Default Vampirsm and warforged

I got a warforged with a Nightmare, the Fallen Moon bastard sword. I havn't tested it yet, since he isnt lvl 23 yet. I am curious though, does the vampirism give warforged hps back? Seems like it should, but I dont know, so I ask.

From wiki:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Vampirism

A weapon with the Vampirism suffix provides 1 to 3 hitpoints of positive energy-typed healing every time you damage an enemy. For a Warforged, this weapon suffix provides 1 to 3 repair energy for healing instead of positive energy. This scales with healing amplification.

I have not tested this, but I assume it is correct!

Congratz on the weapon.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Just tested.

1-3 HP back per hit with Nightmare on a WF.
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Just tested.

1-3 HP back per hit with Nightmare on a WF.
    Verification!

Sweet!

With his high repair amps should get about 2-6 per a hit. :P

Not much in EE at all, but still, little things add up. Thus, it does add to performance, even if a wee bit. Why not?

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ight=vampirism

The above thread says that it won't actually be per-hit, because CC Vampirism has a nerf that prevents it from proc'ing "too often".

Quote Originally Posted by DownClan View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ight=vampirism

The above thread says that it won't actually be per-hit, because CC Vampirism has a nerf that prevents it from proc'ing "too often".
    you missed the part where OP specifically stated it'd be from using Nightmare - the older named items with vampirism (and the scion of shadowfell feat) effects are all the older style on-hit versions without the internal cooldown.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonedream View Post
    Verification!

Sweet!

With his high repair amps should get about 2-6 per a hit. :P

Not much in EE at all, but still, little things add up. Thus, it does add to performance, even if a wee bit. Why not?
    Positive healing not repair for this one. (unless they have changed it) so healing amp not repair amp.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Positive healing not repair for this one. (unless they have changed it) so healing amp not repair amp.
    it says on wiki that such named vampirism will work on a WF. Plus someone tested it--but yes, it seems based on its description that it should not work on WF.
    Now...will it work on a PM shroud? Or will it hurt them lol?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    it says on wiki that such named vampirism will work on a WF. Plus someone tested it--but yes, it seems based on its description that it should not work on WF.
    Now...will it work on a PM shroud? Or will it hurt them lol?
    Warforged can be healed by positive energy spells as well just at a reduced rate, same is likely for vamp. It would likely come up as immune for undead
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

I got a warforged with a Nightmare, the Fallen Moon bastard sword. I havn't tested it yet, since he isnt lvl 23 yet. I am curious though, does the vampirism give warforged hps back? Seems like it should, but I dont know, so I ask.
    Yes the Vampirism effect works, and also works with the Scion of Shadowfell. Both effects give health on hit when used singly and both effects give health when used together as well.

also works with the Monk Light Fist healing shield on a creature, at the same time.

i really enjoy it myself. Has kept me up at full health when I had no self healing on my Warforged tank running around in the wilderness areas and also most EN, some EH, and LN adventures.
    Orsus

It does not matter who the strongest fighter is... just the last one standing in the end.

Community Member SkaanNatsaclanee's Avatar

I have the Vampiric Stonedust Wraps
    it give always 1 HP so i think other vampirism effect should be ok