Community Member

Default Self mutating crafted weapon

Strangest thing happened. I had crafted a level 13 repeating heavy xbow - metalline, keen with vampirism. Used it for many levels without an issue. Built the same thing again but with a red augment slot & placed a Ruby of Good in the slot. Used the weapon for the rest of that session, then logged out.
    The next day I log in & my newest crafted metalline, keen, vampire + good had been replaced with a standard BtC heavy Xbow of level 0. How is this possible?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoland View Post
    ...crafted ... keen ...?
    Cannith crafted Keen is FUBAR.

The devs know about it, but not how to fix it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoland View Post
    Strangest thing happened. I had crafted a level 13 repeating heavy xbow - metalline, keen with vampirism. Used it for many levels without an issue. Built the same thing again but with a red augment slot & placed a Ruby of Good in the slot. Used the weapon for the rest of that session, then logged out.
    The next day I log in & my newest crafted metalline, keen, vampire + good had been replaced with a standard BtC heavy Xbow of level 0. How is this possible?
    Yes, longstanding issue since the introduction of the new crafting with keen and red augment slots interacting badly and deleting some or all of the properties on the weapon on relogging or de-banking, have read a bunch of the same reports.
    Nistafa on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elfishski View Post
    Yes, longstanding issue since the introduction of the new crafting with keen and red augment slots interacting badly and deleting some or all of the properties on the weapon on relogging or de-banking, have read a bunch of the same reports.
    Thank you for explaining one of the hidden gems in DDO. There really should be a separate manual just for all these hidden gems.

Community Member

Default So this is a known issue?

This just happened to me last night. Crafted a keen, good, red-slotted rapier at level 10. Transferred it to another toon and it became a blank unslotted paragon rapier. Logged out and back in and it shifted again to a blank non-slotted rapier. Made another, thinking must have glitched, let's try it again, and the same thing happened.

If this is a known issue, why isn't it listed in the known issues? Cordovan, could we get a list of issues with cannith crafting so mats are not routinely burned? If I had done this with my adamantine red-slotted rapier or one of my other slotted 'rare'-metal weapons I would be furious (since I've spent shards on many of them) - as it is I'm just annoyed to have burned the mats. There is simply no excuse for hiding this kind of information.

Community Member

Yes, it's known bug. No, devs never hide this issue.

Community Member

Thanks for that.

Definitely not hidden, but definitely not advertised. It's not on the known bugs reports as far as I've seen... or did I miss that too?