Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fate Singer Echoes of the Ancestors Ranged Attack Bonus Not Working

My testing:

Started with 0 ranged attack speed bonus. switched into fatesinger, activated EoA shiradi on my hotbar... ranged attack speed still 0. So, unless there is a graphics bug, it is not working at all.

Bug submitted as well, but then again, I have submitted many bug reports on this in the past with no response from any devs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    ranged attack speed still 0.
    You check character sheet or combat log? Range/thrown weapon attack speed from Fatesinger/Shiradi Champion stances not show in charsheet, only in combat log.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    You check character sheet or combat log? Range/thrown weapon attack speed from Fatesinger/Shiradi Champion stances not show in charsheet, only in combat log.

It doesn't note it there either. I have since taken blinding speed, but like other overlapping bonuses, it does not say that I am benefitting from 2 different sources of ranged attack speed either. And, no mention of the bonus being removed when I switch destinies. There is mention of others being removed like grandeur and glitter of fame, but not AoE shiradi. So, I am left to believe that this is still not working.

I would really like to hear from a Dev on this since every other comment seems to be what people's opinions are and not really backed by any factual evidence of it working.
    Last edited by barecm; 04-13-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    My testing:

Started with 0 ranged attack speed bonus. switched into fatesinger, activated EoA shiradi on my hotbar... ranged attack speed still 0. So, unless there is a graphics bug, it is not working at all.

Bug submitted as well, but then again, I have submitted many bug reports on this in the past with no response from any devs.
    Last I saw I think Katz did some testing. And nothing was visual, but it DID work. But it only caused about 1 more arrow out of 100 to shoot.

Ill try to find the link. I think the thinking was that it did its advertised amount, but it included animation time as well as firing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Last I saw I think Katz did some testing. And nothing was visual, but it DID work. But it only caused about 1 more arrow out of 100 to shoot.

Ill try to find the link. I think the thinking was that it did its advertised amount, but it included animation time as well as firing time.
    Well, 1 more arrow per 100 would be 1% not 10%. Saying one more arrow per 100 would suggest to me that there really was not a difference in the rof bonus, but more a game mechanic of firing that produced 1 extra. So, even if there truly was a boost to cause 1 more out of 100, that still is only 1% and makes me say it is not working or at least not working as advertised.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post

Let me guess, it has a hidden timer (with some default number)?

I hit 20 on a pure Kensai AA build yesterday. I had to test this since I had planned to use it. With just a heroic brazenband(speed 7?) I had 67 shots in one minute and either 70 or 71 with echoes. My testing wasn't recorded and compared frame by frame but it was enough to show it works. Way back in 2010 me and Mr.Cow had done testing on the old ranger capstone and showed that bow speed increases are actually around 2/3 of listed amounts because of how they affect the animations. Echoes seems to still be using this ratio. The speed works off base attack rate so the more speed you have the worse it will be by %. By 30 I will likely only be getting 4-5% from it. Still nice but better than sense weakness or another tier IV?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    With just a heroic brazenband(speed 7?) I had 67 shots in one minute and either 70 or 71 with echoes.
    Did you test Echoes both with and without Brazenband? Want to know if it stacks with Enhancement bonuses. Thanks!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Did you test Echoes both with and without Brazenband? Want to know if it stacks with Enhancement bonuses. Thanks!
    Sure but 21 now
    65 no speed
    69 speed 7
    69 echoes
    72 speed 7 + echoes

Using the ~.64 multiplier from 2010
    7*.64 = 4.48% = 2.9
    10*.64= 6.4% = 4.16

Speed only: 65 + 2.9 = 68, off 1
    Echoes only: 65 + 4.16 = 69, accurate
    Both: 65 + 2.9 + 4.16 = 72, accurate

Only doing 1 minute tests leaves a decent error margin so 1 off means little. I didn't need exact testing to see if echoes worked or if it stacks.