Default High Lords will host Thunder Peak and Deathwyrm teaching raids on Saturday, May 27

Our last teaching raid was an interesting short handed experience in heroic Abbot, where we discussed how small guilds can practice and master this technically challenging raid. You can read about it and watch the live stream here.

There are lots of DDO'ers out there that don't raid for a variety of reasons. Some are new, some are shy, some had bad experiences with pug raids and some feel like their gear or skills aren't good enough. There are even a lot of long time veteran players that don't raid. Over the years we've had lots of folks in our teaching raids who fall into all these categories. Whether you're brand new to DDO or been playing since beta and know the game well but just never got into raiding, our teaching raids are a great place to learn.

Next in our teaching raid series will be a double feature in Thunderholme with Fire on Thunder Peak and Temple of the Deathwyrm on Saturday, May 27 at 9pm EST!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to the raiding scene or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Dbags not welcome. Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids, and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids.

If you are new to FTP and TOTD, you will need to flag by slaying two red named bosses in The Ruins of Thunderholme wilderness area. You will need to have access to the Shadow Under Thunderholme adventure pack. Slaying Dagan The Death Knight will flag you for FTP and slaying Sarva Ballistrae The Cult of the Dragon Emissary will flag you for TOTD.

Dagan and Sarva are a little tougher than ordinary slayer zone bosses but are both soloable. You can find a map with pathways to these bosses at the above Ruins of Thunderholme link, or you can check out my video How to Get to and Flag for Fire on Thunder Peak and Temple of the Deathwyrm Raids.

You will find the entrance to the ruins through The Thunder Peaks public zone, which is accessible across the bridge in northeast Eveningstar. Before heading into the slayer zone, talk to the 2 NPC quest givers in Thunder Peaks, then talk to them again after defeating the bosses and they will grant you the raids.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game on Gingerspyce.
    This event will be live streamed on my Youtube channel.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast and DDO Chronicle for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

PS. Check out the entire collection of our teaching raid videos in the Guides & Strategies forum HERE!

Community Member

Have fun, this is one my Warlock is not flagged for yet as I haven't seen any of the slayer groups I normally join to get credit for the pre reqs.

Still space available for tomorrow's Thunderholme teaching raids. Contact me in game on Gingerspyce to sign up

We had 3 people signed up and picked up pug to join us as well, which included 2 first timers and 2 that had only done the raids once or twice and were still learning them. We just did Temple of the Deathwyrm on epic normal so that we could focus on raid mechanics and not stress about other things. We stepped it up a notch for Fire on Thunder Peak and did epic hard. You can watch the live stream below...

Sadly, the audio in the live stream is poor, it sounds like my microphone connection was loose.

If the audio is too bothersome but you want to learn how the raid works, you can check out the Temple of the Deathwyrm and Fire on Thunder Peak teaching raid live stream we did in February here.