Community Member

Default Auction House Beeping

I have placed bids in the last minute on the auction house several times now and every time I do there is a long series of beeps and the auction never seems to close down until considerably later when (so far) I eventually find the items in my mailbox even thought the auction house still had them listed for sale with "1 minute" remaining.

Is there a mechanism in place where an auction will reset to a minute when a bid is placed in the last minute? Any idea what the beeping is? Just letting me know an auction I'm bidding on is finishing? I don't remember hearing it unless I am actually there bidding in the last minute.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hrmn8r View Post
    I have placed bids in the last minute on the auction house several times now and every time I do there is a long series of beeps and the auction never seems to close down until considerably later when (so far) I eventually find the items in my mailbox even thought the auction house still had them listed for sale with "1 minute" remaining.

Is there a mechanism in place where an auction will reset to a minute when a bid is placed in the last minute? Any idea what the beeping is? Just letting me know an auction I'm bidding on is finishing? I don't remember hearing it unless I am actually there bidding in the last minute.

Thoughts?
    I've never heard any beeping from the auction house, so that's curious.

It looks like the "Bids" panel doesn't update in real time - maybe not at all, unless something causes another database read.
    Such as, if you search for the item again, you'll get the real time remaining in the search results, but the entry in Bids still doesn't update.
    If you go off and run a quest and come back to check the AH, the times will have updated both in Bids and search results.