Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kodwraith View Post
    I just hit 30 on Xanxibar last night and am going to stay there for a while:

My gearset looks pretty similar but with fewer raid items. I never did get a Van Richten's goggles, but this setup is almost as good assuming you can take Blinding Speed to make geared speed unnecessary.

Silent Avenger Set:
    Mist Laden Vestments
    BraidedCutchord
    Twisthallow cloak

Adherent Set:
    Necklace: Kindred
    Gloves: Crumbling Gloves
    Boots: ShadowStep
    Ring: Nightfall
    Wrist: Fallen Hero or LoreFueledPB (either, you just want the +Ins CON).

Other Stuff:
    Helm Executioner's
    Goggles: CC: WIS/Spot (or whatever)/InsWis
    Trinket: CC: Con / Resistance / Ins Accuracy
    Ring: Prowess

You can also swap the helm/goggles combo for a Drow Sage's Cowl, then put Seeker on the first slot of your goggles. You loose some Seeker and Ins Deception, but pick up 4 WIS and about +6 will saves and more healing amp. The setup is missing INT (but I don't run Harper) and is also missing all SpellPower (you can slot the 138 augment in your bow).

This setup doesn't have any raid items, so it's nice for an alt and is mostly assemblable out of mostly Ravenloft flagging runs.
    Looks alot like my U38/39 set up minus the Baba Raid gear. You can grab the Leg Hunter of the Wilds and be fine and still not have to do any raids. I would suggest going Harper though and having an int item like the necklace to swap to and it is only a 7 point investment. It adds a nice bit of damage and is great when you are going against a red/purple named where you don't care about paralyze DC; and still no need to do any raids to have all the gear needed.

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Looks alot like my U38/39 set up minus the Baba Raid gear. You can grab the Leg Hunter of the Wilds and be fine and still not have to do any raids. I would suggest going Harper though and having an int item like the necklace to swap to and it is only a 7 point investment. It adds a nice bit of damage and is great when you are going against a red/purple named where you don't care about paralyze DC; and still no need to do any raids to have all the gear needed.
    I currently run my AP in the 39/41 split DWS (T5)/AA (capstone setup), so no AP to spare. I found that the additional 20 doubleshot from running the AA capstone was better dmg. At least subjectively. YMMV and I can certainly see why harper would be a great choice too. I did run harper last life in elf monkcher 14/6 split.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodwraith View Post
    I currently run my AP in the 39/41 split DWS (T5)/AA (capstone setup), so no AP to spare. I found that the additional 20 doubleshot from running the AA capstone was better dmg. At least subjectively. YMMV and I can certainly see why harper would be a great choice too. I did run harper last life in elf monkcher 14/6 split.
    I had switched from Doubleshot to Ranged Power not too long ago. I did like DS, but found that I can get over 400 RP going that route and then was able to work in the Harper Tree 7APs when doing that. I am a lot happier with that set up looking back on both. But, either one works well. DS is good if you are relying more on crowd control as you get basically 2 chances per shot (you can break that magic 100% barrier, but at a cost for elf tree and I think maybe with the new filigree?), but the damage is better going the ranged power route and you can still maintain 75% DS; which is still pretty good. When blitzing, my basic crits are like 6-8K; on 19-20 and sneak attack bonus, I think I hit as high as 12-13K per; maybe more. (first number damage). Horizon shot not only grants 20RP, but the +3 to sneak attack dice and always in pbs range is huge... and the added benefit of positive sp is good too.... melee power I don't care about but still it is granted with this as well. AA cap is just 20% DS.
    Last edited by barecm; 01-07-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Updated 2 slots... goggles and boots.

I added slavers boots to get wisdom / quality wisdom.
    Added Int, insightful wis, spot goggles

This does change things a bit, but gets more int and wis into the build.

MRR continues to be an issue. Possible solution is to re-craft goggles (take away +15 int and add sheltering) but that would lower dps during KtA.
    Last edited by barecm; 01-16-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Community Member

Any gear update with sharn?

Quote Originally Posted by supps2 View Post
    Any gear update with sharn?
    Yes. I did the new wall watch set with the Nemesis raid helm and bracers. I think I am at 118.02% unbuffed standing doubleshot. So 2 arrows per attack with a chance of 3 per shot. My current build winds up being 82 wis and dex, which is ok I guess. My paralyze DC is like 96 non reaper and like 102 or 103 on reaper? I would need to double check as that may include wis pots or whatever. I was hoping the changes to Shiradi would have been better.... I tried to like it..... it I’m back on FoTW. Unbridled Fury has s just too much FPS to lose out of n.

