Default Masterful craftmanship

"Certain non-Crafting-keyed copies of the Wheloon and Storm Horns Masterful Craftsmanship Weapons and Accessories that had lost their Minimum Level have been restored to either Minimum Level 14 or 26, depending on their effects."

My non-crafting-keyed Bastard sword with venomous damage that has always been ML6 and never lost that minimum level is now minimum 14 after a RTR last night. Is this working as intended or are the release notes insufficient in explaining what items will be affected? At ML 6 this was a nice rare find I had worked hard to get. At level 14 it's barely better than Cannith crafting for effect damage alone. So is my item now correctly ML14 or was this an error?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I imagine it's intentional, but not well thought out. Or maybe there were some weapons that were much better than others and it was easier to change them all then to try and figure out which were too good and which were ok.

I had an ML 6 greatsword that is now ML 14.

At ML 6 it was +3 enhancement and +.5W better than crafted loot. Good but not OP in my opinion. Especially since it was easily replaced by greensteel at level 12. (And honestly could have been replaced by crafted loot at 9 or 10 if I cared.)

At ML 14 it is +1 enhancement, but it is -2d6 extra damage, -.5W, and - a third effect (+2 deadly?) from crafted loot. Total garbage.

I had a couple other weapons that I never even got around to using. I haven't even bothered looking at them.
    Last edited by Krelar; 07-17-2017 at 12:24 PM.