Default Not able to create Paypal payment account??

I have a credit card linked to my account.
    Having built up a decent amount of cash in my paypal account, I decided to use that.
    Went to the "my payment accounts" screen, went to "add account", clicked on paypal, and interestingly enough it doesn't take me to teh paypal website, or give me any
    chance to enter any information, I simply get a screen from Emergent Payments saying my purchase has failed, which is unsurprising as (as mentioned) I am never given the option to link my Paypal account.

As much fun as it is to be reminded of the good old days when using Paypal for games was often a hassle, I've gotten used to every singly other game processing or linking the account without an issue.

Anyone know how to get this info or do I have to jump through the hoops of contacting Emergents only available CS option (email!) and working on it through that,

Community Member

Default Yep, me too

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    I have a credit card linked to my account.
    Having built up a decent amount of cash in my paypal account, I decided to use that.
    Went to the "my payment accounts" screen, went to "add account", clicked on paypal, and interestingly enough it doesn't take me to teh paypal website, or give me any
    chance to enter any information, I simply get a screen from Emergent Payments saying my purchase has failed, which is unsurprising as (as mentioned) I am never given the option to link my Paypal account.

As much fun as it is to be reminded of the good old days when using Paypal for games was often a hassle, I've gotten used to every singly other game processing or linking the account without an issue.

Anyone know how to get this info or do I have to jump through the hoops of contacting Emergents only available CS option (email!) and working on it through that,
    Yep, this exact thing is happening to me. I have submitted THREE separate tickets and no one has bothered responding to me. I guess they don't want my money. In the meantime, I haven't had VIP status for a week while I wait...

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

The store was somehow updated by their online vendor service. I have used Paypal as payment in DDO just earlier this month. After the update it always fails. So does Amazon payment. ::shrug:: instead I spent some money on Steam and went to see a movie.

Edit: btw, if you are into zombie movies, Train to Busan was really good
    Last edited by Turtlsdown; 09-14-2016 at 09:28 PM. Reason: movie

Community Member

hi
    i want to be a vip again after 2-3 years
    i want to ask if i use paypal to pay my subscription the ddo will reactivate the subscription alone with out ask even if i use paypal?
    cause i dont want ddo take my money with out my premision, i just want to choose when i can be a vip and not a automatic activation each month,is this possible through paypal method or works like a normal card autoactivation?

Community Member

Default re

There are always different issues with PayPal and I don't know why it happens all the time. I also faced problems with my PayPal account when the Russian-Ukraine war began. I had many clients in different countries and I always used Paypal for my money transaction, but suddenly Paypal stops working with Russian transactions because of Russian aggression. A lot of my money was stuck. I didn't know about the new policy of Paypal of neglecting the money transaction with Russian assets. I tried to call paypal customer service number and then I come to know the main reason behind this. Then I had to change the way to receive money and stop working with Russians.