Default High Lords will host Abbot teaching raid on Saturday, May 20 at 9pm EST

Our last teaching raid Caught in the Web had a great turnout and a lot of first timers! You can read about it and watch the live stream here.

The next raid in our series will be my favorite raid heroic Abbot (aka Accursed Ascension) on Saturday, May 20 at 9pm EST! Note that there will not be a teaching raid on Saturday, May 13.

All events in this series are for players new(er) to the raiding scene or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Dbags not welcome. Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids.

If you are new to Abbot, you will need to have access to the Necropolis Part 4 adventure pack.

Flagging for abbot starts with collecting the 8 sigil pieces to complete your sigil of the abbot. Once you've completed your sigil, turn it into the NPC that gives the sigil frame, Sir Rohine in upper Necropolis, and he will grant the quest Litany of the Dead. Sigil pieces are most efficiently acquired from chests in the 4 heroic Orchard of the Macabre quests (Fleshmaker's Laboratory, Ghosts of Perdition, Inferno of the Damned and Desecrated Temple of Vol) but can also drop in rare chests in the orchard (heroic slayer instance only). Any sigil piece can drop from any chest in heroic orchard quests or rare chests, however sigil pieces 1-4 commonly drop in specific orchard quests, while pieces 5-8 are random. See Litany link above for more on sigil piece locations. Note that it is not necessary to run orchard quests to flag for Litany, as long as you have a completed sigil. You can also carry extra sigil pieces over to your next life.

Inferno of the Damned can be confusing for new players and Flesh Maker's Laboratory can be challenging to solo. If you are new to Necro 4, you may find some of my videos helpful:

How to Solo Elite Flesh Maker's Laboratory

How to Solo Elite Inferno of the Damned
    Solo Elite Ghosts of Perdition
    Solo Elite Desecrated Temple of Vol
    A Tour of the Orchard of the Macabre (heroic)

Once you are flagged for Litany, you will need to complete the quest 4 times to kill each of the 4 bosses. Halfway through the quest, you will encounter a black dragon that will ask you a series of questions. Your answers will determine which boss you face. Answers for these questions, as well as solvers for many DDO puzzles can be found at cubicleninja.com. Be careful to answer correctly, you cannot restart the questions and if you answer incorrectly, the dragon will instakill you. After killing each boss there is an exit beyond the boss chest that you need to exit through, which will take you to the top of the tower outside of the orchard quest corresponding to the boss you killed. There are 4 crystals that need to be destroyed to complete the flagging for that boss. Do not destroy these crystals until all members of your party are present. Party members not present when the crystals are destroyed will not get credit for that boss. Then re-enter litany and do the same for the remaining bosses. Once you have killed all 4 Litany bosses, Sir Rohine will bestow the raid.

If you are new to Litany of the Dead, you may find my video helpful:

Solo Elite Litany of the Dead (has all 4 boss parts linked at the end of the video)
    Litany of the Dead Bosses part 1: High Priest of Vol
    Litany of the Dead Bosses part 2: Mentau the Fleshmaker
    Litany of the Dead Bosses part 3: Cinnis the Cinderspawn
    Litany of the Dead Bosses part 4: Cholthulzz the Doomsphere

Abbot flagging requires perhaps more commitment than any other raid but the loot in the raid is among the best in the game, including Quiver of Alacrity, Litany of the Dead (a trinket with the same name as the quest), Unwavering Ardency, Vile Blasphemy and more! The Litany boss chests also contain some very nice rare items.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! I will be out of game until the day of the raid, so if you would like to reserve a space in next Saturday's event, please send a mail to Gingerspyce.

This event will be live streamed on my Youtube channel.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast and DDO Chronicle for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

Still space in Tomorrow's Abbot teaching raid. Send me a mail in game on Gingerspyce to sign up. I'll be out of the game most of the day until a couple hours before the event

We didn't have any new signups this week but we still wanted to do the live stream for those that wanted to watch and learn. So me and a couple guildies, along with Thadeis who joined us for the March Abbot teaching raid, did the raid and talked about how to do it short handed and showed how all the puzzles work. Being out of town, I wasn't on my normal rig, so the video viewing area was smaller than normal to make room for me to see the live stream chat. Here's the live stream if you missed...