Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Are they SLAs? I thought the spells gained from Divine Disciple cores were just additional spells that appear on your spell list.
    You are correct. The spells gained from the cores, are just added to your spell list. The Core Spells are Sun (Bolt / Beam / Burst). DD Also has SLAs like other casting trees, it has Nimbus of Light, Searing Light, AoE Good Damage spell, and AoE Fire Damage spell. He is correct that Searing Light is an SLA in both cases. I also wish to know how the cooldowns of these two identical SLAs will interact. (As I have a 16 DD Cleric / 4 FvS Light SLA Laser Beamer, and will 99% certainty be taking Sun Domain)

Also I, like many others, would like to know how current clerics and FvSs gain this. Free Fred Feat Fun For Few Fleeting Fortnights?

Also to the person or persons who said that using Turns for damage wasnt "PnP' enough, in 3.5 it was I believe either a Feat, an ACF (Alternate Class Feature) or possibly both, to get damage on to your turns. I believe the options are in Complete Divine.

One small nitpick / thought, about both the favored soul and the cleric, getting +10 hp per level seems strong. Like, that's more HP than a Paladin and a Barbarian, and those guys are supposed to be the tanks. The HP is what they get for losing the ability to cast like a caster. My 2 DDO Points would be to tone that down. Do what you want of course, but it does seem not awesome to me that a Full Casting FVS or Full Casting Cleric would have more base HP than a Paladin (which is supposed to be the Half Fighter Half Cleric).

P.S.: Fun Fact I learned recently, no bearing on any of this, so feel free to stop reading now. 3.5 Gives Clerics Turn Undead for free, and Damage is a feat (or ACF).
    Pathfinder (Which is very very similar to 3.5, sometimes called "3.75") chooses to go the opposite, clerics get Channel Positive or Negative energy Burst for free, and need to burn a feat to gain Turn Undead.
    Just something I liked.
    Last edited by SpardaX; 08-05-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Default Level 2?

Domains
    Starting at level 2, a Cleric will pick one Domain which will provide additional (free) class feats as they level.

Why at level 2? Clerics always get a Domain at starting a Cleric
    Hin "means" halfling in the halfling language

the smallest things contain enormous power

I like the proposals! The changes make cleric and cleric multi classes more attractive. It doesn't rely address the high end turn undead uselessness but it does offer variety in turning at lower levels. The domains seem fairly balanced. Some are better for multi classes some for pure or mostly pure clerics. Some for battle priests some for casters. A tanky choice or two. I wish there were a way to make the turn buffs last beyond 20 seconds. I would suggest maybe 20 seconds +2 seconds per cleric level?

I am not a enemy of the good enough in favor of my own perceived perfect vision however. So thanks for looking at the class and offering up some fun new options.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fasuil View Post
    Domains
    Starting at level 2, a Cleric will pick one Domain which will provide additional (free) class feats as they level.

Why at level 2? Clerics always get a Domain at starting a Cleric
    I agree with you on principle and in theory, that they should get it at level 1. And I wholeheartedly +1 your comment.
    But I can also think of a bunch of reasons to not.

1: Don't want to overwhelm new players with too much stuff all at once, and level 2 seems a fair amount of time passed to ease them into it

2: Veering away from new players and off to Veteran players, gotta make that splash a bit bigger to reap them sweet sweet rewards. Fair play.

3: And finally, most likely the actual reason, this reason has nothing to do with the playerbase new or old at all, but simply a mechanics issue. These Domains are free Feats. So far for me, I've only ever seen a character gain 3 feats at one time. If we put it at level 1, a player is getting both a Deity Feat and a Domain Feat at the same time. I'm willing to bet it's simply the fact that chances are their programming wont allow a character to gain 2 "Class" Feats at one level. Which I assume is why the 2nd feat comes in at level 5, and not 6.

Can you imagine a 1st level Human getting 4 Feats on that feat selector screen? It would be hilarious.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

I see a huge variance in the power of those domains. In addition, a bunch don't feel very "cleric".

If you cannot design new spells / abilities, at least buff the core ones of clerics.

I don't feel this accomplishes it.

Obviously as a cleric player one would be happy (it is more power), but I don't feel it boosts the differential abilities of cleric.

Community Member

Lightbulb +SLAs

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Greetings.

As we work on a Divine pass, we want to add in our version of Domains for Clerics. Rather than having them simply be a series of spell options, we wanted players to pick a Domain that gave the Cleric interesting build options that worked with enhancement trees.

