Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Can't make a new account

A friend tried to make an account Thursday night, following the steps you do, but didn't receive an email, and wasn't able to log in.

Thinking he may have done something wrong, (sorry bro), I tried as well to make a new account. No luck. If I try to cha Ge the password to the account, it says it sent an email to the account. If I try to recover the username, same thing. No emails. If I try to log in to the game it says it doesn't know the email password combo, or words to that effect.

If I try to remake an account on https://signup.ddo.com/ddo.ph...... I'm told the email address has been used.

Anyone run into this before, and had it fixed?

There is a thread on Reddit ddo about it, a few others are having the same issue, but can't post here, as they can't log in.
    Ghallanda - Dennaka, Dennaca, Dennaqa, Dennaga, Dennala

You're not the only one.
    Someone came into Discord yesterday, trying to get their account working. Five attempts and no joy.
    Several of us created new accounts trying to troubleshoot with them, and encountered the same issue.

The form accepts the input and you get a "DDO Account Creation Details" email, so it looks like it worked.
    But then you try to login to the launcher and get that non-matching username/password error.
    And going to the account page and "forgetting" your username or email generates the "Email Sent" message, but no email ever arrives.

I bug reported it after, but I haven't heard anything about a fix.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xCataluna View Post
    You're not the only one.
    Someone came into Discord yesterday, trying to get their account working. Five attempts and no joy.
    Several of us created new accounts trying to troubleshoot with them, and encountered the same issue.

The form accepts the input and you get a "DDO Account Creation Details" email, so it looks like it worked.
    But then you try to login to the launcher and get that non-matching username/password error.
    And going to the account page and "forgetting" your username or email generates the "Email Sent" message, but no email ever arrives.

I bug reported it after, but I haven't heard anything about a fix.
    Thanks for the bug report. I had hoped we would be able to play together this weekend, it took me years to convince him to try.
    Ghallanda - Dennaka, Dennaca, Dennaqa, Dennaga, Dennala

I received a reply to my bug report this morning, stating the issue with creating new accounts had been resolved.

> I was NOT able to login to the previously created new account. Its associated email still counts as "already used" though.

> Creating another new account DID NOT result in an "Account Creation Details" email, however, I was able to login to the game perfectly fine.

So it seems you should be able to get your friend into the game now, so long as you have another email to use.

Community Manager

We looked into this over the weekend and got it fixed on Saturday afternoon. If you still can't create a new account, let us know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We looked into this over the weekend and got it fixed on Saturday afternoon. If you still can't create a new account, let us know.

Here it is.. September 7th,2018 and this is still happening!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jabber86 View Post
    Here it is.. September 7th,2018 and this is still happening!!!
    14 October, My daughter tryed to make an account so she can play and each time she hits next after inputting the required info, it blanks out her username and password, tryed different names and passwords to no avail, something really needs to be done to get this fixed

Community Member

Lightbulb possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by tharevil View Post
    14 October, My daughter tryed to make an account so she can play and each time she hits next after inputting the required info, it blanks out her username and password, tryed different names and passwords to no avail, something really needs to be done to get this fixed
    I had this same issue earlier. I would attempt to make a new account and it would wipe my username and password and claim my username is bad. I discovered after numerous tries, that the username follows the same rules as the password creation. At least 1 capital letter, at least 1 lower case letter, and at least 1 number, all within 15 words. This worked for me when I found it out, hope it helps you.

Default Can't create an account

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I tried to make a new account for my wife and I put in all information and click the NEXT button and it brings me back to the create new account page again... It leaves her name and birthday in but I have to redo the other information. tried several times. Thanks.
    Parthos

Friend tried to create her 1st account, didn't work.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by DJonez41 View Post
    I had this same issue earlier. I would attempt to make a new account and it would wipe my username and password and claim my username is bad. I discovered after numerous tries, that the username follows the same rules as the password creation. At least 1 capital letter, at least 1 lower case letter, and at least 1 number, all within 15 words. This worked for me when I found it out, hope it helps you.
    This is it, name MUST contain capital letter, lowercase letter AND number to be accepted.
    Cordovan, please update register page to actually mention that please.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    This is it, name MUST contain capital letter, lowercase letter AND number to be accepted.
    Cordovan, please update register page to actually mention that please.
    That's wrong, gf created an account when there was the 75% discount in slavers pack (so we could buy her the slavers pack eith a 1st time 200 favor run)

