Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Just a note:

Because all of the enemies start as friendlies and change to hostiles, it interferes with Reaper generation. So this adventure in particular has almost no Reapers generating. We might have to make it unavailable on Reaper mode because of the specifics of its design.

Also, in response to stealth completions on Reaper, players don't get Reaper XP unless they defeat at least 10 enemies.

Sev~
    10 kills required? Plenty of times my cleric has had zero kills despite contributing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenpechtel View Post
    10 kills required? Plenty of times my cleric has had zero kills despite contributing a lot.
    Not individual kills. Party kills. More accurately: Atleast 10 enemies need to have died within the dungeon for Reaper XP to be gained by the party.

Community Member

Default Awful idea

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Just a note:

Also, in response to stealth completions on Reaper, players don't get Reaper XP unless they defeat at least 10 enemies.

Sev~
    Truly awful idea. Typically, when I play a healing cleric I have 0 kills.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by gabbatastic View Post
    Truly awful idea. Typically, when I play a healing cleric I have 0 kills.
    The party needs 10 kills not the player.

EDIT: (or you know you could have read the dev post directly above yours that already explained that.)

Community Member

Wow this thread has been all over the board.

Got some BB haters: So as one of those sorry blokes who dove into the TR system before tomes carried over and before XP pots/xp stones and bravery bonuses. It was a challenging but not very fun grind. As explained in better detail before in this thread, running each quest beyond lev 10ish on e/h/n/n/n/n/nn//nn//n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/nn/n/maybe even C to end it off was not very fun or challenging. I got to know quests better than any newer player will ever dream of because of the constant rapid repeats..but thats something I could live without.
    I for one thought BB was a great fix to the problem. I am part of the limited population that sees all rewards for more challenging gameplay as a huge positive instead of mindless time grind. The only problem is when people are factored in. That same reward for vets to keep on keepin' on doing their uber thing starts being expected by the newbies who didn't grind..heck they don't even want to open norm and hards for two quick lives (seriously?) and expect elite openers/and folks to carry quests for their enjoyment, which i have a hard time seeing as enjoyable but that's a vet's inexperienced opinion. I honestly didn't see this dynamic coming before hand it sucks, and i usually do solo because of it. I have no answers, but if reaper has shown me anything....no matter how much content the devs try to roll out for **sorted** toons, newbies will hit them LFMs and get ****ed at the elitists. So devs are supposed to focus on new easy content because not many folks going to be running reaper? that was sort of a mean anti-elite player thing to say BTW

I really don't want rewards for difficult gameplay to be lessened in favor of time-grind like before. I honestly wouldn't mind more comprehensive mechanics in place to show new folks that its ok to complete norm and hard content (like i did for years) before stepping up into elites. but on flip side, taking away that BB/adding back that xp grind...or really anything that moves away from rewarding harder difficulties is a bad move IMO.

Also day 2 of reaper and i have done most all the lower level quests on reaper 10 solo. its been fun, at lev 5, most fun i've had gaining 5 levels in quite a few years
    Reckter 91PLs, Anhilliation 36PLs. Rekter 17 PLs. Vikzor 9PLs. Veisha 7PLs. Rekinja 4PLs. Rekalidin 4PLs. Minirek 3PLs. Artirek 3PLs. 175 total past lives gained, 1 XP stone used (the free one)

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    Wow this thread has been all over the board.

Got some BB haters: So as one of those sorry blokes who dove into the TR system before tomes carried over and before XP pots/xp stones and bravery bonuses. It was a challenging but not very fun grind. As explained in better detail before in this thread, running each quest beyond lev 10ish on e/h/n/n/n/n/nn//nn//n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/nn/n/maybe even C to end it off was not very fun or challenging. I got to know quests better than any newer player will ever dream of because of the constant rapid repeats..but thats something I could live without.
    I for one thought BB was a great fix to the problem. I am part of the limited population that sees all rewards for more challenging gameplay as a huge positive instead of mindless time grind. The only problem is when people are factored in. That same reward for vets to keep on keepin' on doing their uber thing starts being expected by the newbies who didn't grind..heck they don't even want to open norm and hards for two quick lives (seriously?) and expect elite openers/and folks to carry quests for their enjoyment, which i have a hard time seeing as enjoyable but that's a vet's inexperienced opinion. I honestly didn't see this dynamic coming before hand it sucks, and i usually do solo because of it. I have no answers, but if reaper has shown me anything....no matter how much content the devs try to roll out for **sorted** toons, newbies will hit them LFMs and get ****ed at the elitists. So devs are supposed to focus on new easy content because not many folks going to be running reaper? that was sort of a mean anti-elite player thing to say BTW

I really don't want rewards for difficult gameplay to be lessened in favor of time-grind like before. I honestly wouldn't mind more comprehensive mechanics in place to show new folks that its ok to complete norm and hard content (like i did for years) before stepping up into elites. but on flip side, taking away that BB/adding back that xp grind...or really anything that moves away from rewarding harder difficulties is a bad move IMO.

Also day 2 of reaper and i have done most all the lower level quests on reaper 10 solo. its been fun, at lev 5, most fun i've had gaining 5 levels in quite a few years
    So much for 10 Skulls being "impossible". Reaper is already a failure. Don't know what the devs are going to do the next time players ask for a challenge.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    So much for 10 Skulls being "impossible". Reaper is already a failure. Don't know what the devs are going to do the next time players ask for a challenge.
    Not sure how you got fail from that. I was using resources ive stockpiled for years and never needed to get completions. I kited, I cursed the hireling AI gods and I crafted a ML5 gearset for godsakes! I still had to restart quests, It was rad! A great challenge even with 89 past lives + all the other goodies all helping out.

**edit: ill note that sometimes the dice just don't get thrown your way. and restarting the quest you roll a more manageable setup. my first shot at bringing light two reapers spawned on the first two guards and smeared me quickly. one was a fear reaper model, which i think was doing this AOE damage over time thing. i stood no chance, try again. no reapers. able to set up my hireling healing base camp...and chip away like i did in all the other quests. kobold assault i can see doing 10, but i just did solo 4, but i learned a ton in that solo 4 run..and i think it would be possible to do solo10 at level kobold assault, it would just take resources and a few other things.

on the flip side: when i scaled it back to reaper 4 and posted a LFM and I think two puggers survived a single fight all day along. They ended up smearing too, but two guys lasted one fight before smearing. in reaper 4/not 10.
    Last edited by jeremyt; 02-05-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    Reckter 91PLs, Anhilliation 36PLs. Rekter 17 PLs. Vikzor 9PLs. Veisha 7PLs. Rekinja 4PLs. Rekalidin 4PLs. Minirek 3PLs. Artirek 3PLs. 175 total past lives gained, 1 XP stone used (the free one)

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    Not sure how you got fail from that. I was using resources ive stockpiled for years and never needed to get completions. I kited, I cursed the hireling AI gods and I crafted a ML5 gearset for godsakes! I still had to restart quests, It was rad! A great challenge even with 89 past lives + all the other goodies all helping out.
    According to Severlin (can't find the post to quote, will edit if I do), Reaper 10 skull should have been impossible for any but the best teams so it certainly shouldn't be solo-able. That is why it is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Not individual kills. Party kills. More accurately: Atleast 10 enemies need to have died within the dungeon for Reaper XP to be gained by the party.
    No Insidious Cunning bonus, oww...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Eldritch aura and eldritch blasts also trigger people on the forums.
    Athgaard, Atheok, Atheea, Atheory
    YouTube

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345