Yes. I did the new wall watch set with the Nemesis raid helm and bracers. I think I am at 118.02% unbuffed standing doubleshot. So 2 arrows per attack with a chance of 3 per shot. My current build winds up being 82 wis and dex, which is ok I guess. My paralyze DC is like 96 non reaper and like 102 or 103 on reaper? I would need to double check as that may include wis pots or whatever. I was hoping the changes to Shiradi would have been better.... I tried to like it..... it I’m back on FoTW. Unbridled Fury has s just too much FPS to lose out of n.
    Thank you for this, I was wondering which destiny people were sticking with. I have been looking at Shiradi as well, but it does seem that Fury wins out.

Full Gear at lvl 30 in Sharn:

Helm: Walwatch
    neck: Leg Kindred Pendant
    Trinket: Freewill
    Cloak: Leg Cloak of City Champion (swap to twisthallow when using frog)
    Belt: Black Satin Waist
    Ring 1: Ring of Taer Valaestas
    Glove: Wildwood Gauntlets
    Boot: Slavers - Qual Dex, Wiz, umd, deadly
    Ring 2: Leg Celestial Sapphire with +21 dex crafted
    Bracers: Wildwood
    Armor: Leg Wildwood Vest
    goggle: Leg Collective Sight with crafted insightful dex and con 21
    Weapon is still Chaosbow but also have other situational.

Biggest thing I did on the character was to swap out the feat for chaos damage with Mass Frog. Mass Frog does really well on undead which is one of the biggest issues with paralyze / Fear arrows.

I run in Fury still and have:
    Piercing clarity
    Pin
    Enchantment Focus
    Cocoon
    Dance of Flowers

Paralyze DC in reaper is 100 with pots and rage. 96 non-reaper with pots and rage . In sharadi it is 101 in reaper with pots, 98 in non-reaper with pots.

Ranged Power is 120 in Fury and 112.06% RP. In Shiradi it goes to 174 RP and 118.06%. But even at that I feel that Fury is still better... especially for raids.
    Last edited by barecm; 09-21-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Community Member

Just as an FYI...Primal Hymn is adding +1 wis and an additional 10% attack speed. It seems to be working as far as I can tell. That's a nice bonus to AA builds and it's twistable.

I'm currently running in Shiradi with AA capstone and DWS for the extra crit bonus. I took enough points in Falconry to get wis to hit and damage but didn't get the additional boost...just not enough points.

I can hit power boost, hunt's end, and slaying arrows and get crits of 20k-40k. My standing DS is around 90 and my RP is around 200.
    Last edited by edgarallanpoe; 09-23-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    Just as an FYI...Primal Hymn is adding +1 wis and an additional 10% attack speed. It seems to be working as far as I can tell. That's a nice bonus to AA builds and it's twistable.

I'm currently running in Shiradi with AA capstone and DWS for the extra crit bonus. I took enough points in Falconry to get wis to hit and damage but didn't get the additional boost...just not enough points.

I can hit power boost, hunt's end, and slaying arrows and get crits of 20k-40k. My standing DS is around 90 and my RP is around 200.
    I thought Primal Hymn speed bonus did not stack with things like haste (the epic feat) and alacrity from ows like Choasbow. I will have to test, but unless it has changed recently it didn’t work in the past.

We are talking about very different builds. For me, my paralyze dc is fine and I do t need to go into falconry. I like deep wood too much to make that sacrifice. FWIW, My hunts ends are hitting around 65k when I’m I shiradi and fury 35-40k. Even with a nearly 20k disparity, unbridled fury still is too much damage to leave on the table. Sniper shot is better than arrow of slaying imho as well.

Community Member

I thought Primal Hymn speed bonus did not stack with things like haste (the epic feat) and alacrity from ows like Choasbow. I will have to test, but unless it has changed recently it didn’t work in the past.

We are talking about very different builds. For me, my paralyze dc is fine and I do t need to go into falconry. I like deep wood too much to make that sacrifice. FWIW, My hunts ends are hitting around 65k when I’m I shiradi and fury 35-40k. Even with a nearly 20k disparity, unbridled fury still is too much damage to leave on the table. Sniper shot is better than arrow of slaying imho as well.
    According to the character sheet they stack, not sure if it actually does as I haven't tested it. The epic destinies were changed recently so it's quite possible that it works now.

I was just offering another option with the para build. I want to take a DWS to cap in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    According to the character sheet they stack, not sure if it actually does as I haven't tested it. The epic destinies were changed recently so it's quite possible that it works now.

I was just offering another option with the para build. I want to take a DWS to cap in the near future.
    I’ll need to check it tonight. I’ll post what I find.

My personal opinion is that deepwood offers a lot of damage in the form of sneak attack damage along with a bunch of highly useable abilities. As long as I feel my paralyze dc is adequate I’ll stay off falconry

I’ll need to check it tonight. I’ll post what I find.

