Default High Lords will host epic Vault of Night teaching raid on Saturday, Apr 22 at 9pm EST

Last week was the start of the second half of our in 2017 teaching raid series. We have worked through every raid in the game and our plan is to work through them all once more before summer. If you missed last week's Legendary Shroud teaching raid, you can read about it and watch the live stream here.

With the beginning of the second half of the 2017 teaching raids series, now is a great time to learn raids. There are lots of reason why people avoid raids. Some are new and are intimidated by them. Some feel their gear, builds or skills aren't good enough. Some have had bad experiences in raids and were turned off by them. Whether you're a new player or you are new to raiding, I hope you will consider joining us. Our teaching raids are very special events designed to be informative, low-stress and most importantly fun for all.

Next in our series of teaching raids will be epic Vault of Night and Plane of Night (aka EV5-6) on Saturday, April 22 at 9pm EST!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to the raiding scene or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Dbags not welcome. Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids, but you must be at least level 20 to enter epic content.

If you are new to EV5-6, you will need to flag by running the first 4 quests in the Vault of Night story arc (aka VON1-4) in House Kundarak: Tharashk Arena, The Prisoner, Jungle of Khyber and Haywire Foundry. You will need to have access to the Vault of Night adventure pack. You can run the flagging quests on heroic or epic difficulty to flag just the same.

EV6 contains some remarkable loot, including one of the most sought after 2-handed weapons in the game (the Epic Sword of Shadows) and Kundarak Delving Boots, which is the only heroic item in the game that provides a continuous Freedom of Movement effect. VON5-6 are also great xp raids, so there's every reason to learn!

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game on Gingerspyce.

This event will be live streamed on my Youtube channel.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast and DDO Chronicle for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

PS. All are welcome to attend our Tuesday Night Abbotfest and our Friday Night Mark of Deathfest. These events aren't as formal as our teaching raids but we are happy to explain how the raid works to new players.

Still space in tonight's EV5-6 teaching raid. Don't miss this opportunity to learn the intricacies of this great xp raid! Contact me in game on Gingerspyce to sign up
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 04-22-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Wow lots of last minute signups! What started to look like it was going to be a small crew turned into a situation where I had to let a couple others go to make room for new folks! When we do EV5-6 as a teaching raid, we like to keep the group together so that everyone can see as much of the different tasks and zones as possible. There are lots of little tasks and details in this raid and it could easily be run 10 or 20 times without having a good idea of all of what is happening. I just woke up so even I forgot one of the tasks! Thankfully my guildies were there to check my work. Good times

Here is the live stream if you missed it...

PS. I will be a guest on DDOcast today, Sunday, April 23 at 3pm EST where the topic will be an Update 35 review and discussion of the new raid Riding the Storm Out! You can watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/ddocast or check out the podcast later at https://www.youtube.com/user/DDOCastLIVE or http://www.ddocast.com/
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 04-23-2017 at 04:29 AM.