Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Terror Reapists are still broken!

You call them "Fear Reapers" but they don't act like reapers and their ability is 100% nonsense.

Grief Reapists is what they are.

No line of sight, just damage. No line of sight checks, just damage.

We go down under to the shrine in Offering of Blood and it sits up there with all the champ archers, doing damage without seeing anyone.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-04-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: profanity

Default Recommended change

AoE. Not entire dungeon, not massive, just AoE.

Forced Line of Sight and Terrain Geometry checks.

I had over 60 stacks from a fear reaper I never saw soloing 3 skull Tracker's Trap. I thought it would kill me but at some point the stacks cleared and I never did find that fear reaper.

I agree with your point, but I think it's an anti-zerg mechanism. The only thing that concerns me with fear reapers is letting people join an in-progress quest like coalescence chamber because if a fear reaper kills the pug it's a major pain to back track and find it. It's never happened to me, but in theory it seems it can.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Default Can't Sneak

Sneak Mode + Reaper = ENTIRE DUNGEON KNOWS

This also needs to be changed.

I can't Rogue Assassin anymore because of this and the Aggro System changes. This upsets my tiny ego and makes my little rogue cry.
    Tears of blood and soul stone.

While you are at it, change Ooze and Spiders so that if a Half Orc Barbarian is grunting and banging around they can't INSTANTLY DETECT ONLY MY ROGUE. Tremor Sense would be overwhelmed by all that extra input. It needs to make sense, not be a system made of computer and stupid.

"To err is human. To really f*ck up, you need a computer" - I forgot who said this.

Default I will haunt you to death

If Reapers can Reaper, why can't dead people dead? I want us to be able to Haunt baddies to death, at least out of a sense of being unable to do anything because I was in sneak mode and a PLAGUE REAPER OUT OF NOWHERE!!!

Haunting... yeah. My Rogue cries tears of blood and soul stone.

Just to be clear fear reapers were weakest of all reapers and even got nerfed to ground after whining here. And even yet more whining and "solutions" how devs should fix issue between screen and chair?

You should see fear reapers in Shadow crypt. You're in one instance and they can fear you from another. You have to play Where's Wally before you can open any chests.

8. 08-01-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    You call them "Fear Reapers" but they don't act like reapers and their ability is 100% nonsense.

We go down under to the shrine in Offering of Blood and it sits up there with all the champ archers, doing damage without seeing anyone.

Unf*ck it please (we know what fixing it does...)
    Its working as intended as far as I know. Gives you incentive to go hunt it down and kill it...instead of just trying to avoid it. Heaven forbid the game actually present some challenge.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDragonas View Post
    Just to be clear fear reapers were weakest of all reapers and even got nerfed to ground after whining here. And even yet more whining and "solutions" how devs should fix issue between screen and chair?
    Unless I am missing the OP point he isn't asking for them to be weaker, but rather you shouldn't be getting dots from an enemy you can't even find. It's rare this happens to me but it does happen from time to time with fear reapers.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

Increase the DoT but decrease the radius of effect - so you will have to be closer to the reaper but it will kill you faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/romanragnorak/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

Community Member

This sounds like it's working just fine. It needs to see someone to activate. It saw one of you when you came in on the way to the shrine. You have to deal with it when it sees you, not when you feel like it.

With you on stealth though, reapers + shared agro kill stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Unless I am missing the OP point he isn't asking for them to be weaker, but rather you shouldn't be getting dots from an enemy you can't even find. It's rare this happens to me but it does happen from time to time with fear reapers.
    Thats why i told "Issue between screen and chair", just to be clear saying he can't find it when mob stands brainless in range points to what? Reaper can even be on some pillar just above him standing still and doing dots or spawned in corridor just back at corner, is it reapers fault that player don't try to look up or turn back to check?

Community Member

They didn't fix fear reapers at all, they just ignore doors now.

Fix stuff is not priority.

Community Member

I love Fear Reapers, they punish zerging, hard. A zerger can run off and trigger a Fear Reaper who then hurts the rest of the party. I like it that in Reaper the mistakes of someone else can get everyone else killed. That's exactly how it should be. The hardest content in the game and people want it nerfed so they can steam roll it and turn it into a track sprint. So what then, you can ask for Inferno Mode? Come on people.

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    I love Fear Reapers, they punish zerging, hard. A zerger can run off and trigger a Fear Reaper who then hurts the rest of the party. I like it that in Reaper the mistakes of someone else can get everyone else killed. That's exactly how it should be. The hardest content in the game and people want it nerfed so they can steam roll it and turn it into a track sprint. So what then, you can ask for Inferno Mode? Come on people.
    This is excuse for those that never run reaper.

They can spawn even if you are not zerging in places that the group can't reach and wipe it w/o LoS.

Community Member

Default Return to Delara's tomb example

I was just playing around entering Return to Delara's Tomb on R10. After all, you just talk to Delara then leave. You probably are guessing that a Reaper spawned, and you would be correct. However, what you may not have guessed is that it spawned in the next chamber, which you cannot get to at all. While I just finished up talking with Delara's ghost and beat feet out of there, it does demonstrate that Reapers can spawn in rooms/areas players absolutely cannot get to. I'm sure this example could play out on either side of the debate; suck it up and tough it out versus fix it. My opinion: While I enjoy a challenge, I do like a relatively fair (not completely fair) challenge. I don't enjoy getting screwed just for the sake of creating a completely artificial challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDragonas View Post
    Thats why i told "Issue between screen and chair", just to be clear saying he can't find it when mob stands brainless in range points to what? Reaper can even be on some pillar just above him standing still and doing dots or spawned in corridor just back at corner, is it reapers fault that player don't try to look up or turn back to check?
    Or in a randomized trap that never opens in Tracker's Trap. I would like to learn from you. You seem like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    You are looking at the issue through a single lens. Not everyone who uses stealth uses it to only zerg. Some folks play a scout for the party and want to scout ahead not just the next battle, but the next three. The triumvarite (sp?) playstyle is just one. There are different parties or different makeups. But stealth play should be a viable option ... It is one option of many. Some folks want to kill every mob ... That is an option. Options shouldn't be taken away just because you can only equate stealth to zerging. Those two don't equate. Sometimes they coincide, but not always.

while i dont agree with op that they should be changed - this is not how they are suppposed to work.

according to the change - they dont start the fear aura until they see someone. so in theory they shouldn't be hittting party unless they are already agrood on someone.

if it is in an area where now one was - then that is a bug and needs to be fixed.

This thread starts out as a bug report. Fear reapers are not supposed to appear in places you can't hit with ranged or spells or supposed to aggro without line of sight.

But, then comes the "nerf the range of the fear effect" responses. Which doesn't solve the problem, anyways, and just weakens the WAI fear effect of the reaper and allows them to be ignored by zerging mobs. That "solution" to fear reapers is self serving and disingenuous. We all know what will happen if Fear Reapers no longer cause fear throughout the dungeon to mobs that are outside melee range. They become a no challenge mob you can safely ignore.

The problem is not the fear effect. The problem is that there are still a few spots in a few quests where the fear reapers are spawning when they should not. Thus the correct response to the OOB issue (or the delera's issue mentioned) is to bug report them and make sure reapers can't spawn in those ares where players cannot attack the reaper with ranged/spells, at a minimum. Fix the exceptions that are not WAI. There is no need to alter the WAI fear effect to solve this problem.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast