Default High Lords will host Riding the Storm Out teaching raid on Saturday, April 8

Our last teaching raid, Mark of Death and Legendary Tempest's Spine had another great turnout, with 6 returning players and a newcomer to our events! You can read about it and watch the live stream here.

Next in our teaching raid series will be the new Update 35 raid Riding the Storm Out on Saturday, April 8 at 9pm EST!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to the raiding scene or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Dbags not welcome. Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids but you must be at least level 27 to enter Riding the Storm Out.

If you are new to RSO, there is no flagging required!

There are a couple things you should do to prepare for the raid:

1. Twist in Energy Sheath (electric version) - we will continuously be struck by lightning throughout most of the raid, so Energy Sheath is very important. The lightning cannot be evaded. Energy Sheath is a tier 1 enhancement from the Draconic Incarnation epic destiny.

2. Bring an electrical absorption item if possible - with the massive amounts of electrical damage that we will encounter, an absorption item is helpful to wear in addition to having Energy Sheath. You can craft absorption items using Cannith Crafting or you can find randomly generated items with the descriptors "Electricy Absoption" or "Insulated". You can also use named items such as Ring of the Djinn or Prismatic Cloak. A list of named electric absorption items can be found on DDOwiki here.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game on Gingerspyce. If interest is high for this new raid, we may be adding a 10pm event as well.

This event will be live streamed on my Youtube channel.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast and DDO Chronicle for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

Community Member

I wish it told you the level req when you tried to enter the raid lol, I would have stayed level 25 instead of taking 26. Well, please let me throw my hat in the ring for this one.

My main character is presently level 1, so I will be bringing my Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    I wish it told you the level req when you tried to enter the raid lol, I would have stayed level 25 instead of taking 26. Well, please let me throw my hat in the ring for this one.

My main character is presently level 1, so I will be bringing my Warlock.
    cool, glad to have you back for another. What is your warlock's name? We'll start forming at 9pm EST in the market.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    cool, glad to have you back for another. What is your warlock's name? We'll start forming at 9pm EST in the market.
    Heh, sorry, never mind, I have to go visit my family...ughh.

Still space in tomorrow's RSO teaching raid! Don't be intimidated by a new raid. We're going to have lots of fun

6. 04-07-2017, 03:02 PM

Default Great run!!

What a great run. We had 7 people signed up, including 5 first timers and 1 newcomer to our teaching raids! Here we show that with just knowing a few of the basic raid mechanics that even with a bunch of folks new to the raid, that RSO can be smooth and fun! Here's the live stream...

This officially marks the halfway point of our 2017 teaching raid series. We've worked through every raid in the game and next week we'll start at the top of the lineup with Legendary Shroud and work through them all again before we conclude teaching raids for the year.

Thank you to the community for all the support, to my guildies for helping to make teaching raids smooth and fun and we hope that others out there that are new to raids will be encouraged to get involved. These events are a great place to get started with raids in DDO

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Good times and TY!

TYVM for the good time!

That was my first time in there and I went in cold, and knew nothing about the raid. At least I wasn't the only 1st lifer

I learned allot! Especially to clear stacks. At the end fight I did experiment. The toon I used, without any adjustments after the raid, starts to suffer at 27-30 stacks. The lightening can almost 1 shot me on that toon with 30 stacks.

I was tempted to throw in a roll on the belt, but it would have meant an almost total re-gearing of that toon. I did grab all the best gear I could at the time.

TY for allowing us to experiment and get our hands dirty with the raid mechanics, esp. at the end fight. That helped me gain allot of insight on how to set-up my toons for the raid and to be able to survive it.

Thanks again for my 1st run and completion!