Community Member

Default Pure Evoker FVS and Levelling Armour

Just wondering if there is any decent Medium armour which is useful while levelling? Or do you just stick to Robes which give boosts to spell power/crits/etc?

Or even Light armour like the Parasitic just for the Reflex saves?

Any ideas from level 1 onwards would be handy.

Thanks.

2014 DDO Players Council

I think Cannith-crafted onto a blank w. a Blue slot is probably your best best.

But a few possibilities:
    - Nightforge (from Relic) has 2 augment slots, ML 8.
    - Blue Dragonscale, some caster bonuses, ML 14.
    - I wouldn't grind for it, but if you have the ingredients anyways, you can make some decent Dragontouched for teens levels (ML 16).
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Member

some okay medium armors:
    Scales of Malice
    Fleshshaper's Brigandine

consider also heavy armor proficiency and Executioner's Platemail

tier 3 cannith armors get decent resistance and AC values and a green slot. the heavy one also sometimes gets a heal proc on the higher level versions. its not superb but can be re-used on other builds and I find it helpful not having to slot resistance on the other available cannith crafting slots

the anniversary heavy armor got pretty nice AC and insight PRR/slot

sometimes a nice lootgen arrmor with insightful radiance/devo/impulse/combustion can be found, too

other than that, craft one I guess?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I think Cannith-crafted onto a blank w. a Blue slot is probably your best best.

But a few possibilities:
    - Nightforge (from Relic) has 2 augment slots, ML 8.
    - Blue Dragonscale, some caster bonuses, ML 14.
    - I wouldn't grind for it, but if you have the ingredients anyways, you can make some decent Dragontouched for teens levels (ML 16).
    Can Druids also use Dragonscale armor? If so I may do this.

At the moment Im just using some Light armor with Invuln crafted on it. But that will become useless by about level 8 or 9. Nightforge could be a good choice to keep me going until level 14.

Cheers.

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Can Druids also use Dragonscale armor? If so I may do this.
    Yes, dragonscale is not metal, so druids can wear it.

Community Member

I suggest laying hold of a level 13, level 18 and level 23 set of hide medium armor. Why hide? Because your druidic incarnations later can wear it too. Put on it this:
    Constitution, Heal amplification, and parrying, cannith crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    I suggest laying hold of a level 13, level 18 and level 23 set of hide medium armor. Why hide? Because your druidic incarnations later can wear it too. Put on it this:
    Constitution, Heal amplification, and parrying, cannith crafted.
    Three month necro, but this is a slow sub-forum and I'm about to TR into a FvS and was poking about looking for good tips on builds and gear.

I'm curious why you listed level 13, level 18 and level 23, specifically? When I craft stuff I make them on factors of 4, so I don't have to stare at some nice ML16 augment and the ML15 item I just made and wonder why I didn't just make it a ML16 item in the first place. I'm just not seeing the significance of those levels breaks, but I think I am obviously missing something.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    I'm curious why you listed level 13, level 18 and level 23, specifically?
    Fecause at these levels you get an extra point of Con and probably Parrying.
    For example
    at level 12 you get: Constitution 6, Defense: Healing Amplification 25, Save: Parrying 2
    at level 13 you get: Constitution 7, Defense: Healing Amplification 27, Save: Parrying 3

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Fecause at these levels you get an extra point of Con and probably Parrying.
    For example
    at level 12 you get: Constitution 6, Defense: Healing Amplification 25, Save: Parrying 2
    at level 13 you get: Constitution 7, Defense: Healing Amplification 27, Save: Parrying 3
    OK, that makes sense. And thanks. I'm still not sure I'd rather not craft on factors of 4 in order to accommodate augments, because there are so many augments I want to slot and again: Staring at my L13 item and wanting to slot a L16 augment is going to be more frustrating, for me at least, than is looking at the Cannith Crafting chart and crafting for the break points for certain effects.

Community Member Brightheart245's Avatar

Hello!

I don't know if you are still looking for recommendations, but just wanted to point out some other ones too.

Cannith crafted will always be nice, but when I was levelling my FVS up, at 14 I wore Blue Scale just because I've had it for years, and then at 17 I wore Hardened Hide Armor (ML 17, from Good Intentions). Leaves of the Forest would also be an easy alternative if you don't want to waste mats on building incremental CC armors. At level 18, there is the Elocater's Habiliment, so if you don't have Displacement clickies, it's got x5 along with +10 Jump, Resistance +5, and some other goodies, along with an upgrade. Although CC is going to be the easiest to acquire, I figured I would recommend some alternatives in case you prefer not to build that many armor upgrades (although even one or two that meets in between those increments would be fine I'm sure). Personally, I hate to waste ingredients/effort that I can save for epics or say, if I'm building stuff that will be worn at cap (especially for a final life), so I resort to named items that are good enough in heroics, since they can be fast anyway. But I often crafted CC stuff for filling in a slot or two, so if armor is one of them, the CON + Parrying or other effects that you may need instead are certainly options!

When I look for a specific gear slot across levels like this, I often refer to the wiki in their gear slot type pages - so for armors, this link would be helpful. I organize by ML so you can view across the span of a certain level range (in your case, 1-20, so I click once to organize from lowest level to highest).

Hope this helped!! <3
    Ghallanda | Seraphemia | Best Beaches Around | Celestial Radiance

Community Member

I ended up going with Leaves of the Forest. My level 30 FVS wears the Epic version. Cheap and easy these days.

Thanks.