Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Strength based I would probably be going for half ork with a chance at human. Dex based likely halfling. With strong consideration to dragon marked elf, or human. Any way you go it will be a better ranger than you can build now. Heal amp and a extra feat with better int for kta does count heavily in my book.
    Last edited by Jetrule; 03-15-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Default best race option per stat

Stat wise, here is where the races fall for making the most of one stat.

Strength Based Option:

Human/PDK--Allows for everything a tempest needs to be well-rounded
    Horc: Highest Possible Damage With New Option and Racial AP
    Helf: IMO, the best option next to horc with rogue dilly making up some of the dual racial boost.
    Dwarf w/ Daxes: More Flavor and Boss Beater
    Warforged--Will work best w/ racial AP
    Bladeforged--Will work best w/ racial AP
    SDK: Alt to Helf with 1 less Charisma skill, but you can pretend to be emo
    Dragon Born: Probably more flavor next to orc and helf

Dex Based Option

Helf w/ Rog Dilly: Same reason as strength. An extra 1d6 can be big in heroics.
    Elf: The original tempest. Not worth it until grace is adjusted
    Drow: Nothing special here, looks, and flavor.
    Gnome/DG: Giving up KtA and DWS T5 provides some extra protection. More flavor.
    Halfling: Same as Elf or Gnome, but with slightly better saves, AC, and 1 more damage with SoE
    SDK: Will be alright with racial.

Intelligence Based Option

These builds certainly need racial AP if you plan on playing in the racial tree to make up for the DPS loss from Tempest/DWS to help hit Harpers Hit-to-Dmg. Human probably for best small reasons with Gnome having the edge due to being able to start 20/16 con/ rest in wisdom for more self healing and spell points and I think they're self explanatory with the exception of needing ins. reflexes

DG/Gnome
    Drow
    Self
    Human

Dex based,
    hElf - Elf hit% + hAmp + SA
    Elf - % to hit is huge (as others have noted); gear would offset anything else beneficial (after 30 RR pl's I would hope)
    Halfing - (scaling) SA and Saves; if you primarily group, not solo, I would place above Elf

Str based,
    ... Races listed above plus...
    hOrc - Not sure where they fit in to the above 3 but at they look like they benefited the most from this update (on the surface).

I'm not even sure Human could be considered "Top 5" for min/max on melee toons now once you have 30 RR pl's. I will never have 30 RR pl's so Human will always be a consideration but I like Elves for when I roll Ranger, even before Ranger was "cool."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12