Community Member

Default Best ML 20-30 weapons for fighting undead?

I'm not familiar with all the different weapons in the game, I mostly know about long swords, short swords, and rapiers. So i'm wondering if there are some hidden gems out there that are specifically made for dealing with undead. Some examples of ones I know are pretty good are Celestia, Mutineer's Blade, and the Epic Mournlode weapons. I also have access to cannith crafting and wouldn't be against farming up alchemical, thunderforged, or LGS weapons. Ranged weapons are fine too.

Crafted weapons are pretty good, especially if you have a red slot and can put in one of the undead bane augments from matbar festival. Other than that, I like to craft a tier 2 Thuderforged Maul for Skeletons.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Community Member

The rapier from 3BC. Mutineer's blade.

For Cannith Crafting, make an "Unnatural Bane" shard. It works against several subtypes, including abberations, monstrous humanoids, and undead; and doesn't require the soul gem to craft like undead bane.

So for most undead (skeletons being the exception) Hunter's Slayer is a good one. Here is the EN version:

For a ranged weapon, this is good, but to make it ML 20 you have to farm the scroll, shard and seal.:

Epic Hammer of Life

http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Hammer_of_Life ... Sorry hyperlink not working.

Community Member

Unnnatural Bane seems like a winner. I didn't realize it worked on so many things. I think i'll be cannith crafting some stuff with that. Thanks for the info.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

For skeletons:

Or any other epic weapon from The Spinner of Shadows in general for fighting undead / unholy foes.

I have a Star of Day with Radiance & Disruption. ML 20. Keeps me centered, anyway. Not ideal but not bad, good base damage and it is big:
    http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Star_of_Day
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I have a Star of Day with Radiance & Disruption. ML 20. Keeps me centered, anyway. Not ideal but not bad, good base damage and it is big:
    http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Star_of_Day
    I have one like that too. Star of day can be very nice, but may take 10-20 tries.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Another hidden gem if you're into the trowing business, load it up with the Ghostbane augment from Mabar and have a Celestia in your offhand:

Especially handy in fighting Truthful One in The Fall of Truth.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Another hidden gem if you're into the trowing business, load it up with the Ghostbane augment from Mabar and have a Celestia in your offhand:
    What would having Celestia in my off hand do for a thrown weapon in my main hand?
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 07-05-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Epic Silver Slinger

I use this till about mid-epics. I slot a Ruby of Ghostbane into it for Ghost Touch/Ghostbane. The bane form the augment and xbow don't stack. I only used the augment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    What would having Celestia in my off hand do for a thrown weapon in my main hand?
    The AoEs proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    For Cannith Crafting, make an "Unnatural Bane" shard. It works against several subtypes, including abberations, monstrous humanoids, and undead; and doesn't require the soul gem to craft like undead bane.
    Oh wow, and here I've been crafting "Undead Bane" like a chump. Thanks for the tip!
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

Community Member

My lvl 20 wolf build was using a Star of Day with Fiery Detonation and Disruption and tearing through Thunderholme slayer. Not a bad undead beater.