Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Bladeworged recconstruct + warlock multiclass and eldritch aura.

So i ran into an issue/bug thats pretty major and i am suprised nobody mentioned it(i wasnt able to find any info on it via google etc.)

How to produce the issue:
    Esiest way is any sort of bladeforged with one level of warlock, rest something else. Lets say 3/1/1 paladin/fighter/warlock.
    Under normal conditions my recconstruct sla will hit for something around a 100 (50*spell power * repair amp)
    If i activate my warlock eldritch aura and it ticks on a mob for a few seconds after my reconstruct will hit for only about 22.

I did test this on other builds and waht happens is the SLA temorary takes into account only your warlock levels instead of all class levels.
    This is game breaking for some of the builds i would like to make. I attach a video demonstrating how this happens.

Anyone got any input on this? I didnt bother testing if this affect other race slas/spells from other classes in general in case of a warlock spalsh.

https://youtu.be/EAGCW-BxRXk
    Last edited by platonicx; 07-14-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by platonicx View Post
    So i ran into an issue/bug thats pretty major and i am suprised nobody mentioned it(i wasnt able to find any info on it via google etc.)

How to produce the issue:
    Esiest way is any sort of bladeforged with one level of warlock, rest something else. Lets say 3/1/1 paladin/fighter/warlock.
    Under normal conditions my recconstruct sla will hit for something around a 100 (50*spell power * repair amp)
    If i activate my warlock eldritch aura and it ticks on a mob for a few seconds after my reconstruct will hit for only about 22.

I did test this on other builds and waht happens is the SLA temorary takes into account only your warlock levels instead of all class levels.
    This is game breaking for some of the builds i would like to make. I attach a video demonstrating how this happens.

Anyone got any input on this? I didnt bother testing if this affect other race slas/spells from other classes in general in case of a warlock spalsh.

https://youtu.be/EAGCW-BxRXk
    (as of right now video is still uploading)
    Yep, sent in bug report and posted this already on the forums quite a few months ago after doing my own testing.

Basically whenever the warlock aura ticks and also hits an enemy it sets your caster level for whatever active ability gets used next (spell, SLA, and I think stuff like cleaves etc or even just attacking an enemy directly although there the caster level doesn't make any difference of course) to be your warlock caster level, and only after using that next active ability things reset correctly to apply the proper caster level for whatever you use after... until the next aura tick that does damage.

If you have more warlock levels than the other class, then you'll see a boost instead.

Got a "noted by QA" response but obviously they haven't fixed it since then...
    Nistafa on Khyber