Default Paladin of Aureon?

I have been looking at coming back, and going over all of the changes that have occurred. I am super happy that we have a real choice of deities now, even though with great restrictions and limitations! The ones that stick out the most are Helm, Sylvanus and Aureon, for me at least. While a PDK Helmite is super obvious, and Sylvanus Paladin wielding Epic Fury of the Flame is ironic and probably fairly deadly... the one I am most interested in (especially with Ravenloft apparently approaching) is a Staff-Wielding Paladin of Aureon (with the extra anti-undead ability). Has anyone figured out a good build for, perhaps, a Thief-Acrobat inspired Paladin of Aureon?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Apart from flavor, I don't really see much point, TBH. Holy Sword and Staff Specialization are redundant. Paladins don't get Child / Beloved of Aureon feats free like FvS does; but +5 dmg for two regular feats is a poor ROI, IMO. Plus Aureon's Instruction is clearly geared towards caster builds compared to the melee-centric deity abilities like Blessing of Silvanus or Onatar's Forge.

I mean I suppose you could just do rog 2 / pal 18 using staves; and my Hozoin-Kyuu is easily adapted for Aureon. But without the Aureon feats, you'd be better off with a different deity even if you planned to use staves.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

That sucks... ok, well, then, back to super-obvious: What about Bastard Sword PDK Helmite? Could use the fighter levels to pick up One With The Blade, Paladin to get the extra Helm-Worship bonuses, and grab Monk for GMoF? Or, is there a better way to do all of this? And, it has been a long time, so I don't know how things work with centering, using shields, etc. Or, would it be better to go SWF with a bastard sword? Think shields break centering, as does certain armors... I've been gone for way too long I think lol

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    Think shields break centering, as does certain armors...
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Centered

Ki weapons only (that's what One w/Blade is for), low encumbrance, and no armor, shields, orbs, or Runearms equipped.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.