Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Hey Lynnabel - please fix!

Here is a thread where you can all list the stuff you would like Lynnabel to fix, since she requested, um, requests.

To start off:

Please make the collectable spots in Search and Rescue actually give collectables.

Thank you!
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana (currently a caster bard)
    My alts are put out to pasture
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

some stuff from a thread I started building last year... a few things are dated, but still lots of relevant issues..

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Thing-Thread
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

<banging on again>I'd *love* Spring's Resurgence looked at / fixed.

Thanks Lynnabel ! Love your work :-)

And thanks Grace_ana for starting this thread.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Here is a thread where you can all list the stuff you would like Lynnabel to fix, since she requested, um, requests.

To start off:

Please make the collectable spots in Search and Rescue actually give collectables.

Thank you!
    oh no it's a rabbit hole

So Kintani and I spent a long time a week ago playing around with that quest. I've verified that they should work, made sure they weren't under geometry, moved stuff around, and... nothing. I don't know. I legitimately do not know. It's the same mushroom or shelf or whatever that's in hundreds of places, it's not incorrectly attached to some random scripting. He had to head back and work on his dungeon for U36 and I messed around a little more with it, but... gah. It's impossible. The quest is haunted. If I get more time before U36 I'll take a look, but last time I poked my head in Search and Rescue on /dev/ (I was turning all the one-way-portals around so they work in the right direction) it was still broken.

Don't tell anyone but I can't fix everything :<
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    *gasp* <World Comes Crashing Down>

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle69 View Post
    *gasp* <World Comes Crashing Down>
    Yeah, I know, right? I spend most of my time trying to learn everything I can from Steelstar and Nohbob, but they're basically DDO wizards and I'm still pretty limited in my skillset. As the summer goes on I'll get faster at this stuff, but for right now, the things I'm best at are changing text around (NPC or otherwise - if it's written, I can fix it), changing icons for enhancements, and helping persuade the forums that everything is okay :P

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

oh no it's a rabbit hole

So Kintani and I spent a long time a week ago playing around with that quest. I've verified that they should work, made sure they weren't under geometry, moved stuff around, and... nothing. I don't know. I legitimately do not know. It's the same mushroom or shelf or whatever that's in hundreds of places, it's not incorrectly attached to some random scripting. He had to head back and work on his dungeon for U36 and I messed around a little more with it, but... gah. It's impossible. The quest is haunted. If I get more time before U36 I'll take a look, but last time I poked my head in Search and Rescue on /dev/ (I was turning all the one-way-portals around so they work in the right direction) it was still broken.

Not sure if this will help, but there are some collectible nodes which work in there and I believe they are all cabinets.

Glad to see it was at least looked at.
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

Community Member

oh no it's a rabbit hole

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If it turns out that it actually can't be fixed, I wonder if we could get a collectible chest?
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana (currently a caster bard)
    My alts are put out to pasture
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If it turns out that it actually can't be fixed, I wonder if we could get a collectible chest?
    To make matters even more befuddling, they all work in the drow optional rooms.

I'll probably figure something out, but no promises - and I mean it. 0 promises. I don't want to get your hopes up at all. 0% hopes. No hopes whatsoever.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Well Lynnabel, 1st off, thanks for taking at task a lot of the fixes that the player base has been vocal *and helpful* about reporting and trying workarounds. Even if the Gros Fromage gave you the work load, I wanted to say thanks for posting.

As for your statement,......*ahem*........ only ONE dev ever said the contrary on these boards. And soon there-after, that situation was amended.

OMG!!! I can't believe I just posted that.
    Hehe, I made it, so I guess I have that right.

Lagspikes in Thunderholme
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Lagspikes in Thunderholme
    Thunderholme's performance issues are caused by the same effects that cause lag in other places. Thunderholme being such a large space just makes them worse. As we work hard to improve the performance of DDO (usually at the bottom of every patch note there's a line about "stacking effects" etc), Thunderholme will gradually get better

not your expertise, I know but what the heck:
    Customer Service
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Cannith Crating bug: Ignoring min lvl shard for handwraps. Could be connected to very old (metal) handwraps. Just a guess but since we can't distinguish old and new handwraps it sucks.

Thunderholme's performance issues are caused by the same effects that cause lag in other places. Thunderholme being such a large space just makes them worse. As we work hard to improve the performance of DDO (usually at the bottom of every patch note there's a line about "stacking effects" etc), Thunderholme will gradually get better

That was fast Hope the improvement will be experienced some time soon.

oh no it's a rabbit hole

Move the collectable to an all together new spot?

Yeah, I know, right? I spend most of my time trying to learn everything I can from Steelstar and Nohbob, but they're basically DDO wizards and I'm still pretty limited in my skillset. As the summer goes on I'll get faster at this stuff, but for right now, the things I'm best at are changing text around (NPC or otherwise - if it's written, I can fix it), changing icons for enhancements, and helping persuade the forums that everything is okay :P
    Fair. Ok, any chance of DC in the Paralyzing Arrows tooltip ? <grin>

Hey Lynn, i got a good 30-minute-project for you. Could you make an UI option similar to Show/Hide guildie log-ons in the guild chat? Except instead its Show/Hide the guild renown you get for killing mobs. It's super invasive and makes it impossible to keep up with guild chat and log ons.

Preferably have it default to Off for everyone. Or just remove it completly, i doubt anyone care about this information. There is already a pop up message on screen when you earn renown so no information is lost to the player.

If a player would spam the guild chat in the same way that these guild renown messages do, s/he'd get squelched and booted from most guilds... Pet peeve of mine :P

Default Wrong image for crafting receipe

I went back thru all the recipes and looked for icons that was different between Recipe and ingredients loaded in, luckily only the bound shard device had some (total 17) and the unbound had no errors. Have fun with them.
    Last edited by Mornyngstar; 06-05-2017 at 11:11 AM.

can you put a dc on confuse for warlocks?

Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast