Default Testing Rapid Shot with Repeating Heavy Crossbows. Yes, it works.

I decided to test what affect Rapid Shot had on Repeating Crossbows. The reason being, because It often felt like it didn't make any difference it all.

So, I slapped together a test character, and documented the results. As you can see, there is in fact a difference, albeit a small one.

That's all. I just thought other people would be interested in seeing for themselves.

EDIT
    Amount of time needed to fire 1000 bolts:

Without Rapid Shot - 8:20

With Rapid Shot - 7:45

EDIT
    BAB was 10 at level 14, and still 10 when I took level 15 as shown in the video, since I had 2 Rogue levels to begin with. So, that shouldn't have been affecting it.
    Last edited by Ryethiel; 06-28-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethieldus |||

That's good to know! Not sure it's worth using a feat on for my main. It's a tossup.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    That's good to know! Not sure it's worth using a feat on for my main. It's a tossup.
    +7% dps, I'll take that yes.

465 seconds vs 500 seconds.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I hate to say, but your attack speed also increases with Base Attack Bonus, so for a fair test you'd need a lvl 15 with Rapid Shot and a lvl 15 without it.

Assuming you're full Artificer (+4 conjured bolts) your BAB went from 10 to 11, and per MrCow's testing as part of Vanshilar's Attack Speed post your BAB increases your attack speed by roughly 2.9% between 10 and 11.

And Repeaters have weird attack speed anyway due to 3 shots per reload animation.

Admittedly that's smaller than the 7.5% gains shown, but it should be noted if you're looking for valid test results. Maybe try it again after retraining Rapid Shot away with a free swap from Fred?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I hate to say, but your attack speed also increases with Base Attack Bonus, so for a fair test you'd need a lvl 15 with Rapid Shot and a lvl 15 without it.

Assuming you're full Artificer (+4 conjured bolts) your BAB went from 10 to 11, and per MrCow's testing as part of Vanshilar's Attack Speed post your BAB increases your attack speed by roughly 2.9% between 10 and 11.

And Repeaters have weird attack speed anyway due to 3 shots per reload animation.

Admittedly that's smaller than the 7.5% gains shown, but it should be noted if you're looking for valid test results. Maybe try it again after retraining Rapid Shot away with a free swap from Fred?
    I showed in the video that I made sure the BAB didn't go up when I took 15.

BAB was 10 at level 14, and was still 10 when I took level 15. The reason it didn't go up, was because I had 2 Rogue levels to begin with, instead of just 15 Artificer levels.
    Last edited by Ryethiel; 06-28-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethieldus |||

6. 06-28-2017, 04:33 PM

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethiel View Post
    I showed in the video that I made sure the BAB didn't go up when I took 15.

BAB was 10 at level 14, and was still 10 when I took level 15. The reason it didn't go up, was because I had 2 Rogue levels to begin with, instead of just 15 Artificer levels.
    Sweet, I watched the beginning and then skipped a bunch and didn't see char sheet classes/BAB (and had sound off) but that's good.
    I just assumed full Arti because of the Conjure Bolts being +4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    BaB attack speed scaling varies by weapon as well, and on repeaters is very low.
    Relatively speaking a 7% gain is very low also, so any bit matters. If it's a 5% gain instead of a 7% gain, for instance, that could influence your decisions. Lucky for us, Ryethiel is ahead of me and kept BAB even.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.