Default Epic level Familiars

Please can we have some truly epic familiars for our casters now? In so much fantasy fiction the caster has a familiar that is hard as nails/truly terrifying/really useful(not just a lever puller)/or even just interesting. In D&D pseudo dragons,brownies,quasits and imps were there for a mage, and had value. We get hirelings (!) artificer constructs, druid wolves, and floaty cosmetic pets. Sorry, just does not cut it. Please can this be fixed ? Thanks.
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

Shamelessly trying to get some interest!
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

It would not be a bad thing if they did.

especially for my artificer, that dog dies entirely to often let alone how often the iron Defender AI bugs completely out after trying to climb a ladder to get at something to chew on.

the Wizard needs a familiar it should be something kick ass impressive for looks or just plain tough as nails, or do interesting this in a fight.

Give the pet classes a unique quest to unlock their epic level familiar, that cannot be shared and only for the pure classes, not a multi class character. Make it worth while to stay as a single class instead of having to multi class to get the best build possible for a character.
    Orsus

It does not matter who the strongest fighter is... just the last one standing in the end.

Community Member

I would love to have a bonus critter with me (Friends of Nature is nice, but pretty pointless). I find it kinda surprising that with most of the game taking place in a land full of Constructs that PCs don't have the ability to make (and maintain) a Construct. Just imagine a series of quests to create your own Gargoyle, Golem, Undead, Metal Defender, Mage Fire Cannon, Sentinel, Animated What Naughts, Puzzle Tiles, etc.

The possibilities are near endless with the different body types, materials, elements, sizes, and abilities.

I like the idea of only pure characters and a quest or three to obtain the familiar. But please can the familiar actually do something useful?