Community Member

Default Pally build help - what am I doing and do I need to LR?

It's been a while before I played ddo, and right before I stopped, I TRed my main into a PDK pally (13 pally, 1 ftg, 1 wiz). I really have no recollection why I made any of of the choices I did, and have never played pally before. My previous lives were ranger and int based rogue, so gearwise the stuff I have are daggers (Agony, tf, heroic gs), celestia, balizard and pinion, none which seem relevant to a pally life. I think my goal is to to get divine karma and a pally past life.

Here's what I've been able to make out:
    - I'm doing S&B with bastard swords (bs feat + thf line)
    -Base stats:
    Str: 14+3 tome
    Dex: 8+4 tome
    Con: 14+4 tome
    Int: 15+4 tome
    Wis: 8+4 tome
    Cha: 21+2 tome

Feats:
    Bastard sword proficiency
    Improved critical slash
    thf
    Improved thf
    Quicken
    Faith: Amuanator
    Force of personality
    Power attack
    Toughness

Enchancements are mostly in KotC, with some harper and pdk thrown in. I have almost no gear, beyond the basic pdk gear, hp gs neckless, minos and a ghost walking cloak.

I stepped into foundation of discord and boy was it slow and painful - I really don't know what I'm doing with this toon. Reaper is completely out of the question.

Does anyone know if I seem to be following some kind of build guide, or if there's some similar builds out there that I can adapt to and follow?

Is there anything I can do to make life easier for myself with this toon? Some kind of gear, or respec? I mostly hope to be able to solo heroic elite and epic hard without too much trouble. If I could join reaper parties without feeling like a burden, it would be a bonus. Would that goal be achievable without and LR? Thanks for the help!

You probably did the fighter level due to the PDK starting as a L1 fighter, and rather than using a +1 heart to get rid of it, it's not too bad keeping it for the extra feat and access to Kensai haste action boost. Since you won't be a pure pally, there is no reason to go past L18 in pally so I have seen the L1 wizard recommended for the extra metamagic feat (quicken) and some other benefits such as Sp and whatnot. No need to LR, it's not the FOM build but it will get you through heroics fine, and like you said divine karma and pally PL.

I think you need gear more than anything. IIRC either unbogwa or ellisdee has a P18/F1/W1 build or something very close.

Community Member

What are some gear I should look for to make life easier? I'm currently using first blood, which seem good till lv 20. The closest S&B build I see are pure pally vanguard (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-New-Players). If I respect and follow that guide, is there anything in particular I should take note of with an 18p/1f/w build? Thanks again.