Default My thoughts on Reaper mode

First off I'd like to thank the Developers for at least trying to release new content during their transition to Standing Stone Games. I realize that this must of been a very difficult and Chaotic time for all parties involved.

Now with that being said...

I've the following concerns with Reaper mode of play:

• Reaper abilities are in and of themselves only for use within Reaper instances. This "Self" justification falls short of providing a legitimate reason for players to "Want" to play thru Reaper mode. Now while Reaper mode is a relatively new experience to the game, there is sure to be great enthusiasm for it. However I suspect that this will be short lived without some form of tangible goal be added and soon. I suggest that, if some of the abilities could be applied to the game as a whole, then maybe it would be worth-wild.

• Items that have Reaper bonuses can only be used to their full effect within a Reaper instance. Here again, this is self justification, providing nothing that applies to the game as a whole. I suggest adding unique properties or unique items that can be used elsewhere in the game. Effectively creating a "Need" for players to want to run Reaper content beyond it's initial release.

• Reaper Vendors are locked until sufficient Reaper experience has been earned. This effectively blocks players from knowing what goal they're working towards, killing a large part of the incentive / motivation to play Reaper. While I can totally understand it if the Developers have yet to make it that far in the development process...at the very least, please let us know.

• Current server populations don't really support Reaper game mode. Lets not dodge the issue here and say that Reaper mode has a direct and significant impact on the quality of non-Reaper play. Often, while I'm able to find a Reaper group or start my own, the interest in non-Reaper play is basically dead. For seasoned players this isn't so much of an issue but for new players, this often leaves the server feeling very empty and elitist.

• Far too many mobs are either immune to damage or recover from it's debilitating effects so quickly as to make those mechanics pointless. Everything from stat-damage to debuffing mobs has been nerfed to the point where it's no longer a functional part of the game. In and of itself this is wrong and it clearly limits the usefulness of Classes which are dependant on them. (Wizards / Bards / Clerics come to mind right off) Now while this is an accepted condition of Reaper mode, it's really not much better when playing a normal instance. Pointblank, mobs have been over-buffed and abilities over-nerfed, throughout all game modes. This situation greatly restricts which tactics and builds are viable within DDO. Thus hurting the overall integrity and longevity of the game as a whole.

Constructive thoughts and comments on this thread are welcome, Trolls are not. If your not going to add something significant to this thread, then please PM me directly.

Resin
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 02-15-2017 at 12:52 PM.