Default Hiding after being spotted?

Hey all, I'm trying to experiment with some ways of returning to sneak status successfully after being spotted. I'm trying to see what it takes, and I was wondering if anyone has had any input on this.

I'm trying more and more to solo things and get that sweet sweet insidious cunning bonus, so how can I escape from enemies instead of fighting them when I get seen.

For example, after being spotted, is there a particular distance at which you can enter hide again and avoid detection?
    Can you run behind a wall or into another room and hide?
    Does the enemy have to be under some kind of Daze/Stun beforehand such as the Flashbang from Ninja Spy?
    Does the enemy have to be targeting something else, like an ally/hireling when you enter stealth?
    Is blindness useful in re-entering stealth (can a rogue use a triggered glitterdust trap to re-hide)?
    Wisdom is a liquor store. Tastes so sweet, just wait till you wake up in the morning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueFox View Post
    Hey all, I'm trying to experiment with some ways of returning to sneak status successfully after being spotted. I'm trying to see what it takes, and I was wondering if anyone has had any input on this.

I'm trying more and more to solo things and get that sweet sweet insidious cunning bonus, so how can I escape from enemies instead of fighting them when I get seen.

For example, after being spotted, is there a particular distance at which you can enter hide again and avoid detection?
    Can you run behind a wall or into another room and hide?
    Does the enemy have to be under some kind of Daze/Stun beforehand such as the Flashbang from Ninja Spy?
    Does the enemy have to be targeting something else, like an ally/hireling when you enter stealth?
    Is blindness useful in re-entering stealth (can a rogue use a triggered glitterdust trap to re-hide)?
    Last time I ran a melee rogue, restealthing is something you can generally do if you can break Line of Sight, however briefly. Often times even a pillar between you and prying eyes is sufficient. Of course I haven't tried this with the new crazy aggro rules. I suggest you practice it in a massively underlevel quest to get familiar with what you can get away with now.

I haven't done much stealth lately due to aggro mess but in thr past it was all your suggestions--basically put something between you and them and use stuff like fogs glitterdust sap etc to knock out their ability to see you.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

You can successfully re-hide from active mobs with Hide in Plain Sight from the Shadowdancer ED at tier 1 Stealthy rank 3. This mostly works but it's not available until level 20.

In heroics the only way I have been able to re-hide is by getting distance from the mob and having them reset. Two ways I know of to do this once a mob is active: run away with a speed enhancement and hide as they reset, or use Sap on them and move away quickly out of range and they'll be reset when you re-enter the area after Sap wears off.

Note : i have a rogue with Shadowdancer ED and Stealthy rank 3

I have two examples of breaking contact and being able to sneak away

1) In WGU, final fight. From time to time, my HP went down too fast (too many mobs) so i dropped from the cliff to lower level, sneak and move away
    Be aware that mobs who were meleeing me were searching me : they ran to the lower level, to the place where i dropped (but they ran past me without noticing me)

2) In Breaking the ranks, because of terrain, i was able to loose opponent WITHOUT SNEAKING. I was melee them in the center, then ran into the gnoll camp.
    If you have enough space between you and them, they don't see you entering the camp and search for you at the entrance.
    From time to time, one of them see me and enter the camp , but most of them stay out of the camp. Same for giant camp.
    Of course, you can safely enter in sneaking mode
    Be careful, there are spell traps so better to remove them before using this tactic

I had other experiences where i ran away and sneak again but don't have the exact details
    Be aware that mobs that were active after you are still looking for you and will run to your last know location and swing there so you have to quickly move away
    Assassinating mobs who are swinging in the void doesn't seems to work (they need to be still or aggroed on someone else)