That said, we wanted to give the players a preview of how Domains work in DDO, and want options would be available for Clerics.

[...]
    Sev~
    I have never understood this elemental resistance to the element you are manipulating. If you handle fire, you should be resistant to cold, the oposite. I appreciate the idea of providing SLAs for clerics, but it does not make any sense turning them into savants. Divine conjurations must have different forms. But assuming you do not care about it, I must say that the Magic Domain is a joke. I think you should add more SLAs (who cares about a poor amount of SP?), as well as decrease the cooldown of low-impact spells, or at least, make the radiance power replace force power in this domain, following the path of elementals. Does not Animal Domain allow dominate monster? Really? And will you miss the opportunity to create real necromancers? Profane clerics manipulating NEGATIVE energy (with SLAs, of course) would be awesome, since negative/positive power is increased by the same skill (am I the only one who notice there is no evil domain?).

Quote Originally Posted by Firensel View Post
    (am I the only one who notice there is no evil domain?).
    In PnP D&D, you needed to be Good in alignment to get access to the Good Domain, Lawful to get access to Lawful etc. A Domain needed to be related to a God's portfolio in order for him/her to grant it (so Lathander, God of Dawn/Renewal would grant Sun and Healing, but not Animal or Magic; Grumbar, Boss of Earth would grant Earth, but not Water).
    As there is no evil alignment in DDO, it makes sense for the Devs not to waste time creating an Evil Domain that noone could select.

Domain choices at lvl 2 should be limited by Character Alignment and the Deity selected at lvl 1.

Domains were designed to give flavour to Clerics of specific Deities. If an artificer can use Science to cast the spell Blade Barrier (traditionally only available to Clerics in PnP), it is hardly a stretch to grant lightning related spells to the clerics of a Storm god, even if they would otherwise be seen as Wizard/Sorcerer spells or nature related spells to Cleric followers of Nature deities, that would otherwise fall only to Druids or Rangers. A God is going to be more interested in seeing his/her will done than in saying "sorry, you are a cleric, so I won't let you do something related due to my portfolio".
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Quote Originally Posted by PNP View Post
    The other things that bugs me is that there are no caveat, in the last few years, it has just been a power race, with some nerfs to appease the masses, but you gain power for free, effortlessly. For me, when you chose domain you should lose something, a trade-off sort of deal.
    You lose access to all of the other domains... What do you want, a contract for your first born child? That makes for a great fairy tale but a lousy class in a video game.

I foresee lots of ubber clerics playing and they will mostly solo...
    Don't blame the class for the meta.

Clerics have one of the most unique spell list in all DDO as it is, they can heal and CC effectively and now, they will dps pretty well too, so what does that leave us?
    A game where all the classes are fun to play? I'm not sure what your objection is.

A bunch of 15 cleric / 5 pally better tank than pure pally or fighter, maybe a 15 cleric / 5 sorc or 5 WIZ shiradi build that can wipe mob and heal parties which will be useless since he can solo his way through DDO... I always thought of a cleric as a supportive role, one that can heal, buff, etc. but if they can insta kill better than casters, nuke pretty well, on top of it, I am afraid we are losing our clerics here rather than gaining them...
    Ok, I see what your objection is: A Cleric class which is useful for more than being a heal-bot for others. How has that worked for the past 6 years without a Cleric class pass? Where are the equal numbers of Clerics being run if heal-bot is such an honored and cherished role?

I just want clerics to be more relevant, I think the idea showed here is great but I am worried we are creating new ubber toons.
    No, what they are creating is relevant classes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    One small nitpick / thought, about both the favored soul and the cleric, getting +10 hp per level seems strong. Like, that's more HP than a Paladin and a Barbarian, and those guys are supposed to be the tanks.
    Here we go again... It's already been cut in half and yet still the calls for a nerf will never cease.

Clerics will never steal the tanking spotlight from any class which has a tanking spec. Hit points do not make a tank. They make a character which might survive when otherwise it would die. I stand by my earlier analysis: The Animal Domain is lame, and will only be taken by a Cleric who needs the HP for survivability, similarly to how Unyielding Sentinel might be taken by a character which is not yet geared up for survival simply because it offers a pile of HP even though it is a really lame destiny otherwise for a lot of classes. It contributes nothing to the effectiveness of the character other than the old adage: You do zero DPS when you are dead.

