Community Member

Default A problem with the claw of Vulkoor aka to many champs

just wanted to bring attention to what i can only assume is a bug in the quest the claw of vulkoor . we ran a group there on reaper 2 and 3 and both times every single scorpion ended up being a high level champ. at first there would be a single champ in the group but each time a scorpion would burrow it would come back up a champ whats more if it burrowed again it would change into an even more powerful champ on top of this each time it changed it would also be at full health again. needless to say 12 mobs with infinite healing and the ability to stay underground till they pop up below you and 1 hit you made this quest impossible to play.

Maybe someday the Dev's will resolve the heal-up and champ upgrade per burrow...

in the meantime...

More champs = More remnants..

Hint.. use CC.. paralyzers, Stuns, Flesh to stone, holds.....
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

update 36 had this to say
    Fixed an issue where monsters who phase out of combat sometimes reappeared as a Champion.
    so at least when the scorps get paralyzed held etc and still burrow they wont heal and turn into super scorps

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki-the-cat View Post
    just wanted to bring attention to what i can only assume is a bug in the quest the claw of vulkoor . we ran a group there on reaper 2 and 3 and both times every single scorpion ended up being a high level champ. at first there would be a single champ in the group but each time a scorpion would burrow it would come back up a champ whats more if it burrowed again it would change into an even more powerful champ on top of this each time it changed it would also be at full health again. needless to say 12 mobs with infinite healing and the ability to stay underground till they pop up below you and 1 hit you made this quest impossible to play.
    Yeah, this has been an issue with most mobs that can phase out like that, phase spiders and scorpions are the big culprits here, due to their large numbers and constant spawning.
    If you're low on rems that might be a good place to farm i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Maybe someday the Dev's will resolve the heal-up and champ upgrade per burrow...

in the meantime...

More champs = More remnants..

Hint.. use CC.. paralyzers, Stuns, Flesh to stone, holds.....
    More rem's? i'm 67 rems away from a 160k rems, they are worth less then kobold prayer beads, Antique Bronze Tokens, platinum and most of the initial epic scroll/seal/shard system at this point.
    Several people complained they were around 200k rems by now.
    Would be nice if they allowed us to buy worthwhile items with them (even lv 28 versions of the cloak/bracers would be nice)
    A possibility to turn of champions in hard and elite would be nice to, they add nothing to difficulty anymore and break the immersion. People looking for a challenge have reaper (and in order to keep it a challenge they should completely remove the reaper tree's.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki-the-cat View Post
    update 36 had this to say
    Fixed an issue where monsters who phase out of combat sometimes reappeared as a Champion.
    so at least when the scorps get paralyzed held etc and still burrow they wont heal and turn into super scorps
    It'll most likely not work, however they put in incentive to run more red fens, they updated the loot

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by whoolsey View Post
    More rem's? i'm 67 rems away from a 160k rems, they are worth less then kobold prayer beads, Antique Bronze Tokens, platinum and most of the initial epic scroll/seal/shard system at this point.
    Several people complained they were around 200k rems by now.
    Would be nice if they allowed us to buy worthwhile items with them
    I have nothing worthwhile to spend them on for my main, but for 62.5K rems, I can get one of my bank mules a full set of +2 PRR/MRR/MP/RP/SP tomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap