Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Default Dragonborn testing - cold breath

Cold Breath (wolf ability) is classified as a breath attack- could somebody please test to see if the dragonborn power in breath and augmented breath enhancements work on it?

Requires dragonborn with 9 levels of druid
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

So after some other testing, I'm almost entirely sure it does. However, Cold Breath does not get evocation bonuses, which will decrease its DC by a pretty huge amount.
    I was actually really excited- had a build planned out with dragonborn wolf melee, hitting cold breath whenever essence of the shrike popped off. It has pretty great base damage and a super short cooldown, and you could make this kind of weird hybrid build really work well- especially with something like Arcane Warrior and some crit threat.

Could, if it worked like Dragon Breath. But it doesn't.
    ~Sarlona~

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    So after some other testing, I'm almost entirely sure it does. However, Cold Breath does not get evocation bonuses, which will decrease its DC by a pretty huge amount.
    I was actually really excited- had a build planned out with dragonborn wolf melee, hitting cold breath whenever essence of the shrike popped off. It has pretty great base damage and a super short cooldown, and you could make this kind of weird hybrid build really work well- especially with something like Arcane Warrior and some crit threat.

Could, if it worked like Dragon Breath. But it doesn't.
    Dragon Breath does however clear the room with a Water Elemental caster Druid ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
    Dragon Breath does however clear the room with a Water Elemental caster Druid ^.^
    Yeah - dragon breath is great and viable throughout the game and is a wonderful nuke every thirty seconds.

Cold breath is also a great and wonderful nuke to pop off every time essence pops up as long as you're playing on normal difficulty.
    ~Sarlona~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    Cold Breath (wolf ability) is classified as a breath attack- could somebody please test to see if the dragonborn power in breath and augmented breath enhancements work on it?

Requires dragonborn with 9 levels of druid
    No idea about cold breath, but warlock ES aura seemed to proc dragonborn augmented breath when I tested it a while ago and it worked on at least some red names (lulling or relentless, I forget), so I wouldn't be surprised if other random abilities proc augmented breath too.
    Nistafa on Khyber

Community Member

Default BUG still in place

This does not seem to have been fixed since this thread was created in 2017.

Really hoping a a Dev could look into this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khalibano View Post

I second this note!

Quote Originally Posted by Khalibano View Post

I don't know if this could be considered a "bug" exactly.

Cold Breath is already great on a wolf caster that invests a bit into it on everything but high reaper - it has better scaling than Ice Flowers does (same max damage, but it's like if Ice Flowers had a max roll on one of them) and has no save. It has a two second cooldown, so you can spam it like crazy for a ton of damage. With your pet out and Shrike, you're likely casting it for free very often as the pet procs shrike.

Give it Draconic Breath Augmentation and that's a 15% chance to paralyze everything for 4 seconds with no save and the 8% chance to knock down with no save every two seconds, that'd be pretty great on an attack that you can spam and pump out tons of damage on.
    ~Sarlona~