And account didn't need capital nor number, in fact her password only has 1 number and no capital nor weird signs, so it wasn't wualified as "supersecure password, it has been not long since then

The only thing i can imagine is other than the problem they fixed... Is people using already existing account names/emails
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    That's wrong, gf created an account when there was the 75% discount in slavers pack (so we could buy her the slavers pack eith a 1st time 200 favor run)

And account didn't need capital nor number, in fact her password only has 1 number and no capital nor weird signs, so it wasn't wualified as "supersecure password, it has been not long since then

The only thing i can imagine is other than the problem they fixed... Is people using already existing account names/emails
    Actually I was having the same trouble, which brought me to this thread. I tried again using a number and capital letter in the username and it worked.
    Sooo, while some may be able to create an account without using a capital and a number, if you can't, try it........just might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Listonchi1 View Post
    Actually I was having the same trouble, which brought me to this thread. I tried again using a number and capital letter in the username and it worked.
    Sooo, while some may be able to create an account without using a capital and a number, if you can't, try it........just might work.
    I wonder if this isn't something to do with the newest browers out there. If I remember correctly, there was talk of enforcing stronger password security. Maybe your web browser is forcing a capital letter and a number?

I made a new account about 2 weeks ago. The username and password are all lowercase, but they did have one number. /shrug
    Last edited by Mindos; 02-28-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Community Member

Default This worked!

I had this same issue, and this worked for me...

(from DrJonez41) I had this same issue earlier. I would attempt to make a new account and it would wipe my username and password and claim my username is bad. I discovered after numerous tries, that the username follows the same rules as the password creation. At least 1 capital letter, at least 1 lower case letter, and at least 1 number, all within 15 words. This worked for me when I found it out, hope it helps you.

Default I'm still having this issue

My kid is interested in playing, I've tried two machines now to create an account for him, and it keeps failing with this bad user name.

Trying to get him into actually playing this game has been an exercise in frustration.
    Stabbius Maximus, halfling rogue returning after like 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Potvin View Post
    My kid is interested in playing, I've tried two machines now to create an account for him, and it keeps failing with this bad user name.

Trying to get him into actually playing this game has been an exercise in frustration.
    Your screen looks like the below screenshot, with the google captcha complete? Also, if anyone at SSG has access to the signup page, the error warning graphic has a bad url https://trial.turbine.com/sites/tria...ages/error.png

Default oops

So I tried to make an account just to test if it was working and after one try I got locked out. lol. SSG is very touchy I guess. Maybe it was the Jan 1 2019 Date of Birth. Clearing the browser cache had no effect, same error.

Community Member

This is still happening. I got a friend to try the game, and he went through the 2 day long download period.. only for the account creation page not to load correctly. I tried to load it myself, and it is coming up as an insecure website. It will not allow for account creation, no matter what browser was being used.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPseudo View Post
    This is still happening. I got a friend to try the game, and he went through the 2 day long download period.. only for the account creation page not to load correctly. I tried to load it myself, and it is coming up as an insecure website. It will not allow for account creation, no matter what browser was being used.
    I'm having a similar issue. I finally managed to get the account creaton page to load properly. No matter what I type in - existing account or new details with new e-mail-adress the page just "jumps" and resets. No error message is even showing, so I have no idea what the problem is. I have deactivated adblock in case there is a pop-up, but that doesn't help.

When I try to log in to my old account on the Launcher, it says that there is no DDO subscription on my account. When I tried to log in through the account creation page (when it didn't load properly), it said that at least 2 DDO accounts were already registered to my account.

So I'm stuck in a loop where the site thinks I have 2 DDO subs so it won't let me create a new one, but I can't log in to the Launcher because there no sub is registered. And I can't create a new account because of the odd account creation site not working properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast