Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1124
    Community Member

Oooh, ooh, ooh... just thought of one!

Lynn, before you are back off to school could you pretty please put a "finish" button a la the big red button in Ninja Warrior behind the last door in the Rushmore Mansion challenges? Finishing the run and then sitting around for 15min is stupid annoying.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith / Orien

Quote Originally Posted by calouscaine View Post
    With all that taken into account, that basically means that the loot boost items for sale in the ddo store are more or less useless.
    now you are getting it..

Its a rip off line of store product sales that doesn't actually boost anything worthwhile, it just boosts random junk..
    and even that boosted random junk doesn't realistically compare to Cannith Crafting...

just a waste of your money and time... its almost criminal...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 08-23-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

The Fatal Harrier enhancement from Druid - Nature's Warrior tree is bugged, the stacking effect does not work according to the description.
    The first rank allows you to stack it up to 5 times = +25% atk speed. Basically rank 2 and rank 3 of this enhancement are useless.

Since my thread doesn't get any reply, I'll quote myself here:

Can we take a look at Tower of frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    For comparison and clarity:

This is the CR of the Orcs in Tower of Frost on R1. Reminder: Tower of Frost is a Lv28 quest on Normal:

This is the CR of mobs in Newcomers on R1, a Lv31 quest on Normal:

This is the CR of mobs in Riding the Storm Out on R1, a Lv32 Raid on Normal:

(Note the 1.6M hp lol)

Can we acknowledge that this quest needs some serious love?

- It has 9 levels with 2 shrines placed badly.
    - The CR and the Saves of the mobs is broken.
    - Still alert and aggro problems in: Kitchen, Garden, and especially Illusonarium.
    - XP and RXP are still minimal.
    Mostly curious about CR of mobs, since I'm not sure if Lynn can look/fix the other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Default Hag monster where?

I have checked all three places where Wiki says the hag monster is supposed too be listed. I can not find the monster in any place in the monster manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Since my thread doesn't get any reply, I'll quote myself here:

Can we take a look at Tower of frost?

Mostly curious about CR of mobs, since I'm not sure if Lynn can look/fix the other things.
    The Dragon in Riding the Storm on Legendary Normal..
    That's quite the meatsack of HP for CR35 ,and his HP don't fit in the box...

Last edited by JOTMON; 08-24-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Brandwynn View Post
    I have checked all three places where Wiki says the hag monster is supposed too be listed. I can not find the monster in any place in the monster manuals.
    Hags aren't in the monster manual yet. What wiki page is making you think they are?

The Shiradi T1 - Stay Frosty ability seems to not be working at all. I tested this on countless trash mobs and bosses and it doesn't show anything.
    I can see the cold damage proccing but there is no indication of slow and nothing when I examine the targeted enemy.

more stuff to fix incoming!

Barbarian - Ravager tree - Dismember: states no durations on the debuffs, according to my tests it's 5 seconds for each debuff I also updated the wiki.
    Perhaps we can get an updated description?

Mantle of the Icy Soul - lvl 9 Druid spell: this also seems to affect bosses which is fine with me and appears as a Debuff on bosses when you examine them. The only issue is that it states "a -5% penalty to attack speed" both when applied on bosses and on trash mobs under the Examine section, whereas the spell Description states: "a -10% penalty to attack speed"

Community Member

plz fix "immunity to slippery surfaces"

on the epic rock boots i noticed when i have those boots equipped i cannot have freedom of movement spell cast on me

also if i unequip rock boots and i get freedom of movement spell, the moment i reequip them i lose the freedom of movement effect... if i unequop them again i gain back the freedom of movement effect.

---------------ù
    as a fix plz make immunity to slippery surfaces not inhibit freedom of movement... or change immunity to slippery surfaces to freedom of movement.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    plz fix "immunity to slippery surfaces"

on the epic rock boots i noticed when i have those boots equipped i cannot have freedom of movement spell cast on me

also if i unequip rock boots and i get freedom of movement spell, the moment i reequip them i lose the freedom of movement effect... if i unequop them again i gain back the freedom of movement effect.

---------------ù
    as a fix plz make immunity to slippery surfaces not inhibit freedom of movement... or change immunity to slippery surfaces to freedom of movement.
    As far as I've been able to tell, this is just a display issue. You actually have the FoM (when it's cast), it's just not showing. But it should still be preventing you from being held and such. There's a similar effect in Grandmaster of Flowers that has the same effect.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    That was deliberate

Kensai allows a fighter to designate their focus weapon as a centering monk weapon. Furthermore, Kensai synergizes well with the Bard tree Swashbuckler. Monks wear robes/clothing and swashbucklers wear light armor

While i certainly consent to your point on this, I do have to iterate that Kensai were heavy or medium armor wearers. They didn't go out to battle like archers in leather armors, or ninja's in cloth. Thus is makes little sense so far as being in the kensai tree itself. If you guys developed an actual ninja tree it might make a little more sense.
    I might recommend a little study into the cultures of the oriental for this base matter, it's even covered in the old d&d books. . .speaking of which, yeah, I know the coding is old or what not, but there is a great deal which should be addressed so far as the game goes as far as d&d is concerned.
    Familiars
    Druid shape changers
    Sorc familiars
    Pale masters death touch
    More races/classes
    More monsters from common lore (goblins for one)

There is a long list, which I would hope you guys are trying to get to.
    And I am certain that rewriting code is a long and pain staking process, I am well aware of it from rewriting nwn code back in the day and correcting many issues and adding new features. But still, things really need to be reworked from the ground up.

Adding more to reincarnation and fixing the issue with peoples stuff vanishing(though I am pretty certain this issue stems from people trying to do multiple with out logging out for a moment or two, completely).
    Ie, 36 stat point build being max for say 6+ reincarnations. There should be a progressive increase till at least 40.
    Level limits should be increased. (though with your current system diverting from traditional d&d this may be a problem)
    Had the class progression continued through till 30 as per standard d&d there would be less issues, and then 30-40 add in the epic trees, and then dietetic trees from 40-60, then it would have went more smoothly with more options to end game quests. Of course, this is still slightly limiting.
    The most ideal option would be to go with a d&d system which would work with an end game at level 99 or 100, with reincarnations continuously adding to stats /skills/ hp/ mrr/prr / or hp with increasing difficulty. If you need some sort of working example I might suggest the mmo mabinogi. It's pretty well tailored to such things with out the idea of power creep as I understand it.

On another note, there are five dots per heroic level, there should be five points in enhancements per level or the fifth point should be removed since you don't honestly advance or learn anything with that last bit. It's an annoying trifle which just seems aggravating. Yes there is the whole "power creep" argument, but upon some testing a multi classed char using more than three or four trees begins to have some errors. Ie, some enchantments stop working or stacking. This either needs to be fixed or there need to be more points to allocate into different sections to compensate.
    Granted a great deal of people seem to want to go pure builds, but not everyone does. This is mainly in part because 99% of the quests about in heroic need a rogueish person to gain maximum xp for a quest or to even survive. This is an oversight which honestly needs to be fixed. Not every quest out there needs a multitude of traps in it, nor does it make sense for them to have them.
    Straight up melee or ranged chars or caster chars should be required to have to know how to deal with traps just to deal with quests. This should not be a standard.
    Obviously you want people to party up, but there is an issue there. Quests change with parties, they grow in difficulty to an absurd level. Especially on first life characters. After a few reincarnations its not so much of an issue, but if you are trying to bring in new people to play then the playing field is a bit inhospitable.

I think you guys should try to take in a more longer term vision for the game. There are after all constant progressions in graphics and more. Of course, the whole system needs to be updated to remove the lag issues which I am sure everyone is experiencing lately. It's not really a game issue, but a coding issue on that end. It might take two or three months, but I am fairly certain that all of the coding could be looked through and cleaned up/fixed, and then things would run more smoothly. It's just like a core overhaul. ..a major update to be sure, but it would be something everyone would be grateful for.

I honestly hope you guys hold more true when adding in ravenloft, and add in vistani as a race which is should be and not some random knife thrower tree which is an insult to say the least to the setting.
    Vistani were mystics, fortunetellers, and more. Not just some carny knife throwers.
    They were the only race which could travel the mists with out much issue.
    If you are going to reduce them to some pitiful knife throwers then it would be the most insulting thing ever imaginable for that setting.

On an ending note, if you guys need help you have a whole community to ask, ask us. . .if there are things that have you stumped, ask us. . .I am more than certain that I am not the only coder about willing to help.

Community Member

Cosmetics of weapons that you lose at the end of the quest don't work.

Could you please change things so they do work (and you don't lose the cosmetics at the end of the quest)?

Also, the light trail from the Essence of the Silver Flame, and similar from the Sun Flask look really cool. Could you add the light trails to the store as cosmetics that add to any weapon? I'd buy several.
    Last edited by GeoffWatson; 08-25-2017 at 04:07 AM.