The replacement of the level 14 Snow Slide ability with the Feral Charge ability which has zero support in any Cleric enhancement tree isn't going to make the Animal Domain any more popular. Snow Slide at least had a decent amount of utility. The HP is the only draw of this Domain, and it will be abandoned like US as soon as the character can comfortably survive in some other Domain/Destiny.
    Last edited by Niminae; 08-05-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    3: And finally, most likely the actual reason, this reason has nothing to do with the playerbase new or old at all, but simply a mechanics issue. These Domains are free Feats.
    Be really careful about assumptions. All that was said is this:

Selecting a Domain has not been called a Feat. And it might not be implemented as a Feat. It might be an irrevocable selection, just as is a Warlock Pact selection. Being done at second level rather than at character creation makes this far less likely, since a LR should allow for a different L2 Domain selection, but still the caution about assumptions is a valid one.

Community Member

Well, I'm kinda disappointed that instead of including domains into the class as they are supposed to be, they are being used for class balancing and avoiding enhancement tree pass.

But I'm not a PnP zealot by any means. It won't be my problem if this causes mass abuses of splashing, OP builds, nerf calls, whines after nerfs, D&D fan people quitting because PnP rules have been deformed completely, and so on...

I would like to suggest adding an ability to Death domain (while reducing Necromancy DC gain to balance things out), similar to abilities in other domains, but this one makes more sense:

Your negative energy spellpower will use Spellcraft skill instead of Heal if it is higher.

Pale Masters should get the same ability in their enhancement tree, but leave that for the arcane pass, adding that to Death domain would be a nice prototype for that kind of thing (using a different skill for certain spellpower).

I also made a suggestion about:

Instead of having all alignment spellpower on Radiance, distribute some alignment types to other spellpowers.

Nullification:
    - bonus to Negative, Unholy and Evil Spell Power.

Devotion:
    - bonus to Positive, Holy and Good Spell Power.

Radiance:
    - bonus to Light, Lawful and Chaotic Spell Power.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ellpower-types

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    I think clerics need wisdom to damage as per favoured souls.
    I agree, this works only for favored weapons so it's not OP by any means.

I know this is a cleric pass but as a monk i would really hoping to see wisdom based damage feat for non ranged.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by PNP View Post
    My first beef. It seems clerics peak at 15. The incentive to go higher is minimal
    Implosion?

I just want clerics to be more relevant, I think the idea showed here is great but I am worried we are creating new ubber toons.
    With a few exceptions I don't think the uber-potential is there. There might arise some min-maxed melee builds involving the Protection and War domains, but for traditional caster clerics the additional power is pretty lateral. You gain some new options and a mostly meaningless boost to stuff like spell power, the main boost is the DCs which are the only thing in these domains I wish would be toned down.

There is big potential for a good CC+instakill+healer DC caster, but cleric can already do that pretty well, the domains just make them a touch better and add a lot of build options. Domains also come at the cost of other domains, so if I wanted to be better at insta-kills with the Death domain, I couldn't have Earthquake, or Prismatic Spray, or if you want to go the spell damage route, you'd benefit a lot more from Fire or Sun.

Clerics will be a LOT more interesting and fun to play with domains, but I am just not seeing the uber potential (compared to how DC casters currently are.)

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    No, what they are creating is relevant classes.
    Because they were not relevant before? That would say a lot regarding your cleric abilities.

I have played first lifer cleric in reaper group and I can tell you they are relevant. If I could solo elite (I am at best an average player) that means clerics are capable and relevant already. They are behind and need a boost but the boost as presented seems to be a little too aggressive and pushes the ez button. Yes I do not like ez button.

What I do not want is another warlock, every class should be 1. flawed and 2. have a special feature that makes them special. That is the whole idea of D&D - i agree that this is not D&D but just because clerics needed a pass badly they should not become the next super class.
    Since I did not know who I was, they made me take a test so now I know.
    I lead Blue then Green and Red. No Yellow. That means, I like to figure things out first, I like to find a way to please everybody but do not waste my time. And no, I do not like people... Thus I play solo and I have gimped gear....

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Some of these look interesting and fun. Overall, I don't hate what I'm seeing.

One concern I have is the War domain. I dig "proficient with all weapon types" in a vacuum, but that doesn't synergize at all with deity feats, which grant proficiency for favored weapons, and the Warpriest tree which boosts damage with favored weapons.

Instead of proficiency with all weapons, how about the level 2 (or whatever) War domain feat is a selector where you choose your favored weapon. That way you still get proficiency with any (one) weapon, and you also get to use the deity feats and warpriest enhancements.
    This is a large concern for me as well. I find weapon proficiency pretty useless if it doesn't work with any of your other enhancements, except as a easy way to dip for other classes and builds. To be honest, I really don't care for most of the things granted by the War Domain. A Bonus to Tactical Feats. meh. Does the Divine Bonus to Melee/Ranged Power stack with the Action Boost one? 20 Seconds (for this one really only) just seems too short to really matter except as a party boost, which is probably not what this is going to be used for. Feels kind of meh, at least "on paper". Does it really matter that Holy Sword is a SLA? As opposed to just adding the spell, I guess.

So, to me, and I could be wrong, for a "war Cleric", the War Domain seems like a straight downgrade most of the time if not using Favored Weapon, and only a very minor, very late level boost that's likely not worth it to those that do focus on Favored Weapon, (as it currently works). Am I wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    The original "Turn Elemental" ability from 3e let the cleric command (dominate) matching elementals, and turn/destroy opposing elementals (eg a Fire cleric could command Fire eles and turn Water eles).
    As for turning/destroying animals, I think that's a bit silly. It should charm or dominate them instead.
    Hopefully these Elemental Turning Abilities only work on one type of Elemental (so a Fire Domain Cleric can only Turn/Destroy Water Elementals, not all Elementals), but this does sort of seem very powerful. Animals, I'm on the fence., and I do think that a Charm effect, or even a Fear type effect would be a much better path to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    I think clerics need wisdom to damage as per favored souls.

And they both need a crit multiplier and or range improver for favored weapons, perhaps like swashbuckler enhancements
    I agree. At least in some fashion. I'm not sure how to handle it. The Favored Weapon enhancements are nice, but comparing it to things like the Arcane Archer tree , for example, it is just lacking. Or that a great deal of the Warpriest tree doesn't work with the Silver Flame Favored Weapon, (or not much) is disappointing. Even an ability to use Wis instead of Dex to qualify for and use a lot of Archery Feats would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkeyLothar View Post
    I hated it myself and I'm glad they didn't do the damage thing. That was a terrible idea and not how turning undead should ever work in D&D. How far away from the game do we really want to go here?
    As am I. I hated the idea of turning Turn Undead into another AoE Damage effect. I've seen it done, and I think it's the worst possible way to hand that ability.

Community Member

And how about tweaking Spontaneous Casting to have Inflict choice?

From the 3.5 wiki:

Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric of an evil deity), can’t convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with “inflict” in its name).

A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player’s choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed.

This choice also determines whether the cleric turns or commands undead.

DDO could maybe do it based on your chosen Deity? This also contains a tweak for Turn Undead. Dark Clerics command undead instead of turning them.

Community Member

Default Good but almost dumps wizard school feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Greetings.

As we work on a Divine pass, we want to add in our version of Domains for Clerics. Rather than having them simply be a series of spell options, we wanted players to pick a Domain that gave the Cleric interesting build options that worked with enhancement trees.

That said, we wanted to give the players a preview of how Domains work in DDO, and want options would be available for Clerics.

Domains

Air Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to the DC of your Evocation spells. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th level Cleric.

Your lightning spells will use Light Spell Power if it is higher.

Your light spells will use Lightning Spell Power if it is higher.

Your Turn Undead works on Elementals

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a bonus to Reflex saving throws equal to half you Cleric level, and points of Electric Resistance equal to twice your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Shocking Grasp as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Lightning Bolt as an SLA

Level 14: You gain Chain Lightning as an SLA

Animal Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 Spot, +1 Listen, and +1 Reflex saving throws for every 2 Cleric levels.

Your Turn Undead works on Animals

When you use Turn Undead your party gains points of Constitution equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain 10 hit points per Cleric level. You also add 10 hit points for each epic level you have gained.

Level 9: You gain +15% fortification bypass.

Level 14: You gain the Feral Charge ability. Your character to briefly morphs into a bear and charges forward through foes, attacking all foes in the charge area. The attack does weapon damage based on your equipped weapon with a +3(W) bonus, and enemies must make a Reflex saving throw with a DC of 19 + Wisdom modifier + Trip Bonuses or be knocked down. Cooldown is 15 seconds.

Chaos Domain

You cannot take this domain if you are Lawful.

Level 2: You gain +1 to Will saving throws for every 2 Cleric levels.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains 1d20 points of Universal Spell Power and 1d10 points (each rolled separately) of Melee Power, Ranged Power, Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating.

Level 5: You gain Chaos Hammer as an SLA

Level 9: Your spell critical chance is increased by 3%

Level 14: You gain Prismatic Spray as an SLA

Death Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to the DC of your Necromancy spells. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th level Cleric.

