Default Rogue repeater..which race for reaper

Been gone awhile and not sure of all the changes. I had a blade forge 18/2 rogue article before for the self healing. Loved it and was a beast but I'm reading cocoon is the way to go for reaper modes. If so what is the best race for a repeater rogue for reaper Best as in dps...survivability. I'm thinking human atm for the extra feat but gnome and dragon are new races to me.

Any help would be great thanks. Also if anyone has some must know new tips to repeater builds that weren't around 1.5 years ago I'm all ears also.

Ultimate Uber Completionist Dalsheel's Avatar

Gnomes can get +6 attack & damage, +1 crit.threat range with Light repeaters and +2INT from racial tree. They also start with +2INT. This would be my choice.
    Argonnessen - Death N Taxes
    Main: Dalsheel, Paladin - Triple everything
    Alts: Elralia, Wizard - Retired for now // Nesnibtan, Undecided - Currently on the TR-Train

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysun View Post
    I had a blade forge 18/2 rogue article before for the self healing. Loved it and was a beast but I'm reading cocoon is the way to go for reaper modes.
    So the thing about Reaper mode is that self-healing is nerfed but temp HP abilities (like Cocoon, Shining Thru, etc.) aren't. That said, I'm surprised people are advocating for Cocoon; 150 temp HPs isn't enough for EE, never mind high-skull Reaper. It seems like damage avoidance is really what's key for Reaper: high Dodge, Displacement, etc. Plus good old-fashioned kiting, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsheel View Post
    Gnomes can get +6 attack & damage, +1 crit.threat range with Light repeaters and +2INT from racial tree.
    The drawback is it costs 17 APs for +1 crit range, so in practice you're sacrificing Assassin and/or Harper enhancements for that bonus, making it a wash most of the time, IMO. [Obviously if you're willing to bang out 30 RRs for +10 racial APs, that's another matter...] Good if you're still using Needle as your primary weapon which becomes 16-20/x4 w/Expert Builder + gnome bonus.

The extra INT is nice, but let's face it: there's so much stat inflation these days that it's mostly about bragging rights.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I will be banging out around 12 rr so will be adding a decent amout to racial ap but I will be using great cross bows more then repeaters *but will still use alot of repeaters*. I liked blade forge for the weapon attachment and the forged action boost but when I played it stacked with other action boost for increased damage but seems in practice that can only use one at a time now.

What race would you recommend for defensive and office mix then?

Would love any other opinions on this subject. Planning on jumping in after the patch and really debating on which race to go. As a side note I duo with my wife who plays a casting warlock. If there is a good race that meshes well with a warlock or just anyone thoughts in general id appreciate it. If anyone has any good current builds for a 18/2 rogue build id love to take a peek. I've only seen mostly 20 rogue builds.

Well as a rog you can pretty much hop up into any number of places and safely mow down mobs. So your only real thread is an archer. Jack up enough amps and you can repair yourself to greatness just sittn up there. Be the blade! The extra saves from cha never hurt either.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

What race would you recommend for defensive and office mix then?
    If you're planning on doing a bunch of RRs but less than a full 30, you should be asking yourself which RPL feats you want the most and plan accordingly. E.g., +2 INT from drow & gnome RPLs have an obvious benefit for xbow builds. I'd probably do gnome first just to get the +1 UMD ASAP.
    If anyone has any good current builds for a 18/2 rogue build id love to take a peek. I've only seen mostly 20 rogue builds.
    They all pretty much look like this:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...epeater-Builds

However, for a HTR/RR template, I would either stick with pure rogue or maybe consider mixing with ftr / Kensei. One of the big advantages to Mechanic is Expert Builder, but you don't get that until rog 18; so on a rog 18 / arty 2 split, you don't get it until lvl 20, which does you no good on a HTR/RR life.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I'd recommend going with gnome - don't overlook that colour spray SLA when going INT based, blinding things makes them vulnerable to sneak attack for that big dps boost, dazing stuff is pretty effective crowd control & the blindness effect will even work on things that are usually immune like undead, helping you avoid harm from those too. I also highly recommend taking the dragonmark, as it'll let you get a pretty huge boost to UMD & the symbol of stunning SLA, being will-based, will let you reliably stun a lot of the hard-hitting melee mobs too.

Weapons-wise I recommend an ml4 light repeater, cannith crafted with 2 damage effects, if at all possible with a red augment slot & throw a ghostbane augment in there. When you get there, recraft it as an ml10 version which will be 3d6 on each of the damage effects & you'll be able to add a stat damage effect in it too - i'd suggest wisdom, to help your colour spray etc. hit more reliably.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Been gone awhile and not sure of all the changes. I had a blade forge 18/2 rogue article before for the self healing. Loved it and was a beast but I'm reading cocoon is the way to go for reaper modes. If so what is the best race for a repeater rogue for reaper Best as in dps...survivability. I'm thinking human atm for the extra feat but gnome and dragon are new races to me.

Any help would be great thanks. Also if anyone has some must know new tips to repeater builds that weren't around 1.5 years ago I'm all ears also.
    I dont know about the bells and whistles of the others but... I can self heal in reap for about 200 and thats not even with a critical item for repair equiped. With it you going toward 500's I believe ive seen. So ya, bladeforged is kinda nice. Stand in the middle of an army and just plant a bomb and mow em down while doing a quickened recon.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Weapons-wise I recommend an ml4 light repeater, cannith crafted with 2 damage effects, if at all possible with a red augment slot & throw a ghostbane augment in there. When you get there, recraft it as an ml10 version which will be 3d6 on each of the damage effects & you'll be able to add a stat damage effect in it too - i'd suggest wisdom, to help your colour spray etc. hit more reliably.
    I thought stat damage effects only worked on melee items?

