Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blockade Buster: Mobs tripping across map.

Complete and totally 100% BS.

Mobs tripping me while I am on raft with shrine and they are on larger ships.

Since when to mobs get a 1/4 mile ranged trip attack?

What kind of horse-ess are you devs playing at?

Break/Bug something else in your attempt to challenge us? LMAO @....

This is all consequence of the new aggro. It's broken, they know it and it sucks. It makes the game less enjoyable. You go to a ship, fine, and reaper from other ship sees you and spred it's aggro to all mobs in that other ship. Boom. Red alert. Then all reaper in the map teleport to the ship you are at, while all mobs in the map, while can't teleport, try to shoot on you and cause alert. Then when you go down to blow the ship every mob is waiting you at the door. Yay.
    Ex player. This game had it's peak fun in 2011. After that, 2018. The rest is nostalgia from these 2 eras. I'd be lying if I didn't say I had some fun with MotU and in eGH, thought.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/NethereseDDO

• NEW! Blockade buster in low closed on reaper!
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Default Aggro does appear to be broken in Blockade Buster

We ran Blockade Buster on Reaper 3 this weekend, and mobs were aggroing across ships causing Red Alerts.

Including Reapers who were activating and aggroing while on ships that we had not yet visited. We started with the first ship on the left and killed everything as we went (no attempt at a stealth completion other than a mass invis scroll while we swam to the first ship). When we went towards the captains quarters on the first ship, the second and third ships aggroed on us and we had an instant Red alert.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

I also got range tripped by the Red Named End-Boss Ogre of Assault on Summerfield. I ran up the ramp and onto a walk-way after killing the mobs that spawn upon pulling the sally port lever.

The Boss became active and I started my "rotation" of searing light, nimbus of light, holy-smite, flamestrike while he shot me with arrows (or whatever the heck he throws). I got tripped twice...

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    We ran Blockade Buster on Reaper 3 this weekend, and mobs were aggroing across ships causing Red Alerts.

Including Reapers who were activating and aggroing while on ships that we had not yet visited. We started with the first ship on the left and killed everything as we went (no attempt at a stealth completion other than a mass invis scroll while we swam to the first ship). When we went towards the captains quarters on the first ship, the second and third ships aggroed on us and we had an instant Red alert.
    I did this R1 solo on a 1Wiz/13FVS. I cleared the first ship deck, got crest yada yada set timer for 1 min and swam back to raft. Moved on to ship 2, cleared deck etc etc set timer for 5 min and swam back to raft to shrine because the fight when you head below deck on the middle ship drained me and Barrage (the WF wiz hire).

However, I could not shrine because all the mobs on the flag-ship were now aggroed on me and my hire. I don't know if the hire shot one with a scorching ray or they just did LOS aggro on me when I went to wheel house to get crest on middle ship. I did not see the level of aggro from all the ships at once that y'all did. Failed quest trying to clear flag-ship w/o any appreciable melee skill or SP AND Unlucky Famine and Carnage reapers on deck.

2nd attempt I cleared flagship deck first, got crest. Cleared middle, got crest. Then first ship, deck, crest boom. Middle ship boom, Flag ship boom.

Much different than the past.

sad to learn of this--was once one of the great stealth challenges. When my main gets back to heroics I will give it a go.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players