You gain +2 to your effective Cleric level to Turn Undead, and +2 to the hit dice of undead effected.

Level 5: You gain Necrotic Ray as an SLA

Level 9: You are immune to Energy Drain.

Level 14: You gain Destruction as an SLA

Destruction Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 Melee and Ranged Power. You gain another point of each at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th level Cleric.

You can cast your Cleric spells while raging.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a Divine bonus to Melee Power and Ranged Power equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: Durability damage for your items is reduced by 75%.

Level 9: You weapons gain +2 to hit and damage.

Level 14: Your weapon strikes add a stack of Improved Destruction.

Earth Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 Acid Spell Power (Corrosion) per Cleric Level

Your acid spells will use Light Spell Power if it is higher.

Your light spells will use Acid Spell Power if it is higher.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a bonus to Fortitude saving throws equal to half you Cleric level, and points of Acid Resistance equal to twice your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Melf's Acid Arrow as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Stoneskin as an SLA

Level 14: You gain Earthquake as an SLA. The cooldown for this version is 15 seconds.

Fire Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 Fire Spell Power (Combustion) per Cleric Level

Your fire spells will use Light Spell Power if it is higher.

Your light spells will use Fire Spell Power if it is higher.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains points of Fire Resistance equal to twice your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Scorching Ray as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Wall of Fire as an SLA

Level 14: You gain Firestorm as an SLA

Good Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 Light Spell Power (Radiance) per Cleric Level. You gain +1 to the Heal skill for every 2 Cleric levels.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains temporary hit points equal to five times your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Deific Vengeance as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Blade Barrier as an SLA

Level 14: You gain +3 to hit, damage, and armor class against evil creatures in combat. You gain +3 to saving throws against spells cast by evil creatures.

Healing Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 Positive Spell Power (Devotion) per Cleric Level

When you use Turn Undead your party gains 20 point of Healing Amplification.

Level 5: You gain Cure Moderate Wounds as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Panacea as an SLA

Level 14: Your healing spells are empowered, as if you had the Empower meta-magic. This does not increase their cost.

Knowledge Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 to all skills.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains points of Intelligence equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Suggestion as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Feeblemind as an SLA

Level 14: You gain +4 Spell Penetration. You gain +2 to the DC of all spells.

Law Domain

You cannot take this domain if you are Chaotic.

Level 2: You gain +1 to the DC of your Enchantment spells. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th.

When you use your Turn Undead your party gains a Sacred bonus to saving throws equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Order's Wrath as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Greater Command as an SLA

Level 14: You gain +3 to hit, damage, and armor class against chaotic creatures in combat. You gain +3 to saving throws against spells cast by chaotic creatures.

Luck Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to your Fortitude, Reflex, and Will saving throws. This increases by +1 at 6th level, +1 at 12th level, and +1 at 18th level.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a Divine bonus to saving throws equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Displacement as an SLA

Level 9: You add +2 to the DC of your spells.

Level 14: You no longer automatically fail your saving throws on a roll of 1.

Magic Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to the DC of your Evocation spells. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th level Cleric.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a Divine bonus to Universal Spell Power equal to twice your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Chain Missiles as an SLA. (This shares a cooldown with the Archmage SLA.)

Level 9: You gain a number of bonus Spell Points equal to your character level x 10.

Level 14: You gain points of Universal Spell Power equal to your twice your Cleric level.

Protection Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to AC, PRR, and MRR. This increases by +1 at 5th level, 10th level, 15th level, and 20th level.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a Divine bonus to PRR and MRR equal to twice your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain the Shield spell as a permanent effect on you.

Level 9: You gain Radiant Forcefield as an SLA

Level 14: Your Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating are increased by your Cleric level.

Strength Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 Strength and become immune to Strength damage.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a Divine bonus to Strength equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: Your Reflex saving throws are now based on Strength instead of Dexterity.

Level 9: You become immune to knock down effects

Level 14: You always make your saving throw against Stun effects.

Sun Domain

Level 2: You gain +2 to Fire (Combustion) and Light Spell Power (Radiance) per Cleric level.

When you use Turn Undead you and your allies gain True Sight. in addition, for 20 seconds enemies in the radius of the Turn Undead have their incorporeal miss chance negated and will be inflicted with 10% vulnerability to Light damage.

Level 5: You gain Searing Light as an SLA.

