelming numbers of mobs rather than any particularly interesting enemies, puzzles or mechanics.

Missing chain is great, there's a fun & interesting story & some good mechanics for difficulty, a nice classic D&D shout-out & a few good pieces of gear - the quiver that generates special arrows is pretty interesting, the dwarf axe has that greater restoration on vorpal plus a nice skin for cosmetics & the insanity greatsword is another great cosmetic if you're an anime fan as well as having some good damage & the confusion-type effect.

I really need to get a sigil together on a couple of characters to run Litany - not only is it a good quest in it's own right with great XP, there's a truly awesome piece of kit in there, Shining Devastation, an adamantine everbright greatclub with a phenomenal 1.5[1d16] +5 18-20/x3 damage profile, red augment slot & a bit of force damage too.

Also from necro4, there's the named items from tome of legend & shield of legend (pieces now in the orchard as well as from quests & the raid!) which are still very, very nice - Coronation & Phosphor are particularly notable for the shiny new Scourge Asimaar, a morningstar & a heavy mace with boosted damage & crit profiles, also razorend with it's 10% tendon slice is a great off-hand weapon for shuriken or Vistani knife slingers for some no-save crowd control. Shields-wise, they've pretty much all got unique skins for cosmetic purposes & if you're running a vanguard, Talon in particular is a beast for damage-dealing.

It's a shame about part of the Ravenloft pack essentially being wasted for parts of it being included for VIPs regardless, but I'm a sucker for cool cosmetics & early access to certain features so consider it worth it for me. Have been enjoying Vistani a lot so far on a rogue/fighter build & looking forward to trying out the scourge asimaar, it's about time blunt weapons got some more love.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 11-01-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.