Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Paladins have no or very little sustainable DPS.

In epic and Legendary content the damage output falls off considerably.
    (Please don't tell me about any destiny. That's NOT what I posting about.)

PLEASE allow HS to apply to shields. And give back the holy burst.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

yea honestly holy sword really does need to be fixed again.

this is long overdue.

it needs to stop applying to things that are not swords. fkin ssg. what a turbine.
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

Community Member

Im a bit tired of peeps doing high dmg with shield and swords, ect suffer. There is no logic to this that makes any sense.

Very simply put SSG, Pally's have always had a HUGE point issue. As you tweak other classes, this gets put farther and farther back on the agenda.

At what point are you willing to shun the small % of players NOT playing an OP caster?

Ive been on the test server, Ive seen the fix to part of the tactical issue of DC's not applying. And it is far short of the mark for what certain builds need.

Add shield to Holy Sword. Add the Holy Burst. And the + 2 crit multiplier.

Not a big issue? Player retention is.

Ferd, I provided to you exactly what Holy Sword used to be before the "huge nerf" - it never applied x2 crit multiplier or range, unless you count the nerf Improved Critical feats that used to double all crit range increases, but that nerf affected everyone. What you're talking about is just a flat out massive buff.

As for the Holy Sword "gate", almost all classes crit range/damage increase (except Bard swash and a Kensai 3rd core) is either gated behind a Tier 5 enhancement, which requires level 12, or their 18/20 cores, which is even higher. Level 14 isn't a huge step from 12, and Holy Sword applies to any weapon, where as everyone else's has limitations. Holy Sword is NOT weak. Though it also making your weapons "good" aligned I think would be an acceptable buff to it - it does not need to go as far as adding Holy Burst. Adding Holy Burst damage would not really help your S&B or THF Pally much as non-scaling 2d6 on relatively slow attacks does little - it would really help the Monkcher 14/6 split as rapid attacks from shuri/arrow spam is where proc damage actually shines, and they don't need the help.

And once again, if they allow Holy Sword to apply and stack with the crit multiplier and range Vanguards already get on their shields, it would put them bounds ahead of Fighter Vanguard, and simply make Pally the only way to play Vanguard... especially considering Paladins already get a huge advantage in Reaper with their Lay on Hands.

I'm not saying Pally can't afford some minor adjustments. While they got their pass, and a bit more of a buff with the Diety pass, they still fell slightly behind in all the other passes. But the changes are not really needed to Holy Sword - adding more Melee Power to Knight of the Chalice, making Divine Might 1ap per tier instead of 2, same to their action boosts, a boost to Eternal Defender (more on the level of Stalward capstone, and MRR/PRR to compete against fighter defensive feats), etc... those are the kind of changes Pally needs.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post

And once again, if they allow Holy Sword to apply and stack with the crit multiplier and range Vanguards already get on their shields, it would put them bounds ahead of Fighter Vanguard, and simply make Pally the only way to play Vanguard... especially considering Paladins already get a huge advantage in Reaper with their Lay on Hands.

I'm not saying Pally can't afford some minor adjustments. While they got their pass, and a bit more of a buff with the Diety pass, they still fell slightly behind in all the other passes. But the changes are not really needed to Holy Sword - adding more Melee Power to Knight of the Chalice, making Divine Might 1ap per tier instead of 2, same to their action boosts, a boost to Eternal Defender (more on the level of Stalward capstone, and MRR/PRR to compete against fighter defensive feats), etc... those are the kind of changes Pally needs.
    Thanks for a goos post. Im trying NOT to take the fighter splash. BUT, as the character planner has me taking the 2 levels to get the extra bump, Im still hanging on to the hope that my call for Pally is answered.

As Ive stated in other threads, the sustainable DPS for pally needs improving, As per the enhancement tree. The class is so close to being the true powerhouse it should be. And adding shield to HS is my biggest wish for the class. and Vanguard.

PS, ask for everything, and IF we get something, then we've won DDO.

I'd like to point out, Im asking this because of wanting to run a pure Paladin.

To accomplish what Im looking for, is to go deep into fighter levels. Too deep.
    I shouldn't HAVE to multi-class to have a similar (no way should the pally have as much as same lvl ftr) damage output vs a pure fighter, or any combo of the 2 classes.

Holy Sword is indigenous to Paladin, and it is how the pure class build can maintain a small edge to be competitive in today's game. Im not talking about what was considered OP, when the Pally pass was made. Just a bump here and there.
    Last edited by ferd; 07-10-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12