Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Paladin - Defender Build - Epic Destiny Twists

I have a level 30 Dwarven Defender Build - 18 Paladin / 2 Fighter / 10 Epic - that I would like to get some opinions/thoughts on the best twists.

The character has 25 Fate Points. I have not used a Fate Tome on that character so I can up that to 28 if options present themselves that are worth it.

I am looking for two distinct options. A Defender version and a DPS version.

For the Defender I am anticipating using Unyielding Sentinel, for the DPS the Crusader Epic Destines. And again if better options are out there I am willing to change my plans.

Thoughts?

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Do you use a shield?
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    Do you use a shield?
    In Defender mood yes. However I have a couple of nice looking Great Axes I pull out when I pretend the character has decent DPS.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Let's go over some of my favorite twists currently (I'm still learning too!)

With 25 fate points and 3 twist slots your options are:
    Tier 4 + Tier 4
    Tier 4 + Tier 3 + Tier 1
    Tier 4 + Tier 2 + Tier 2
    Tier 3 + Tier 3 + Tier 2

For main destany; US is best for defense (it's mostly that 20% HP, but AC is good too), I like LD for damage (Blitz is amazing, the rest isn't bad), Crusader is OK, it's main selling points for me are the immunity to paralysis, critical threat range/doublestrike and empyrean magic.

One of the best twists in general:
    (Tier 1 PA) Rejuvenation Cocoon: 20d6 heal for 12 mana, provides a 150 THP shield and has a short cooldown.

For shield users:
    (Tier 1 US) Shield Prowess: +50% AC from shield
    (Tier 2 US) Legendary Shield: 15 PRR, 7% doublestrike

Defensive Twists:
    (Tier 1 PA) Ephemeral Evolution: +1 PRR when you take damage for 3 seconds, stacking up to +15 PRR. (If you're running a difficulty low enough + are tanky enough that you can take lots of hits and just heal through it).
    (Tier 1 Mag) Unearthly Reactions: +3% dodge, +6 Reflex, Can tumble through enemies. (Good if you need to shore up these stats or if you get caught in mobs and need an escape)
    (Tier 1 Drac) Energy Sheath: 50% asorbtion of 1 energy type you choose. (Situationally amazing)
    (Tier 1 Drac) Dragonhide: +3 AC, +6 Fortitude, Don't fail fortitude saves on a 1.
    (Tier 2 Shadow) Lithe: +6 AC, +6 Reflex
    (Tier 2 LD) Improved CE: +20 PRR (if you have CE active)

Aggressive Twists:
    (Tier 2 LD) Action Boost: Damage: Action boost for 30% damage.
    (Tier 3 Fury) Malicious Weapons: 9% chance of weapon effects on glancing blows. (Both 2handed weapon style and 1hand + shield can proc glancing blows if you're using a daxe)
    (Tier 3 Shadow) Grim Precision: Bypass 15% fortification and 3% dodge.
    (Tier 4 GM) Piercing Clarity: Bypass 10% fortification, your attacks have ghost touch and truesight. (But really you should have ghost touch/truesight on gear)
    (Tier 4 Fury) Wild Weapons: 9% glancing blow damage.
    (Tier 4 Fury) Sense Weakness: 30% damage to helpless targets + a small amount of bonus damage. (Your best damage twist if you have good ways to make them helpless.)

Hybrid Twists:
    (Tier 1 Fury) Primal Scream: grants +5 Str, +5 Con, -2 AC and allows rage stuff. 15 minutes/rest.
    (Tier 4 Fate) Echoes of the Ancestors(Primal): +1 Con, +25 HP, +3 Fortitude, Rage grants +1 strength and +3% chance of weapon effects on glancing blows. (A bit expensive, given the other stuff you can get with a tier 4 twist, but if you have a song and a rage and use a shield or a two handed weapon this might be worth it).
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress