Thread: Reincarnation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Reincarnation

How does one go to do reincarnation? The Wiki mentions something getting a bunch of tokens and token fragments but I'm finding the site to be highly out of date.

In particular, I'm trying to reincarnate from a human rogue at level 20 to a gnome artificer

You need 20 epic tokens to turn into the elemental for a True Druidic Heart of Wood by the altar in the Twelve. Fragments you can crunch into tokens at the same altar. Tokens and fragments drop from most Eberron epic quests and raids.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Ah so I've got to go to level 20, then start doing epic quests before I can get my first past life so that I could stop being a weak baby. Well, here's hoping I can do that fairly quickly.

Totally slipped my mind about racial reincarnation and surprised nobody else said anything. You can still trade in tokens to Lahar the elemental, but it's called a True Heart of Blood. This is just for racial past lives. So when you buy your heart make sure to choose the right one for what you want, either the Druidic Heart for class past life or Heart of Blood for racial. You can't have both.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Igrovin View Post
    How does one go to do reincarnation? The Wiki mentions something getting a bunch of tokens and token fragments but I'm finding the site to be highly out of date.
    Afaik, nothing "out of date" about the main article: http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation

If you see a flaw, pls let me/us know. (Altho' since, by your own admission, you don't know how to TR, I have to wonder what you're basing your judgement on???)

(Edit - I'm guessing I know what he's referring to - see note at bottom*)

Ah so I've got to go to level 20, then start doing epic quests before I can get my first past life so that I could stop being a weak baby. Well, here's hoping I can do that fairly quickly.
    Note that most players stop at Level 18, banking 19 & 20 so they are still welcome to join any quest of levels 16-20 (and don't break anyone's BB). Then, once they have everything they need, they take 2 levels, use a daily XP stone for that last +1 point, and TR.

(* The "outdated" part of this post is the % rate drops for those quests. But those quests all do drop tokensl.)
    Last edited by C-Dog; 06-16-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Community Member

I think the wiki is pretty up to date. Not sure what you're looking at but the first time I did it, I was looking at some reference to the lifeshaper being in House J. Just in case you're looking at that, the lifeshaper has moved to the hall of heroes.

Good luck! Every time I reincarnate I feel like I'm going to screw something up (though I never actually have).

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

In particular, I'm trying to reincarnate from a human rogue at level 20 to a gnome artificer
    The Wiki is VERY up to date.

In addition to trading tokens in-game, you can buy hearts in the DDO store as well.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Off the top of my head: The Wiki still talks about things being +1 enchantments like Returning. That Improved crit on a Great X bow is a +3 to crit range instead of +2. There are a few other things that are dubious.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Off the top of my head: The Wiki still talks about things being +1 enchantments like Returning. That Improved crit on a Great X bow is a +3 to crit range instead of +2. There are a few other things that are dubious.
    o.O

I'm sorry? what do those have to do with Reincarnation?

those are fringe items than no one would really care about.... I've been playing this game over 10 years and I couldnt tell you if thats accurate or not.

the Reincarnation page.. that you were concerned about in your OP.. is 100% accurate and updated.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    o.O

I'm sorry? what do those have to do with Reincarnation?

those are fringe items than no one would really care about.... I've been playing this game over 10 years and I couldnt tell you if thats accurate or not.

the Reincarnation page.. that you were concerned about in your OP.. is 100% accurate and updated.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation
    Nothing to do with reincarnation, but everything to do wiki being updated or not. Those had been things I had been looking through myself trying to find information on crafting my equipment (because I kept failing traps despite spending all my enhancements and skill points into being able to disarm them. Or I keep Dieing, so how can I make items to not die)

So that sort of thing makes me want to verify here with people before I spend more hours trying to find the free way to reincarnate.

Community Member

Nothing to do with reincarnation, but everything to do wiki being updated or not. Those had been things I had been looking through myself trying to find information on crafting my equipment (because I kept failing traps despite spending all my enhancements and skill points into being able to disarm them. Or I keep Dieing, so how can I make items to not die)

So that sort of thing makes me want to verify here with people before I spend more hours trying to find the free way to reincarnate.
    The wiki is just maintained by players. If you know for sure something is wrong/outdated/missing, sign up for a wiki account and fix it. I did it for the first time the other day and it felt good.