Community Member

Default pale master help

I have a wiz 7 rogue 1. i am doing something wrong for sure. what I have:

empower spell/extend spell/maximize spell all on all t he time

my casting order is:
    displacement/web/lesser death aura/shroud of t he zombie/wall of fire/tower shield

I gather several mobs and then cast. one i run olut of spell power fast and don't seem to be healing myself at all. I am not sure what i am doing wrong but something for sure. any help appreciated. if more infop is needded just tell me what you need. thx in advance.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rlarge View Post
    I have a wiz 7 rogue 1. i am doing something wrong for sure. what I have:

empower spell/extend spell/maximize spell all on all t he time

my casting order is:
    displacement/web/lesser death aura/shroud of t he zombie/wall of fire/tower shield

I gather several mobs and then cast. one i run olut of spell power fast and don't seem to be healing myself at all. I am not sure what i am doing wrong but something for sure. any help appreciated. if more infop is needded just tell me what you need. thx in advance.

First off, you should turn off empower and maximize. You can't afford it in mana terms. To be honest, I'd drop the feats and replace them with mental toughness, improved mental toughness.
    Extend you want only for your death aura (level 4). Don't bother with lesser death aura. Make a cannith crafted item of negative energy amplification. Its pretty easy to do and will help you a lot. By level 15 you really want the festering mummy wrap from search and rescue.

Some other general notes. I'd seriously consider not bothering with shrouds until you get the shroud of the wraith. CSW potions are cheap. You also need to develop your spellpower---items like the circlet from memoirs help a lot there. Spell power is what makes the difference between always running out of power killing things and having enough to go between shrines. Also you need to bundle up your opponents, you can't afford to kill them a few at a time. This will be true once your circle of death, wail of the banshee, etc ae insta kills get going as well.

Community Member

thx will try that

Web is good, but depending on content and your DC (Assuming you are first life) its really not as useful.

Also, you need to take Negative Energy Burst, this is your "burst" heal as well and gives great dps.

As Val stated, you need to increase Spellpower and turn off maximize/empower, those are for Sorcerors mainly. As a PM you want Heighten (at later levels) and Extend.

Personally, I would rather use Shrouds all the way up, but that is your choice.
    ~Founder of Cormyrian Sovereigns~

Alessi[Smiter] ~ Arktanis[Tank]~Kajsalisa[Druid]~Kanaela[Completionist]~Kiaransalli[Stealth]~Kjorvik[Melee]~ Raikki[Enchanter]~Talassriel[Archer]~Ytthrimuir[Warpriest]