Default What Imbues from offhand weapons work now - Post U36 - for shuriken throwers

Now that the AA tree is gone for Monkchers shuriken builds, since the U36 update, what imbues do work when a monkcher has a short sword or kama in the offhand?

So far I have tested and proven that Tendon slice, feeding and draining do but paralyzing does not.
    Has anyone else built a shuriken thrower monk/ranger or pure monk and used an offhand weapon for the procs ?
    What procs worked for you ?

I haven't tested recently but AoE procs (from ToEE heroic/epic weapons, Some Stars of Day, Celestia), Stone Prison (this was on the old Erosive weapons and can be made on a tier 2 alchemical weapon--low DC), general buffs (like sneak damage which cannot be crafted anymore, seeker, doubleshot), freezing ice (on ToEE scimitar leaving you uncenetered or Frozen tunic et al), etc.

I haven't checked lately on these things. Not playing a thrower now.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

just to add: Freezing ice can be crafted onto heroic greensteel but i do not know if it stacks with other sources (it does seem to stack with minor freezing ice). Not sure if earthgrab procs from offhand onto mainhand; if so that tier 2 alchemical earth earth would be superb in offhand for levels 16-23ish.

paralyzing never procced from offhand or does enervation.
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    just to add: Freezing ice can be crafted onto heroic greensteel but i do not know if it stacks with other sources (it does seem to stack with minor freezing ice).
    You are a font of information. I was just looking at herioc greensteel freezing ice. hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You are a font of information. I was just looking at heroic greensteel freezing ice. hmm....

Not sure if it is worth it, but a lot of folks are relying on freezing ice for stopping mobs in reaper difficulties. I think it is a dual shard weapon which is very PITA.

Or you can do a ToEE offhand weapon ML 7 and add one of four AoE attributes, like Acid (see here). I do not know if the (elemental) blast effect works onto the mainhand but the AoE are like the Stars of Day or Celestia.

6. 08-10-2017, 12:48 AM

7. 08-10-2017, 02:07 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here. Hopefully it should be useful. Yes, the information is old, so if something's changed, update it, but at least it'll be a good leaping-off point.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lds?highlight=