Default Healing amp question

I think it is a competence bonus. Neg amp says profane. Repair and positive say all incoming by x amount.
    I made armour with positive HA, did not stack with Iron mitts.

Was hoping it was profane so I could stack with other equipment.

Thanx ahead for any feed back.

My understanding/experience of healing amplification is that Like amounts from gear don't stack but different amounts do.

This means a 20 + 30 + 60 Healing Amp would be 110
    but a 60 + 60 would not stack and would be 60

I actually use 20 + 45 + 60 on gear I have and do benefit from the 125 Healing Amplification.

If you are finding your gear is not stacking, I recommend removing all gear, and put one on at a time looking at the character sheet's Hit Point's pop out which shows your total healing amplification.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inanout View Post
    I think it is a competence bonus. Neg amp says profane. Repair and positive say all incoming by x amount.
    I made armour with positive HA, did not stack with Iron mitts.

Was hoping it was profane so I could stack with other equipment.

Thanx ahead for any feed back.
    yeah, crafted heal amp is of the same type as Iron Mitts. read more here:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Healing_Ampl...ion#Item_bonus
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Hea...fication_items

also note that quality healing amplification on Hardened Hide Armor actually grants exceptional bonus.

Default Thank you for relies

I found same do not stack no matter the value. Except enhancements or destiny.

It would be cool to craft heal amp of different values and they did stack, you know reaper and all.

I usually do competence, exceptional, equipment and then toon build.

May our beloved game grow and prosper.

Just took out yesterday a forgotten dragontouched outfit and crafted with tempest rune of healing amplification, nominally 20 %, but in reality 40%. It is untyped and stacks with exeptional (mysteroius cloack), deneith monk bracers, and cannith crafted hamp.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    My understanding/experience of healing amplification is that Like amounts from gear don't stack but different amounts do.
    Kinda yes, kinda no: this is how it worked up until a year or two ago, when the devs redid heal amp gear and split them into different bonus types (competence, exceptional, etc.) so now they work like other gear bonuses. I.e., different-type bonuses stack, like-type bonuses do not. Cannith-crafted heal amp is a competence bonus, so as OP discovered, it doesn't stack with PD gloves, Iron Mitts, etc.; but it will stack with the other types of heal amp gear.

EDIT: I think they split the heal amp bonuses out so that the older gear which originally stacked together still stack in the new system; but you can no longer presume, "Oh, they're different values, so they'll stack!"
    Last edited by unbongwah; 05-02-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Cannith-crafted heal amp is a competence bonus
    Hmm... I'm always think it's profane, because bonus from random loot surely is profane... I never craft such stuff before, need check later independently. 8)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    read more here
    Wiki article you linked seems slightly outdated - not have Profane bonus at all.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Wiki article you linked seems slightly outdated - not have Profane bonus at all.
    As far as I know, no item in DDO currently grants Profane bonus to positive energy healing amplification.

We do have items with profane bonus to repair amplification, and some are mentioned on the wiki.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Repair_Amplification

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    As far as I know, no item in DDO currently grants Profane bonus to positive energy healing amplification.

We do have items with profane bonus to repair amplification, and some are mentioned on the wiki.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Repair_Amplification
    Seems you correct: I re-checked Positive Healing Amp bonus at random loot and it's Competence, while bonuses to Neg Healing and Repair Healing Amps is Profane. Very strange decision from devs - why just don't do all homological bonuses from random/CC stuff one type for more consistence?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Very strange decision from devs - why just don't do all homological bonuses from random/CC stuff one type for more consistence?
    what is this mythical consistency you're talking about? you must be new here. :/