Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Racial Completionist

Racial completionist idea.
    I would like to see a Racial Completionist give 10 Racial AP along with racial past life bonuses similar to TR class lives.

1. Requires levelling each race in a heroic life using a 'racial TR stone' (RTR) to recognize the Racial past life instead of the class past life.
    2. Only achievable starting after the release of Gnomes (due to requiring RTR stone)

Each race will give a past life bonus similar to heroic class bonuses.. (yet to be determined) something like..
    ~Halfling +.5 Sneak attack die.. stackable to 3x..
    ~Drow Arcane Fluidity: Your arcane spell failure chance while wearing armor is decreased by 5%/10%/15%
    ~~or other alternatives similar to bonuses from each of the individual racial tree's

So we have 9 classes with 9 TR lives using a 'Racial TR stone' (RTR) starting with the release of Gnomes to obtain racial completionist that gives 10 AP in the Racial Tree.
    Dwarf,Elf ,Halfling, Human, Drow, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Warforged, Gnome.
    .. 3.8mm XP * 9 lives = 34.2mm XP to achieve RTR before considering 3x for some more Racial past life perks.. seems fair enough..

..another hamster wheel to grind...
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Staggering
    Pale Fox

I'd say go for it.
    I'd especially like the suggestion for the drow racial past life benefit.

Is there some sort of competition to come up with the most ridiculous suggestion for even more power creep?

This is absolutely not what DDO needs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Is there some sort of competition to come up with the most ridiculous suggestion for even more power creep?

Says the guy who never plays anything but Humans. lol

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    Says the guy who never plays anything but Humans. lol
    That doesn't mean he's not right.

Power creep is a problem. More power creep isn't a solution...

I think we should also introduce racist completionist for those who play only one race...

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I think we should also introduce racist completionist for those who play only one race...
    This may be the funniest reply ever on these forums
    Last edited by Dragavon; 11-24-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Community Member

Agreed!!!! lol

Community Member

No. The game needs to remove past lives not add more. They have a hard cap of 30. Their goal should be to have everyone at L30. There is no longer any reason for this TR/eTR cycle and it should be removed from the game gradually.

Community Member

I want the ability to turn all my past lives into rabbits or squirrels so they can follow me around in both public and private instances, and every..where.

PS: I want to name each one of them separately
    PS2: they should all be able to summon their own squirrel, or rabit or batswarm companions

I think if you get racial completionist, you permanently have the male half-elf face, no matter what race you pick. Also, if you idle, you suddenly start dancing that fruity male helf jig (you all know which dance I'm talking about), complete with a sudden appearance of the disco ball.

Those who look at you while you're doing the jig must make a fortitude save or else have the helf face for 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    This should be in the hall of fame for most hilarious replies ever.
    Fuitentooty on Khyber.
    Nomnomnom Omnom Guild.

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

It's not a terrible suggestion. If you wouldn't like it nobody would force you but some people like more long term goals.

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    That doesn't mean he's not right.

Power creep is a problem. More power creep isn't a solution...
    One thing about power creep I never hear anyone say is that it is a necessary part of the game. Without it the game would not progress although it should be implemented as moderately as possible. When level caps go up some amount of power creep is necessary. If you disagree, then stop adding AP to your toon at level 12 like when level 12 was cap. Everything after that is power creep, right?

I do agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    No. The game needs to remove past lives not add more. They have a hard cap of 30. Their goal should be to have everyone at L30. There is no longer any reason for this TR/eTR cycle and it should be removed from the game gradually.
    Not everyone's goal is to sit at cap. That may be yours, but it is not mine. Not yet anyway. Some people like myself actually still have fun doing TR / ER and RR if it was an option. My current life is Dwarf - Arti, and I don't use any AP in my dwarf tree - I just did it because I was bored with human every life. Having RR might spice things up a bit and add a little more to what people consider a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuitentooty View Post
    I think if you get racial completionist, you permanently have the male half-elf face
    This is terrifying just imaging such a fate. I would throw my computer out the window and go cry in the shower.

I agree, after that we can also add Hair Style completionist, skin color completionist, etc. Talk about replay-ability!

Quote Originally Posted by RistoffDervish View Post
    It's not a terrible suggestion. If you wouldn't like it nobody would force you but some people like more long term goals.
    It is. At this time anything that adds more power has to be carefully considered. How many times have the devs not had to nerf things after some time because it was overpowered?

It is. At this time anything that adds more power has to be carefully considered. How many times have the devs not had to nerf things after some time because it was overpowered?
    I see your point but the benefits would not have to be overwhelmingly powerful. A little power creep is almost inevitable. A lot too fast is most definitely bad.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

As long as the benefits are kept fairly small, I'd love this. More lives to grind on my main, yay
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Offtopic:

What about single race completionist (complete all classes without changing race). Or better single race pure class completionist (avoid multiclassing) . Shewind is running that challenge currently - as an halfling
    Last edited by Wanesa; 11-24-2015 at 11:04 AM. Reason: completions->completionist

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),
    Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic10->Sorc(EK)17)

More so because the forumites repeatedly demanded it than because it actually needed a nerf.

This is evidenced by watching the community demand nerfs of the 5th and 6th most powerful things over and over again, and those things get nerfed, while they completely gloss over the 1st through 4th most powerful things which have been in game longer and still haven't been nerfed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast