Default MacBook Pro performance?

So I've done a little bit of searching and haven't found any joy so here we go with a brand new thread.

I might be buying a MacBook Pro, mainly for study but I'm curious as to how well it could handle DDO. It's a mid-2012 edition, specs are as follows:

2.9 GHz dual-core i7 processor
    8 GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Native resolution is 1280x800

If it makes any difference, the MacBook will be able to run Windows 10 as well. If you need any more info let me know and I'll see what I can do!
    Vailun, Level 6 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk (Gimped/Semi-retired) || Syrtho, Level 16 Pale Master || Vologrith, Level 17 Monk || Vistentelas, Level 11 Favored Soul || Veryon, Level 5 Artificer || Katakira, Level 2 Monk/1 Fighter/1 Wizard |

My wife has a 2011 (either mid or late) MacBook Pro, and I ran DDO on it last year when I didn't have access to my iMac, and it ran just fine. However, my wife's MacBook Pro does have discrete graphics, and it looks like the one you are looking at only has the Intel integrated graphics, and I'm not sure how much of a difference that might make.

I played ddo on a mid 2012 mac pro 13" with intel hd 4000 for four years and it ran perfectly fine on high settings. Dont expect to play much else, tho.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Olath_Senger View Post
    So I've done a little bit of searching and haven't found any joy so here we go with a brand new thread.

I might be buying a MacBook Pro, mainly for study but I'm curious as to how well it could handle DDO. It's a mid-2012 edition, specs are as follows:

2.9 GHz dual-core i7 processor
    8 GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Native resolution is 1280x800

If it makes any difference, the MacBook will be able to run Windows 10 as well. If you need any more info let me know and I'll see what I can do!
    I am playing on the exact same model, except that it's the 2.6 GHz version. It's smooth and responsive with frame rates well in excess of 30 almost always. Just don't look into the water in the Black Loch (but that's good advice no matter what machine you are using).