My personal opinion is that deepwood offers a lot of damage in the form of sneak attack damage along with a bunch of highly useable abilities. As long as I feel my paralyze dc is adequate I’ll stay off falconry
    It does appear to be stacking with enhancement bonus both from Haste feat 22% bringing total to 32% or with something like Chaosbow that has 25%, it goes to 35%. Nice catch. I think will drop piercing clarity, even though I really like it, and pick that up. Still running in Fury.

Default updated breakdown on feats

Hello

Could you do an updated breakdown on your current feats?

I am currently using Epic Sapphire Sting as my main bow. Have LGS Salt, but do not have Chaos bow or Void yet (no-one running those raids)

Wondering where to look at fitting in mass frog if possible/what feats to look at swapping out.

Running with the follow feats that you have posted in the initial post:

(current race is PDK, so took toughness as bonus 1st bonus feat)

1 point blank shot
    3 precision
    6 spell focus enchantment
    9 improved critical ranged
    12 weapon focused ranged
    15 power critical
    18 empower healing (boosts cocoon)
    21 overwhelming critical
    24 combat archery
    26 epic spell power cold
    27 blinding speed
    28 doubleshot
    29 Fount of Life
    30 quicken
    30 Scion of the Ethereal Plane

I don't have many Epic PL Feats yet (1 colours of the queen and 1 Power of Life and Death) so I don't have my 5th fate slot unlocked either. Would it be worth while to concentrate on the Epic PL feats and get the Epic Completionist?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsun33 View Post
    Hello

Could you do an updated breakdown on your current feats?

I am currently using Epic Sapphire Sting as my main bow. Have LGS Salt, but do not have Chaos bow or Void yet (no-one running those raids)

Wondering where to look at fitting in mass frog if possible/what feats to look at swapping out.

Running with the follow feats that you have posted in the initial post:

(current race is PDK, so took toughness as bonus 1st bonus feat)

1 point blank shot
    3 precision
    12 weapon focused ranged
    15 power critical
    21 overwhelming critical
    24 combat archery
    26 epic spell power cold
    27 blinding speed
    28 doubleshot
    29 Fount of Life
    30 quicken
    30 Scion of the Ethereal Plane

I don't have many Epic PL Feats yet (1 colours of the queen and 1 Power of Life and Death) so I don't have my 5th fate slot unlocked either. Would it be worth while to concentrate on the Epic PL feats and get the Epic Completionist?

Thanks
    So, for me and my current build, I am going with cc role with paralyzing arrows. So, my breakdown is as follows for feats:

3 precision
    12 greater spell focus enchantment
    15 quicken
    21 overwhelming critical
    24 combat archery
    26 holy strike
    27 blinding speed
    28 doubleshot
    29 Great Dex (to give me even number - Will replace when I get enough Reaper pts)
    30 Mass Frog
    30 Scion of the Feywild

Typically running in Shiradi Champion for extra wisdom and ranged power, but use Fury still when I know I need lots of burst, like THTH.

Mass frog is really to deal with undead and if I ever want to run a Baba raid (totems). Frog works well on undead even in reaper mode. Currently, my enchantment DC is 101 in Reaper.
    Last edited by barecm; 01-12-2020 at 06:41 PM.

I am working on a more Ranged Power specced build but need a few more racial lives to really have it nailed down. I will post later in the year when it comes together and perhaps we get our promised bow updates sooner rather than later, but my guess it will be in the form of a premium tree released with the next pay for expansion.

I am working on a more Ranged Power specced build but need a few more racial lives to really have it nailed down. I will post later in the year when it comes together and perhaps we get our promised bow updates sooner rather than later, but my guess it will be in the form of a premium tree released with the next pay for expansion.
    Ranged power build was fine and did more base damage, but I missed crowd control too much and have switched back to paralyze build.

Community Member

Has your build changed recently? Thinking of doing a wis based AA ranger but cant find anything recent on them.
    Mostly want to know what stats you picked, and the AP split on enhancements.
    Last edited by Magdragons; 02-26-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdragons View Post
    Has your build changed recently? Thinking of doing a wis based AA ranger but cant find anything recent on them.
    Mostly want to know what stats you picked, and the AP split on enhancements.
    Yes, it has changed since update 49. I now go 12 ranger, 6 fighter, 2 monk. Monk is purely for water stance which is +4 wisdom as SSG broke traditional Moncher. Updated the build for u49 in my OP.
    Last edited by barecm; 04-28-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Community Member

Yes, it has changed since update 49. I now go 12 ranger, 6 fighter, 2 monk. Monk is purely for water stance which is +4 wisdom as SSG broke traditional Moncher. Updated the build for u49 in my OP.
    If anyone is looking for the most current build, look on the HLM guild website as he only posts there now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12