Default Reaper capable tank: fighter vs paladin

I've been thinking about a reaper capable S&B tank, based on either paladin or fighter, that could hold agro of mobs through intim, etc. The advantage of paladin based tanks has always been self-healing, self-buffing/immunities, and significantly higher saves. Typically, they'll have higher CHA for Divine Might, which obviously helps with high intim as well. As far as I can tell, higher saves are about the only thing left for Paladins.

Given the current state of the game and the conditions of Reaper, is there a real benefit to going paladin anymore?

Reasoning:
    Buffing isn't as critical as it used to be for a variety of reasons (augments, so many classes, trees, and clickies with important buffs), so let's drop that off.

DM is less critical than it was with higher insight bonuses available for everyone and that damage isn't as critical for tanking, plus fighters will often have their own boost through Power Surge that boosts all attributes, including CON and CHA, and stacks with most everything out there.

Self-healing is strongly nerfed in Reaper.

CHA is probably a wash if you're building for it.

Fighters have all the extra feats for heavy armor (and tactics) that will aid in survivability.

If you need higher intim, Fighters have the extra feats to get it.

Saves will still favor Paladin, but you can get fighter saves fairly high these days with all the various bonuses.

So at higher difficulties, if you want to play a S&B tank based in paladin or fighter (yes, I'm aware there are other options), I don't see much reason to go paladin anymore and fighter seems to have a fairly clear edge. Am I missing anything?

There is the dread, and the grim
    One a tactics fighter, the other a anti paladin
    One using dire charge, the other tanking and holding aggro
    A dreadnought and a sentinel.

The third in the trinity is the warlock

Since we only have 3 of the 6 roles
    The anti paladin serves double duty
    As the tank and healer.
    He has Rez capacity, and endless lay on hands
    Twisted sacred ground for group heals.

You can't leave out the anti paladin
    He will be the center of attention...