Community Member

Default Is it the time of the orc?

14 cleric/ 6 barbarian, probably War domain for holy sword.
    34 Radiant (heal aura, cure focus)
    This leaves 46 base points plus whatever racial PL points you have for damage related things.
    Suggest taking 11 in ravager (3 cores, barbarian power attack for 3, hardy rage for 3, probably 2 in ritual scarring, this will add d6 from pain touch, and 6 more from barb power attack to your damage, also lots of heal amp and HP
    Suggest 11 more, taking 3 cores in Frenzied berzerker, power rage for 2 (+1strength when raging), extra rage for 2 (4 extra rages, important when you need to dismiss it sometimes), 3 points in sprint boost, 1 more point into angry arms (+3% glancing blow damage)
    That leaves 24 points.
    Half orc, 4 cores for 6 points (+2 strength, more when wounded but you're going to be kept mostly topped by your aura
    8 points in orc weapon line, for +8 damage/+8 hit with 2 handed weapons (exactly what you're wielding), 2 points for Orc frenzy (+40 rp/Mp, +2 strength, but it's like a rage)
    Orc lock bash (1 point, works with intimidate)
    3 more for orc power attack (+6 more damage)
    4 more for raging crush (autocrit +3w 30 second timer), brutality (20% helpless damage with 2handers), and power rage
    That's 22. Leaving you with 2 point to spend as desired plus whatever you have in racial PLs
    Assuming 2 racial PL points, that'll give you 4 points in warpriest for Divine might (3)

Feats Power attack (1), Completionist (3), Two handed fighting (6), Empower healing (9), Imp Crit Slash (12), Imp Two handed (15), Greater Two handed (18)
    Can substitute cleave for completionist if you don't have it.

Crit profile on a SoS would be 35%/4x, a Riftmaker 15%/5x, which are both quite respectable.
    Leveling could be Barb (1st level), 14 cleric (to 15 which gets you holy sword then), and then rest barb. Half orc line is there all the time to absorb points while levelling to increase DPS.

Anyone know if you can use positive energy burst while raged?
    Base stats Strength 18, Dx 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Charisma 12
    For deity, probably Ollandra for the level 6 ability

You'd have cleric spells up to level 7.

Okay first off, I'm actually really glad you made this thread since I was going to make something similar to it. Well, I still will, but I'll link this thread somewhere in it.

Anyway, no. PosBurst won't work when raged. But you can use any spells/SLAs/Divine Channels when Frenzied from Berserker Frenzy.
    Since you're already pumping out 11 AP into it, you can go for Supreme Cleave too. 10 HP is nothing to someone with both high HP and PosAura on at what I'm assuming is at all times.
    What feats do you intend to have past lv20? Overwhelming Crit sounds like a must-have, as does quicken spell.

I was also kicking the idea around. Scared to tr a toon with an epic sos right now though haha!
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

This looks like it could be a fun build

But why not go destruction
    Anti rage effects for spells?

Idk, I don't play barbs
    Other than once,
    But it's great concept build,
    Kinda short on cleric powers
    Very feat starved
    Not splash fighter?
    Why 6 barb?
    And I'd go thf at 1, pa at 6
    But no maximize or quicken
    So burst will suck
    And maybe danger casting
    But definately a strong fighter
    Maybe changes to warpriest may make it look better

Like the idea
    Never played a half Orc
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    But why not go destruction
    Anti rage effects for spells?
    Destruction domain will let you cast spells while Raged, but doesn't provide Holy Sword like War domain. Taking T5 RS blocks the barb T5s like Crit Rage, so I'm inferring OP is prioritizing moar DPS from HS over spellcasting.
    Why 6 barb?
    Probably for Frenzy plus extra heal amp from Demoralizing Success.
    But no maximize or quicken
    So burst will suck
    True but since you can't use RS burst while Raged, that's probably not an important part of this build.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Destruction domain will let you cast spells while Raged, but doesn't provide Holy Sword like War domain. Taking T5 RS blocks the barb T5s like Crit Rage, so I'm inferring OP is prioritizing moar DPS from HS over spellcasting.

Probably for Frenzy plus extra heal amp from Demoralizing Success.

True but since you can't use RS burst while Raged, that's probably not an important part of this build.

Yeah the idea is to pack as much low hanging THF dps as possible into the build. Most of the healing is to be from heal aura. An alternative might be Barb-3/Fighter-2/Cleric-15, giving 2 extra feats (cleave/great cleave), and 8th level spells.

But yeah, you can't get both holy sword and the raging spellcasting, and I think the holy sword is the most important.

Vish, power attack at 1st level adds a ton of damage in thf, and opens up your barb power attack and orc power attack. THF feat is small potato in comparison.
    Last edited by ValariusK; 08-18-2017 at 11:59 AM.