Default Fear Reaper question (wiki didn't help)

The Wiki page on Fear Reapers didn't have this:

Is there a max range on the Fear of Death effect? Was in The Pit, had a Fear Reaper spawn at the top of the first furnace by the Elly. Had me dotted up pretty good before I could see it. A bit of trial & error showed me I couldn't lose his agro/effect no matter the distance I tried to escape - even way down at the bottom I got more stacks.

First time I've run into one in such a large environment, anybody have some helpful range info?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Once aggroed the Fear Reaper has an unlimited aura range.

Same thing happens in chains of flames nothing to do but rc reset if it does that
    Damonz Cannith

Well... That's a bummer. Thanx for the quick replys though
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.

Community Member

I have clarified this in the wiki article.

Community Member

If everyone dies though that tends to reset it. From experience though I have seen them stop the fear aoe; not entirely sure what the prerequisites are but it seems when the entire dungeon looses agro on everyone.
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus2011 View Post
    If everyone dies though that tends to reset it. From experience though I have seen them stop the fear aoe; not entirely sure what the prerequisites are but it seems when the entire dungeon looses agro on everyone.
    Fun Fact of the day: Oozes from the first top room in The Pit can fall off the platform alllllll the waaaaaaay dooooooown to the bottom without leashing. (Didn't chase 'em when they fell, found them waiting when I fell - same ooze mobs in addition to the usualls down there as one was a partially damaged Champ I recognized.) I'm guessing the leash mechanic is either a quest-by-quest or mob-by-mob thing, and this an old quest with old mobs?

Thanks for updating the Wiki & additional info here

Quote Originally Posted by Drecas View Post
    Once aggroed the Fear Reaper has an unlimited aura range.
    This is not true. The Fear Reapers do actually have a limited range, althou it's very, very big. You can notice it by going in any quest, get a Fear reaper towards the end and then DDoor: the dot will disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..