Level 9: You gain Sun Beam as an SLA

Level 14: You gain Sunburst as an SLA

Trickery Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 to the DC of your Enchantment spells. This increases by +1 at 6th, 12th, and 18th.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains points of Charisma equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Invisibility as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Mind Fog as an SLA

Level 14: You gain Charm Monster, Mass as an SLA

War Domain

Level 2: You gain +1 Damage with melee and ranged weapons. This increases at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th and 20th.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a Divine bonus to Melee Power and Ranged Power equal to half your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain proficiency in all martial and exotic weapons.

Level 9: Your tactical DCs are increased by half your Cleric level.

Level 14: You gain Holy Sword as an SLA.

Water Domain

Level 2: You gain Water Breathing. You gain +1 to Swimming and +2 Cold Spell Power (Glaciation) per Cleric level.

Your cold spells will use Positive Spell Power if it is higher.

Your healing spells will use Cold Spell Power if it is higher.

When you use Turn Undead your party gains a bonus to Will saving throws equal to half you Cleric level, and points of Cold Resistance equal to twice your Cleric level for 20 seconds

Level 5: You gain Solid Fog as an SLA

Level 9: You gain Cone of Cold as an SLA

Level 14: You gain Greater Creeping Cold as an SLA

Sev~
    Now I like the fact you're updating these classes, but being a wizard that is based around dcs, this kinda dumps the school feats for wizards (+1 dc for each school, per feat). To not mention, the epic school feat is still plus one, I mean it doesn't seem right when you give the same bonus as the heroic feat for epic feats. I feel that one dc per feat is just too little.. espeically for a class that focuses so much on dc. Please update that next?

Seems like Cleric with a light (5-6 level) fighter splash will be the new paladin. Between Animal and War domains, why even run one of the ol' caped crusaders?

People freaking out about earthquake need to realize that its already a divine spell in 3.5.

Mostly good changes, a bit sad to see my beloved Paladins fall further from the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Implosion?
    well you got me there - yes, nothing beats implosion when it is off timer. Agreed. I did not say that there is no incentive to go higher than 15 but it is diminishing return.
    Again, that is why you can safely multi class cause you are not losing much, my point of view is that you should have to really think about losing a capstone which is not even a consideration here.
    BTW I have nothing against multi classing, I think it is the cornerstone of DDO to find ways to make the toon you want to play accomplish what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    With a few exceptions I don't think the uber-potential is there. There might arise some min-maxed melee builds involving the Protection and War domains, but for traditional caster clerics the additional power is pretty lateral. You gain some new options and a mostly meaningless boost to stuff like spell power, the main boost is the DCs which are the only thing in these domains I wish would be toned down.

There is big potential for a good CC+instakill+healer DC caster, but cleric can already do that pretty well, the domains just make them a touch better and add a lot of build options. Domains also come at the cost of other domains, so if I wanted to be better at insta-kills with the Death domain, I couldn't have Earthquake, or Prismatic Spray, or if you want to go the spell damage route, you'd benefit a lot more from Fire or Sun.

Clerics will be a LOT more interesting and fun to play with domains, but I am just not seeing the uber potential (compared to how DC casters currently are.)
    Again, I think you are right and I agree with what you are saying, my beef is with the DC boost, +3 at level12, +4 at 18 yes it is just one school, but huge compared to any other class. I like DC casters so my first thought was OH SH!T I AM GOING TO DESTROY OR IMPLODE EVERYTHING - but I feel it is too much.

From what I have seen in the past, there is usually very little change to what they show as early and the final version, I do hope they tone it down just a little.
    Since I did not know who I was, they made me take a test so now I know.
    I lead Blue then Green and Red. No Yellow. That means, I like to figure things out first, I like to find a way to please everybody but do not waste my time. And no, I do not like people... Thus I play solo and I have gimped gear....

Community Member

Omg, what a bunch of whining. Have half the people not actually played dungeons and dragons? They are doing an amazing job balancing and incorporating the domains into the game and all most of you can do is **** and moan about it like ignorant toddlers who don't get a toy at the store from mommy.
    Let them put thing in the game that start making it more like d&d and less like some wow knock off.

Domain do add turning of various other things, elementals, outsiders, animals, etc. And yes it can destroy those creatures. If you don't like it, then don't play a friggin cleric, stick with your power build warlocks or paladin tanks which have absurd hp and damage. I see no balance issue with what they're doing at all, just a bunch of trolls crying.

Though, there is a valid point about wizzy's and sorc's, perhaps in the future it will be familiars that will add to their spell casting dc's and what not. Wouldn't that be nice?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast