Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.94 Now Available

Not so much in this one, and as I am now officially on holiday till next year, not much is likely to be going on in the development works either.
    But this version has two major fixes, one for the BAB in epic levels and one for a feat selection issue, which I have a fix for but have been unable to test in a live environment where the problem was being experienced so, I need feedback on whether its OK for that one.

Fix: Epic levels now grant 1 BAB for each odd Epic level, not 0.5 per Epic level (Reported by ValariusK)
    Fix: Drop list combos will no longer randomly automatically select the item under the cursor when first shown (Reported by Hobgoblin)
    Fix: Item "The Family's Blessing" now correct has Doublestrike, not Deception (Reported by aaron250)
    Fix: "The Lunar Eclipse" now correctly awards +5 Quality Constitution (Reported by kamdragon)

Link to release in my signature,
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

I'll grab the new version and test the drop down menu fix tomorrow. Also, I found an error in the Inquisitive tree (minor cost error). I'll post about that tomorrow, too. Thank you for the wonderful tool. I'm really liking it. I've found it very intuitive to use and easy to transition to from (Ron's) DDO Character Planner. Question, I modify my UI (turning off some windows, resizing others), is there a way to copy those settings from one version to another without having to redo those changes manually? Thanks.

ETA:
    Tested the new version. The feat selection menus on the Level Up tab are still auto-selecting feats. For me, at least, it's not a major issue as I do my feat selection on the Class and Levels tab and those work fine.

The Inquisitive error is the cost of Diplomatic Immunity. In the builder it costs 1 point but should be 2.

I figured out the UI settings. I noticed after I unpacked the new version that it lacked DDOBuilder.ini, so I made the assumption that that file stores UI settings and copied it over from the prior version.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Rauven; 12-14-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    Tested the new version. The feat selection menus on the Level Up tab are still auto-selecting feats. For me, at least, it's not a major issue as I do my feat selection on the Class and Levels tab and those work fine.
    I wouldn't have expected this to be fixed, I messed up on my release and included build 1.0.0.93 of the executable not 94. So the BAB and feat selection fixes are not present in the release you tested.

I will try and get an updated version of the executable out soon.

Community Member

Found a couple of minor fatesinger bugs. The cost of the metamagic attunements are both 1. Also, they don't require the feat that they emulate to work (which is huge because it saves you the feats).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    Found a couple of minor fatesinger bugs. The cost of the metamagic attunements are both 1. Also, they don't require the feat that they emulate to work (which is huge because it saves you the feats).
    Just compared this with the builder. This looks like something I fixed in 1.0.0.93, so is not present in the latest release.

Community Member

As a note, I have updated the download for release 1.0.0.94. It now contains the correct version of the executable, so the BAB and feat selection issues should now be working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    As a note, I have updated the download for release 1.0.0.94. It now contains the correct version of the executable, so the BAB and feat selection issues should now be working correctly.
    I downloaded version 0.94 to test the feat selection issue. Now, the feat selection menu does remain open when clicking on the drop down, but only the first time. If I select a feat then go back to change it the drop down goes back to the old behavior.

Hey, I was just using the character planner, and as I was filling out the magister tree, it said that a prerequisite for Arcane Tempest is Sigil of Battering Spellcraft. Figured this was a bug so I thought I'd post it here! Thanks.
    Sheikra - Completionist Wizard

Community Member

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for this excellent tool. Took me a bit of time to get my head around but now that i have I'm finding it quite comprehensive and easy to use. Thanks so much for your heroic effort here!

Community Member

I downloaded version 0.94 to test the feat selection issue. Now, the feat selection menu does remain open when clicking on the drop down, but only the first time. If I select a feat then go back to change it the drop down goes back to the old behavior.
    I will do more investigation into this from next week, as I do not currently have access to my development machine.
    I have some ideas as to the cause.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxcore View Post
    Hey, I was just using the character planner, and as I was filling out the magister tree, it said that a prerequisite for Arcane Tempest is Sigil of Battering Spellcraft. Figured this was a bug so I thought I'd post it here! Thanks.
    Thank you for this report, I will get it sorted for the next release.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for this excellent tool. Took me a bit of time to get my head around but now that i have I'm finding it quite comprehensive and easy to use. Thanks so much for your heroic effort here!
    Always nice to get good feedback. Thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy using it.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.95 Now Available

This release sees a few fixes and the introduction of the Alchemist class that was previewed on Lamannia over the last couple of days.
    Enjoy!

Fix: "Magister: Sigil of Battering Spellcraft" is no longer erroneously a requirement for "Magister: Arcane Tempest" (Reported by Maxxcore)
    New: New "Dodge Cap (Tower Shield)" added as child of dodge breakdown (same value as MDB due to tower shields)
    ---Dodge Cap renamed "Dodge Cap (Armor)"
    Fix: Forum export will now report dodge total correctly if capped by any source (Found in the "The Tank Aasimar 14-5-1" thread on forums)
    Fix: The method for drop list combo selection delay was reworked and the delay doubled from 0.25 to 0.5 seconds (Reported by Rauven)
    Fix: Item "The Lunar Eclipse" now has the correct base weapon damage bonus
    Fix: Two "Frenzied Beserker" tier 5 enhancements now have a missing requirement of 5 Barbarian levels (All other trees checked and ok)

Lamannia:
    New: New auto controlled stance "Thrownn weapon" enabled when any thrown weapon is equipped in main hand
    New: Caster levels added for "Ceruleite", "Crimsonite" and "Gildleaf"
    New: "Strikethrough" breakdown and effects added added
    New: Alchemist class added
    ---Apothecary Enhancement Tree
    ---Bombadier Enhancement Tree
    ---Vile Chemist Enhancement Tree
    ---Spell Page available with Stubs for all spells
    ---Caster level breakdowns not yet affected by destinies
    ---Feat "Past Life: Alchemist" added (not required for Completionist at this time)
    ---4 Hp / level, BAB 0.75
    ---Class skills: Balance*, Bluff, Concentration*, Diplomacy, Haggle, Heal*, Search, Spellcraft*, Spot*, Use Magic Device* (* priority for skill auto buy)
    ---New Feat type/grouping "Alchemist Bonus"
    ---Level? - Arcane Lore (Every level of Alchemist)
    ---Level1 - Dismiss Charm, All Simple Weapon Proficencies, Magical Training
    ---Level2 - Insightful Reflexes
    ---Level3 - Alchemy on the Run
    ---Level4 - Alchemist Bonus Feat
    ---Level6 - Multitude of Missiles
    ---Level7 - Poisonblood
    ---Level8 - Alchemist Bonus Feat
    ---Level12 - Alchemist Bonus Feat
    ---Level16 - Alchemist Bonus Feat
    ---Level20 - Alchemist Bonus Feat

Link to the release in my signature

Just tried out the new build and the menus are working great.

Community Member

Just tried out the new build and the menus are working great.
    Good to know its finally fixed for that.

Community Member

Just downloaded the planner, and it works great. Though when recreating my character just to see what would happen I found a few misprints

-Clouded Dreams is giving a +5% bonus to spell points instead of a 5% penalty
    -Energy Vortex costs 2DP in planner when its 1 in live
    -Go Out With a bang, Energy Burst, and Energy Vortex don't have multiselectors
    -Legendary Blessed Vestments MDB is 10, not 12
    -Legendary Blessed Vestments is also giving me an extra 15 AC as an enhancement bonus for some reason (At least i think this is the issue with my AC)

There were a couple other things that were only slightly off, but I don't know why since there could be a bunch of reasons. But for the amount of stuff in this planner, I was surprised at how accurate this was. Nice job

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaWiner View Post
    Just downloaded the planner, and it works great. Though when recreating my character just to see what would happen I found a few misprints

-Legendary Blessed Vestments is also giving me an extra 15 AC as an enhancement bonus for some reason (At least i think this is the issue with my AC)

There were a couple other things that were only slightly off, but I don't know why since there could be a bunch of reasons. But for the amount of stuff in this planner, I was surprised at how accurate this was. Nice job
    Yup, the amount of data needed is the planners biggest bugbear, and I do not get much in the way of chance to test it as it is entered. I rely a lot on the community for this step.

Thank you for this list of issues, which I will address for the next release.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaWiner View Post

I looked up the item on the wiki. The MDB is listed as 19 not 10, I have fixed this to 19 from the 12 I had. I am assuming it was a typo from you for the value of 10.
    The image shows that the item has a +15 enhancement bonus to AC, so the extra AC issue appears to WAI. As a note a different armor (Legendary Wildcard) set also showed this but I was informed that the item did not give the actual bonus to AC. I am assuming this item has the same issue.

I will raise a question on Lynabelles bug thread about these 2 items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I looked up the item on the wiki. The MDB is listed as 19 not 10, I have fixed this to 19 from the 12 I had. I am assuming it was a typo from you for the value of 10.
    The image shows that the item has a +15 enhancement bonus to AC, so the extra AC issue appears to WAI. As a note a different armor (Legendary Wildcard) set also showed this but I was informed that the item did not give the actual bonus to AC. I am assuming this item has the same issue.

I will raise a question on Lynabelles bug thread about these 2 items.
    The MDB for the vestments is 10. You looked at the image for MDB on the wiki which is inaccurate most of the time. You have to look at the list on the left instead where the location of the item is and so forth. And for the extra AC, I think the issue is that the AC of the armor counts the enhancement bonus of the armor, but in the planner they are counted as being separate. So basically the enhancement bonus is being added twice in the planner

Community Member

Thumbs up Enhancements

I just downloaded this yesterday and have been using it. Once to plan out a DC Favored soul. Now I am "copying" my existing character into it to check how it all pans out. This character is a Drow Elf Ranger, with splashes in Arcane Archer, Deepwood Stalker and Harper trees. How do I get the harper tree to be selectable? The drop down shows "No Selection".

BTW love using this Builder so far!

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast