Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Question Question: Is the random loot system still in development?

I noticed a couple of effects and oddities are still in the system, i would like to ask if the work is closed on this or still an open case.

Will we see any further tweaks to loot?

Community Manager

It's possible that further work could be done. What issues are you experiencing?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It's possible that further work could be done. What issues are you experiencing?
    I would have to look for more effects, but spell resistance,speed and insightful not showing in the item name come to mind. you have to hover over them to see these effects.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Things I would like to see...

~ Higher level Scrolls/wands/potions. level appropriate to content we are running... Legendary, and Epic level vs heroic level to not overload the system with consumables at every level..
    ~ High level NPC vendors.. could use some Legendary & Epic level suppliers...with accordingly much higher prices..

~ More spell types.. drop some scrolls for new spells.. (especially boss usable debuff spells, illusion spells))

~ Better scaling saves/damage vs weapon level.. my level 10 paralyzing weapon is just as good as my level 30 paralyzer.. paralyzes if the mob rolls a 1...

~ Better damage mediums for level 30 weapons.. some halfway interesting ones drop but would only be useful if they were 5-10 levels lower.. damage scale factor just isn't up to snuff for randomgens...

~ two augment slot items... we don't see them anymore.. any chance of creating a zone where these have a chance to drop on chain end rewards or something...

~revamp of named items.. two randomgen loot passes that blow a way older comparable level named items.. rework the old named items to be comparable or to have unique stacking bonuses..

~craftible randomgen drops.. quivers, rune arms, trinkets, Orbs...

~Level 30 Feather falling is the same as level 1 feather falling... in effect trurmping other possible effects that could be useful at higher levels..
    add something to the FF that gives it value as it scales to higher levels(Epic/Legendary)
    .. longer hangtime, better drift..+1 Tumble/move silently per level of item.. walking on air, crates no tremors when walking.. so no aggro for spiders/elementals..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-10-2017 at 07:46 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Default +0

How about fixing the +0 effects once and for all. I have been seeing it a lot lately.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Even putting a craftable orb into the store like the craftable trinket and incorporating just that orb into Cannith crafting would be better than nothing and turn some profit.

I would like either smiting/disruption/banishing to come back to random gen or for named items with these enchantments to show up in some new named loot. Not everyone has legacy items.

The scaling of striding in Cannith Crafting needs improvement, to at least the levels of the Striding augments. As has been said before, striding is already inferior to speed making it scale slower in crafting is needlessly corrupt-a-wish.

I don't know about anyone else but it would be great if there was some indicator of an item having an augment slot - be that a colored border, a symbol attached to the item name, something immediately recognizable on reward list and in AH would be nice. Thank you.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    How about fixing the +0 effects once and for all. I have been seeing it a lot lately.
    - Yes, a few of +0 insightful 3rd effects are in, i think mostly the ones where the stat is already available but the ML still too low to provide actual benefit? Maybe just text, next time ill take this reward and see if the bonus is added.

- Missing scaling on deception, keen, feeding and possibly a few other effects. No matter the ML of the item, they remain at the 1st level. I think feeding and deception had somewhat linear bonuses with ML, while keen had a bonus at bigger breaking points, but cant recall the ML range at the moment.

- Some items carry effects where the bonuses impossible to take actual effect. Assassinate on bows.

These are the ones im noticing mostly.

From Red Fens ( I think Claw of the Vulkoor) end reward I got helm. It is simply named "Helm", there is no minimun lvl showing, it seems to not be bound, and only property on it is potency 20.

Also alignment damages (evil) and some insightful boni don't show on item names when they are first property.

Community Member

to expand on others
    * vitality not shown in item name
    * scepters with armor stats: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482299

Community Member

on a related note: make auction interface to search also item description, and dropdowns to include options for various enchantments
    true neutral poster... note the grey in my 'rep'
    kool-aid in my coffee! YEAH!
    {save me from myself}

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    to expand on others
    * vitality not shown in item name
    * scepters with armor stats: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482299
    Add goggles with "weapon/glove" stats to that as well.

And the 3th affix always hidden and what about augments?