Would love any other opinions on this subject. Planning on jumping in after the patch and really debating on which race to go. As a side note I duo with my wife who plays a casting warlock. If there is a good race that meshes well with a warlock or just anyone thoughts in general id appreciate it. If anyone has any good current builds for a 18/2 rogue build id love to take a peek. I've only seen mostly 20 rogue builds.
    I am doing an arti life
    Thinking rogue 20 next
    So was gonna go halfling for the flava
    But I like gnomes too...
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Community Member

If you are just doing racial lives and RRing after hitting 20, an MC'd gnome rogue can really give some crazy dps in the heroic levels (unless you are super dedicated to 18+ rogue lvls). I have built and played a 12 rogue / 6 ranger / 2 arti and it quite easily beats just about any other xbow build I have run across in heroic levels (Gxbow can't even come close to touching it). Take your gnome weapon dmgs and +2 int, t4 AA ele imbue + force arrow and inferno shot (you get 3 stacks of inferno per volley, great for a boss fight), and you can take KtA and 1 t5 mechanic skill or drop KtA and get whatever you want in T5 mech. I tend to level it getting the rgr enh first and then harper. The arrow imbues are the majority of your dmg till epic lvls so the mechanic and gnome enh can lag by a large amount and you just won't notice the loss much at all.

With a crafted lt rptr (I like +good or light,+ bludgeon, and ins deadly or vampiric) added force dmg ritual, and an augment, at lvl 10 (T4 imbue and somewhere around 150 spellpower) you're easily doing around 450 - 500 dmg per volley. Add in inferno shot for a long fight and it is even more ridiculous. Get to IPS and you can just murder stuff as long as you can kite. It isn't going to handle high skull reaper any time soon but it rips elites and low skull reapers apart with ease. If high skull reaper is what you want, this is not gonna cut it, too much dps without the defense to handle the agro.

I also found that in epic levels, this build grinds out any ED with nearly equal ease. Some are obviously a little better suited but it's a work horse that just keeps chugging along.

Quote Originally Posted by xenon211 View Post
    If you are just doing racial lives and RRing after hitting 20, an MC'd gnome rogue can really give some crazy dps in the heroic levels (unless you are super dedicated to 18+ rogue lvls). I have built and played a 12 rogue / 6 ranger / 2 arti and it quite easily beats just about any other xbow build I have run across in heroic levels (Gxbow can't even come close to touching it). Take your gnome weapon dmgs and +2 int, t4 AA ele imbue + force arrow and inferno shot (you get 3 stacks of inferno per volley, great for a boss fight), and you can take KtA and 1 t5 mechanic skill or drop KtA and get whatever you want in T5 mech. I tend to level it getting the rgr enh first and then harper. The arrow imbues are the majority of your dmg till epic lvls so the mechanic and gnome enh can lag by a large amount and you just won't notice the loss much at all.

With a crafted lt rptr (I like +good or light,+ bludgeon, and ins deadly or vampiric) added force dmg ritual, and an augment, at lvl 10 (T4 imbue and somewhere around 150 spellpower) you're easily doing around 450 - 500 dmg per volley. Add in inferno shot for a long fight and it is even more ridiculous. Get to IPS and you can just murder stuff as long as you can kite. It isn't going to handle high skull reaper any time soon but it rips elites and low skull reapers apart with ease. If high skull reaper is what you want, this is not gonna cut it, too much dps without the defense to handle the agro.

I also found that in epic levels, this build grinds out any ED with nearly equal ease. Some are obviously a little better suited but it's a work horse that just keeps chugging along.
    What's the leveling pattern here? 1arti, 2-7ranger, 8arti, 9+ rogue?
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Community Member

I believe I went: 1 rogue, 2&3 arti, 4-6 rgr, 7 rog, 8-10 rgr and rest rogue.

Obviously not the optimal route, if I were to redo it I'd just toss the 2nd arti lvl to 10 and shift the order down. I like lvl 1 as rogue since you get a ton more skill points than arti (double?) and I just use a crafted 1/4 staff for lvl 1. Arti 1 has the necessary feats and a runearm on a splash doesn't add as much damage as arrow imbues from ranger does, so taking a 2nd arti later makes more sense. I toss a rogue level into the ranger mix just to keep trap skills current but you can take it all in whatever order suits you best.

This is definitely a case of a build that would benefit from racial AP from PL's to allow you to divert enough pts to finish the Mechanic T5's.

I don't have feat order listed in my build sheet for some reason, but I recall that getting insightful reflexes early felt better than late as I tend to "find" traps by simply running through them in my typically messy zerg playstyle. You can easily forego that mid-ranger rogue trap-skill update if you just say "forget the traps" for a few levels. Obviously, you want IPS as soon as possible, so plan things out ahead of time to make that happen. You need 19 dex and +11 Bab so 15 dex and a +4 tome to get it by lvl 15, or one (or more) level-ups in dex, or combination thereof depending on your build pts.

Crafting advice: spellpower on hands till post lvl 10 when crafting becomes useful in that slot. After 10 it can go on a trink along with insightful version. I like cloak for the Int, ins Int, and spellsight. Ins deadly or vampiric as the extra on weapon at 10. Vampiric only works on the first shot of the volley, unfortunately, so insightful deadly is probably the better route. If crafting weapons I prefer light or force damage as so few mobs resist either. Those are just the slots I use since I have a basically all-purpose crafted gear set I use with a couple slots as swap/tweak options for various builds (I don't play casters really so its not meant for them, unless they focus on melee/ranged).