Community Member

can you add 20 extra racial points for every character, first lifers included ?

every level is 5 dots and 4 action points
    it could be modified to 5 dots and 4 action points + 1 racial point

if it is hard to implement that way, it could be 20 racial points for every character at start...

it would help making each race more unique, as usually people rarely put the action points into the racial trees and prefer to spend them into class trees.

Community Member

For the Monster Manual, add Account-wide Hunter deeds.
    It's not worth tracking down every rare monster if you lose them when you TR, but if they were account-based that might make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by calouscaine View Post
    On another note, there are five dots per heroic level, there should be five points in enhancements per level or the fifth point should be removed since you don't honestly advance or learn anything with that last bit. It's an annoying trifle which just seems aggravating.
    The Fifth dot is the indicator for the level, which is nice to have particularly if you are banking the level, so yes you do advance and learn stuff with it, please leave it alone.

I have been annoying my duo partner by stopping after every quest and bug reporting the missing 'kill X' optionals.

hi.

plz implement a safeguard check that makes sure that damage over time effects have been properly removed on the client side after their intended duration has expired.

just ran proof is in the poison for favor and some minor xp to cap out before taking level 7 while having some minor packets loss in the 0.0 to 0.3% range. not sure if from an acid raid by caster, one of the traps or one of the pools, it doesnt rly matter which one anyways, but i got one of those persisting dot effects. so ran 2/3s of the quest with 35-45 acid damge ticking in every 4 or so seconds.
    on a multilife toon running elite @ level zerg with full ship resists this barely tickles and all but made me chug some dozen or so csw pots more.

however to new players **** like this happening is quest breaking. its also not fun on challenging reaper runs or with more severe spells such as cloudkill in higher level content.

stuff like this, when it happens, persists through shrining, persists through die and raise, persists through reapplying the same kind of dot from a mob on purpose without getting overwritten with a properly timed one and can only be fixed by relogging. which would make me speculate that the server client communication is as easy as this:

1) server: mob/world applies DOT
    2) tells client to display the dot and apply effects
    3) server counts down duration
    4) server sends ONE command to client to cease the DOT when the timer runs out.

now, if at that point of the cease command you have a minor connection hitch or packet loss, you get screwed. cause the server thinks its gone, while in truth client side it is not.

so plz, add:

5) server: a few seconds after a cease DOT effect has been sent to client, ASK the client, DID you indeed terminate that DOT
    6) if not, resend the cease the DOT order.

repeat this step a second time for good measure.

thank you.
    Last edited by Eryhn; 08-25-2017 at 08:49 AM.

assassin faster sneaking tops at 50%, not 75% as claimed.

PLEASE fix this--the prestige & stealrh have taken a hit lately and adjusting the code will be a big bone to toss to us.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    hi.

plz implement a safeguard check that makes sure that damage over time effects have been properly removed on the client side after their intended duration has expired.

just ran proof is in the poison for favor and some minor xp to cap out before taking level 7 while having some minor packets loss in the 0.0 to 0.3% range. not sure if from an acid raid by caster, one of the traps or one of the pools, it doesnt rly matter which one anyways, but i got one of those persisting dot effects. so ran 2/3s of the quest with 35-45 acid damge ticking in every 4 or so seconds.
    on a multilife toon running elite @ level zerg with full ship resists this barely tickles and all but made me chug some dozen or so csw pots more.

however to new players **** like this happening is quest breaking. its also not fun on challenging reaper runs or with more severe spells such as cloudkill in higher level content.

stuff like this, when it happens, persists through shrining, persists through die and raise, persists through reapplying the same kind of dot from a mob on purpose without getting overwritten with a properly timed one and can only be fixed by relogging. which would make me speculate that the server client communication is as easy as this:

1) server: mob/world applies DOT
    2) tells client to display the dot and apply effects
    3) server counts down duration
    4) server sends ONE command to client to cease the DOT when the timer runs out.

now, if at that point of the cease command you have a minor connection hitch or packet loss, you get screwed. cause the server thinks its gone, while in truth client side it is not.

so plz, add:

5) server: a few seconds after a cease DOT effect has been sent to client, ASK the client, DID you indeed terminate that DOT
    6) if not, resend the cease the DOT order.

repeat this step a second time for good measure.

thank you.
    This is a problem with volume triggers, not with damage over time.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657 LastLast