Community Member

Default Grrrrrr! Aaaaaarrrggggghhh!

So frustrating.

I know others are having this problem, but I've been playing and collecting collectibles for years and I can't even make a single everbright item because of the collectibles imbalance, much less two (for my TWF toon) - and then, I know they will be less-than-optimal in a few levels because the minimum level shard can't be swapped out, so why bother anyway?

Please, please Turbine, look into something to fix this. I was so thrilled when CC was being overhauled and LOVE the system (and you guys, you're awesome) but this is nuts! I have made exactly ONE crafted item since the update for these reasons. Others have posted too about the issues (for example CON shards only being craftable with 10-15 lvl collectables - what?!)

I want to see you succeed financially and have spent hundreds on this game and am willing to spend more, it's the only game I play. Maybe you could include a store-only item that costs 25TP (or even 45TP) that would allow a ML shard change? You guys could make big money with this idea. I know I would use it often. That might make the collectibles grind worth doing.

Perhaps throw us a bone with collectibles drop rates and change some of the "only at this quest level" dynamics?

I'm normally not a naysayer and realize you are guys with regular jobs trying to keep a ton of people happy and typically wouldn't offer a suggestion, but I'm a multiple year, completionist, not-afraid-to-pay guy who can't even make a couple everbright items after years of investment in the crafting system? Something's wrong.

Help!

I don't know about you, but as a twf I keep a swap of ever-bright weapons that I acquired before ever-bright was rotated out of random generated weapons. Sure, they might be +2 weapons with nearly no redeeming factors other then ever-bright, but I still use them at level 30 to kill oozes that would otherwise destroy my useful weapons. If I was able to create a +3 weapon of bludgeoning at the same level I would consider it a pretty decent upgrade. Or better; create a good set of level 15 or 20 everbright weapons that will last me until level 30 for all my everbright needs.

For me the problems with the crafting system are as follows:
    1: Monsters are not dropping the correct cultural items. All monsters should drop cultural items appropriate for their level, with very few exceptions (it should still be possible to obtain Planar Shards somehow, leaving enemies in the Sub-T dropping them is a very viable solution: or maybe rare chests in the Sub-T could drop 5-10 per chest instead).
    2: It's annoying that they moved multiple collectables to the same tier/rarity, while adding new ones. Why not just space out the collectables so that each tier/rarity has only one collectable to farm?
    3: Some items, usually weapons, cannot be deconstructed.

afaik points 1 and 3 are known bugs that the developers are working to fix. I doubt point 2 will ever be fixed. I feel like these 3 things would make Cannith Crafting much less frustrating.
    Even so, I'm starting to get some pretty decent items slowly being put together which I plan to use on many TR's.