Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terraism View Post
    Hey, Maetrim - do you prefer bug reports here or on the github page? Noticed that the Beloved Of feat is requiring Child of as a prereq, which is incorrect at this time.
    Either is ok, but they are slighly easier to track on an individual basis when reported by GitHub.

This shouldn't be happening - as I understand it, the application saves your layout into the file "DDOBuilder.ini" in the same directory you run it from. Check to make sure that you didn't extract it somewhere that doesn't have write access?

I will note, when you switch to a new version it can revert the UI (if you didn't use the same directory), but I never have any problems copying over that ini file and getting it back.
    Yup, the standard MFC code should be saving the layout to DDOBuilder.ini file. If its read only/or missing the access rights then the layout would reset every time the program is run.

There is a "known" issue in this area in that the stock MFC code does not quite restore windows to their exact locations on a new instance which I spent a long time trying to understand, but as the issue is right down in the core of the MFC code, I never quite found/understood what the solution needs to be.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulEagle View Post
    One other issue, though minor, and probably in the works... when working with gear, I want to add Treads of Falling Shadow. But, it will only populate it with the level 25 gear, even though I have and prefer to use the level 17 boots. Given that this tool is relatively easy to work with gear, this is already a big improvement from the other tools. So, I am in no hurry for this fix. Just want to let you know.
    The chances of gear below level 20 being added is very low. Currently I have to craft every item manually, and as this version of the planner is aimed at end game optimisation supporting gear below level 20 is not really appropriate. As a note, if you want to support custom gear, e.g. your Threads if Falling Shadow at level 17, you could copy the existing item file which will be in the Items folder, and then modify the copy with the parameters for the version you want. As long as the new item filename is unique it will persist on your local installation and be present even after upgrades.

I will say that version 2 which is under development is designed to allow planning and gearing of a character at a level of your choice, so in that version all gear versions will be required to be supported. But this version is a long way away even from an alpha release.

Community Member

Noticed that the Beloved Of feat is requiring Child of as a prereq, which is incorrect at this time.
    I will chekc this out also.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Hello there,

It comes without a dedicated installation program, so its an unzip job.
    You may need to install a 3rd party Microsoft package to get the software to run.
    Solution: Requires Visual C++ redistributable package 2010 for Windows (x86)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...3-37bf0912db84
    Getting 404 errors

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDoctor View Post
    Getting 404 errors
    Seems that it has been moved, a quick google produced the link of:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=5555

Community Member

Default Reincarnation

I have been fooling around with your program and it certainly has a lot.

In a few levels I will doing an epic reincarnation. I would like to be able to just select something from a drop down menu and have the program zero out the appropriate bits of info. I would like it to do this for all forms of reincarnation.

Also, the menu bar at the top. you need some kind of pop-up descriptor as I mouse over the different icons.

I have found two named items that are not in your database. I will post the details later.

You need a way to handle crafted and randomly generated items. It doesn't need to be a crafting planner just something where you can plug in the capabilities of the item.

Community Member

I have found that The epic destiny Shadowdancer only allows for 20 points when all other destinies allow for 24.

Also, The enhancement trees do not allow me to select the optional trees. No Harper, falconry, or vistani.

Community Member

I have been fooling around with your program and it certainly has a lot.

In a few levels I will doing an epic reincarnation. I would like to be able to just select something from a drop down menu and have the program zero out the appropriate bits of info. I would like it to do this for all forms of reincarnation.
    There is an option in the Edit menu called "Reset Build". This goes back to a new character while maintaining past lives. Is this what you need?

Also, the menu bar at the top. you need some kind of pop-up descriptor as I mouse over the different icons.
    The toolbar icons should already have popup tips.

I have found two named items that are not in your database. I will post the details later.
    Names of the items when you can please.

You need a way to handle crafted and randomly generated items. It doesn't need to be a crafting planner just something where you can plug in the capabilities of the item.
    Cannith crafted and random loot accessories (not weapons) already exist in the planner, but they are set at level 0, so will be at the bottom of the list for any given item selection.

Community Member

I have found that The epic destiny Shadowdancer only allows for 20 points when all other destinies allow for 24.
    Most probably an issue where you have not selected all six cores in the destiny. Each core trained (at 0 cost) awards 4 destiny points to spend in that destiny.

Also, The enhancement trees do not allow me to select the optional trees. No Harper, falconry, or vistani.
    Optional tree access is controlled by selection options in the Past Lives and Special Feats views in the Special and Favor sections.

Community Member

There is an option in the Edit menu called "Reset Build". This goes back to a new character while maintaining past lives. Is this what you need?
    yes thank you

The toolbar icons should already have popup tips.
    Not happening for me. I am on win 10 if that makes a difference.

Names of the items when you can please.
    Night Hag's Heartstone

I thought there was a second item but I may have been wrong.

Cannith crafted and random loot accessories (not weapons) already exist in the planner, but they are set at level 0, so will be at the bottom of the list for any given item selection.

Ah ok thank you.

Community Member

Most probably an issue where you have not selected all six cores in the destiny. Each core trained (at 0 cost) awards 4 destiny points to spend in that destiny.

Optional tree access is controlled by selection options in the Past Lives and Special Feats views in the Special and Favor sections.

Yes you are right on both counts. Thank you for your patience.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.100 Now Available

Woo! 100th build already. Mostly fixes for bits and pieces and some U46 Filigrees.

Fix: "Epic Precision Lenses" are now correctly called "Legendary Precision Lenses" (Reported by Laur)
    ---Incorrect melee alacrity value fixed
    ---Typo in description fixed
    Fix: "Cleric: Warpriest: Divine Might" and "KoTC: Divine Might" typos fixed
    Fix: "Cleric: Warpriest: Divine Might" and "KoTC: Divine Might" are now a Cha Mod/2 bonus to Attack, Damage and Tactical DCs (Reported by Aymerick55)
    Fix: "War Soul: Divine Might" and "War Soul: Divine Will" are now a Cha/Wis Mod/2 bonus to Attack, Damage and Tactical DCs (Reported by Aymerick55)
    ---Old hard coded Divine Might/Will/Presence C++ implementations removed
    Fix: Item "Legendary Solid Sound" augment upgrade is not correctly Quality Int/Wis/Chas (Reported by Aymerick55)
    Fix: New requirement flag "ListAtSameFeatLevel" added to allow "Insightful Courage/Fortitude" to be both listed as selectable at a level where one of them is already trained (Reported by Laur)
    Fix: Enhancement info tips will now show requirements met correctly for reaper tree items that have a min level > 20 requirement
    U45 Items:
    ---Epic Wrath of Siberys (Large Shield)
    ---Epic Black Lace Blindfold (Goggles)
    ---Epic Headman's Hood (Helmet)
    ---Epic Boneshard Flute (Club)
    ---Epic Devotion (Handwraps)
    ---Epic Serpentbranch (Longbow)
    ---Epic Switchblade Boots (Boots)
    ---Epic Iron Manacles (Bracers)
    ---Epic Sigil of Stormreach (Ring)
    ---Epic Trapsmith's Toolbelt (Belt)
    ---Epic Voice of the Master (Trinket)

Future Release Support.
    U46: New filigree sets have arrived:
    ---Bravery Throughout: PRR
    ---Bravery Throughout: Melee Threat
    ---Bravery Throughout: Extra Rage
    ---Bravery Throughout: Extra Action Boost
    ---Bravery Throughout: Intimidate
    ---Bravery Throughout: Constitution
    ---Bravery Throughout: Armor Class
    ---Dance of the Wind: Tumble
    ---Dance of the Wind: Attack and Damage
    ---Dance of the Wind: Dexterity
    ---Dance of the Wind: Trip DCs
    ---Dance of the Wind: Strength
    ---Dance of the Wind: Armor Class
    ---Dance of the Wind: PRR
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: Wisdom
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: Charisma
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: Spell Points
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: PRR
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: Force Spell Power
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: Intelligence
    ---Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment: 5% Force Absorption

Link in signature as per usual.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.101 Now Available

Fixes and some features requests in this one. The fact that feats are preserved where possible when changing class levels is really nice.

Fix: "Magister: Arcane Adept" now correctly costs 1AP (Reported by crcabanillas)
    Fix: "Magister: Arcane study I" now correctly awards 1 caster level (total 6) (Reported by Ntoukis)
    Fix: "Bombadier: Efficient Metamagics I/II" now correctly cost 2ap per tier (Reported by Gizmo0815)
    Fix: "Dragonborn: Dragon Heritage" now correctly requires "Dragon Breath" as a requirement (Reported by Gizmo0815)
    ---"Dragonborn: Dragon Breath" is now also shown with an up arrow
    Fix: "Vistani: Quick Reflexes" now has the correct name (Reported by PotniaPC)
    New: "Elite Spider Cult Mask" self buff option added for cosmetic helm with effects
    New: When changing class level assignments, trained feats will be moved appropriately where possible to preserve your selections (Requested by Laur)
    ---Pop up messages are not shown if all feat selections could be moved
    New: Right clicking a heroic class level item in the Class and feat views now shows a popup menu with options to swap class levels (Requested by Laur)
    ---How to guide updated
    Fix: The number of available skill points will now always update correctly on all changes
    Fix: The Swashbuckling stance should now correctly enable for thrown weapons (Reported by PotniaPC)
    Fix: "Purple Dragon Knight: Fighting Style" options "Ambidexterity" and "Great Weapon Aptitude" now have the correct AP costs (Reported by Kamdragon)
    Fix: "Knight of the Chalice: Divine Might" now correctly costs 1ap per tier (Reported by Kamdragon)

Link in the signature below.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.102 is now available

With the release of U46 yesterday, there was not much work required to bring the planner in line. In fact, there were no code changes at all. Some of the new U46 epic items are available, but as screenshots for all of these are not yet available, I have items only for those that are. Along with these there are a host of minor data fixes that have been recently reported.

Fix: "A Dance of Flowers" no longer requires the character to be Centered to be active (Reported by Seljuck)
    Fix: "The Reflection of Blackrazor" effects fixed (Reported by Seljuck)
    Fix: "Legendary Part of the Family" set now correctly has its missing 4th effect of Fortification Bypass for 3 items equipped (Reported by Seljuck)
    Fix: "Sacred Defender: Divine Revelation" now corretcly has 3 ranks with effects (Reported by Guntharm)
    Fix: Feat "Mental Toughness" is now correctly trainable by Sorcerers from level 1, not level 6 (Reported by Kiriitto)
    Fix: "Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage" no longer erroneously grants +4 charisma (Reported by cswob)
    ---Also fixed spell DC bonus to +3 from +4
    Fix: "Legendary Plasma Core" now correctly has Repair Amplification, not Healing Amplification (Reported by cswob)
    Fix: "The Legendary Mark IV" now correctly has Repair Amplification, not Healing Amplification (Reported by cswob)
    Fix: "Accelerate Spell" is now also classed as a standard feat, still also requires 8 levels of alchemist/artificer to train (Reported by cswob)
    Fix: "Legendary Shadow Sprinters" now correctly awards +4 to all saves, not +10 (Reported by Guntharm)
    Fix: "Magister: Master of Spell School" <School> option descriptions updated and now also include spell DC bonus (Reported by Ntoukis)
    ---Wiki also updated
    Fix: "Sacred Defender: Sacred Shield" tier 5 enhancement now correctly costs 2AP (Reported by Guntharm)
    Fix: Filigree "Melony's Melody: Charisma" now corretcly only grants 1 charisma, not 2 (Reported by Guntharm)
    U46 Items:
    ---Legendary Bottle of Shadows (Trinket)
    ---Legendary Book of Spirits (Trinket)
    ---Legendary Kinetic Sphere Orb (Orb)
    ---Gilded Gloves of Sanctity (Gloves - Minor Artifact)
    ---Legendary String of Ears (Necklace)
    ---Legendary Battleworn Medal (Trinket)
    ---Legendary Stone-forged Gauntlet (Gloves)
    ---Legendary Belt of Sure Strikes (Belt)
    ---Legendary Spectre Striker (Dart)
    ---Legendary Ring of Changes (Ring)
    ---Legendary Sickle of Vile Attunement (Sickle)

As per usual, link to the release in my signature.

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

The chances of gear below level 20 being added is very low. Currently I have to craft every item manually, and as this version of the planner is aimed at end game optimisation supporting gear below level 20 is not really appropriate. As a note, if you want to support custom gear, e.g. your Threads if Falling Shadow at level 17, you could copy the existing item file which will be in the Items folder, and then modify the copy with the parameters for the version you want. As long as the new item filename is unique it will persist on your local installation and be present even after upgrades.

I will say that version 2 which is under development is designed to allow planning and gearing of a character at a level of your choice, so in that version all gear versions will be required to be supported. But this version is a long way away even from an alpha release.
    Would it be possible to instead have an option to create gear yourself? Like have a drop down list of affixes and prefixes to choose from plus another for the number of the bonus? Then people could put together any level item. That seems like a lot less work that would also ensure that people could start planning with gear that hasn't been added in the planner yet because of an update.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    Would it be possible to instead have an option to create gear yourself? Like have a drop down list of affixes and prefixes to choose from plus another for the number of the bonus? Then people could put together any level item. That seems like a lot less work that would also ensure that people could start planning with gear that hasn't been added in the planner yet because of an update.
    I would have to write a tool to do this. Back when I first started to add items I looked into doing this, and couldn't see an easy UI way of doing this. It certainly is possible to do, but not something that would be available for quite a while.

I'll research it in my time off.

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

I would have to write a tool to do this. Back when I first started to add items I looked into doing this, and couldn't see an easy UI way of doing this. It certainly is possible to do, but not something that would be available for quite a while.

I'll research it in my time off.
    Fair enough! Wasn't sure how difficult it would be

Community Member

When I add 4 zephyr filigrees to a row, and then click the 5th empty slot it crashes the app every time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalak21 View Post
    When I add 4 zephyr filigrees to a row, and then click the 5th empty slot it crashes the app every time.
    I will check this one out ASAP. Just to clarify is it a particular Zephyr filigree or always the 5th one?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalak21 View Post
    On my home PC, I was able to create a new character and add all 9 Zephyr Filigrees to it. It looks like it may be something special about your build that could be the issue.
    I will PM you my email address, would you be able to send over the save file (.ddocp file) for the character at the point just before adding that 5th Filigree?

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast