Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Erdrique's Blog-Starting off 2017 with Some Questing

The first two weeks of the year found me working on a wide variety of quests, slayers, and characters - Starting off 2017 with Some Questing

wow long post there! You have been busy!

Erdique--have you considered doing an occasional review of quests/dungeons/challenges etc. based on their immersion/ecology? It seems like something that you are very attuned to, based on your past posts.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Hey Saekee, I actually have thought about it I just haven't had the chance to sit down and take the time to flesh it out. I was working on some of that with the explorer areas and I do plan on getting back to that . I do find it fun to try to fit our quests into a larger picture and try to put things together in a rather out-of-the-box fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    Hey Saekee, I actually have thought about it I just haven't had the chance to sit down and take the time to flesh it out. I was working on some of that with the explorer areas and I do plan on getting back to that . I do find it fun to try to fit our quests into a larger picture and try to put things together in a rather out-of-the-box fashion.
    Let me know if you do--it would be a great guide/review. For example, mobs standing around doing NOTHING is bad quest design. Siegebreaker, on the other hand, features sleeping mobs, a large public latrine, water supply, tents, general supply line for the army, etc. It is one of the best-designed quests in terms of ecology. ToEE is a flop in this regard. Some lower level quests feature guard mobs and a nearby gong, which makes sense--I think it is Butcher's Path that has this and sleeping kobolds (or is it Garrison's?). But that is the kind of way I would rate quests--undead ones are, of course, exempt.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players