Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Just wanted to give this a bump because it is a really good first life free to play build

Edit: Designed for use with a Two Handed Weapon Falchion or Greatsword.
    Last edited by Coffey; 10-24-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I've updated the OP with a new build for post-Update 45. Major changes:
    • Front-loaded the THF feats for the Strikethrough and damage mod bonuses.
    • Bumped up base DEX to 13 to take Precision and Spring Attack (plus pre-reqs). 3 1/2 years ago, Power Attack alone was good enough. Nowadays unless I'm playing a Raging barb or druid, I often only take Power Attack for the Cleave feats and use Precision 95% of the time. And SSG dropped the "Power Attack must be active" requirement from Lay Waste so it's one less reason to use PA.
    • Builds with and without Dragonmark of Passage. For those who don't share my love of glowing tattoos.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 04-12-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

There's one problem with the build as listed in the first post.

I'm not sure if the requirements were changed after your update, but you list the Ken4 Weapon Group Specialization: Heavy Blades enhancement at level 10, but it requires the feat Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing which you don't take until level 12. Not sure if it's the best solution, but switching the Stunning Blow feat from level 10 to 12 and the Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing feat from level 12 to 10 solves the problem.

Community Member

Default Please, please stop suggesting melee builds for new players

At the current stage of DDO (same since begining) new players should avoid playing close combat builds at all ,because:

1) Most of the time groups are doing r1 or r1+ difficulties for maximum experience
    2) Monsters lands hits for newbie players 95% of the time;
    3) New players doesnt have gear nor hit points enough to survive reaper difficulties close combat

I have played DDO for over 10 years so you can trust me that I know what I am saying. Most of the time when newbie player joins group and is melee focused he stays 50% time being dead and I am wasting 50% of quest time reviving him. Every class in DDO can create ranged focused builds so please STOP posting those "new player friendly" melee builds or at least PLEASE worn players at the begining of Your post about disadvantages of close combat builds for new players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12