Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Possibilities with Trevin's Robe...

Three possible variations of Serral Trevin's Robe (House Jorasco), 4th image (back and front) on post 81 of this thread, previous page.

Firstly, I feel the original robe suffers (like everything else in House Jorasco) from a surfeit of marigold yellow. Frankly, looking at Fred is a relief from the garish mustards of most House Jorasco members. So really changing the colors was all that was necessary to improve this item. In that vein, I have altered the colors three ways, I think I like the middle one the best but... even now other options occur to me. So on the far left, I adjusted the leather trim to a bright crimson, the robe to black, and the metal work in all three was made silver. In the center I changed the trim to black and the robe to dark red. In the final image, on the far right, the robe is dark blue and the leather trim is a chocolate brown. I thought about what it might look like with accessories of some kind over the robe but discarded the idea because that would cover up all the nicest details of this item; those being the dragon or wyvern on the upper left area of the chest and the dragon or gargoyle belt buckle not to mention the intricate metal pattern work all over the robe.

The middle one especially would also make a nice item for the future Ravenloft expansion.
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 12-14-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: post wasn't last on previous page but first on this one
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Three possible variations of Serral Trevin's Robe (House Jorasco), 4th image (back and front) on post 81 of this thread, previous page.

Firstly, I feel the original robe suffers (like everything else in House Jorasco) from a surfeit of marigold yellow. Frankly, looking at Fred is a relief from the garish mustards of most House Jorasco members. So really changing the colors was all that was necessary to improve this item. In that vein, I have altered the colors three ways, I think I like the middle one the best but... even now other options occur to me. So on the far left, I adjusted the leather trim to a bright crimson, the robe to black, and the metal work in all three was made silver. In the center I changed the trim to black and the robe to dark red. In the final image, on the far right, the robe is dark blue and the leather trim is a chocolate brown. I thought about what it might look like with accessories of some kind over the robe but discarded the idea because that would cover up all the nicest details of this item; those being the dragon or wyvern on the upper left area of the chest and the dragon or gargoyle belt buckle not to mention the intricate metal pattern work all over the robe.

The middle one especially would also make a nice item for the future Ravenloft expansion.
    I never even noticed the wyvern, nice. The middle seems strongest at first blush but they all grow on you!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I never even noticed the wyvern, nice. The middle seems strongest at first blush but they all grow on you!
    Thank you. That's partially why I've picked out all of these NPC fashions - to showcase ALL the minute details that make them special... and possibly striking if it weren't for the atrocious original color choices (in my opinion of course.) What did you think of the male archer version with pants? Less ostentatious? More appealing than the tunic variety?
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 12-14-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: grammar
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thank you. That's partially why I've picked out all of these NPC fashions - to showcase ALL the minute details that make them special... and possibly striking if it weren't for the atrocious original color choices (in my opinion of course.) What did you think of the male archer version with pants? Less ostentatious? More appealing than the tunic variety?
    Your male archer suits are a vast improvement--I still prefer the female armors in that group over the male, but you have improved it greatly. I think in general the male humans and elves have ugly faces so I tend to play female toons.
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

The rework is very nice, but it leads me to believe that someone in DDO needs to start a tanning bed business. Ye olde elf looks a bit jaundiced with all of those darker hued outfits, which would look even better on a darker toned wearer. Maybe a plastic surgeon business too. Hey, maybe I've just stumbled onto that new plat sink that everyone has been looking for...
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    The rework is very nice, but it leads me to believe that someone in DDO needs to start a tanning bed business. Ye olde elf looks a bit jaundiced with all of those darker hued outfits, which would look even better on a darker toned wearer. Maybe a plastic surgeon business too. Hey, maybe I've just stumbled onto that new plat sink that everyone has been looking for...
    I hadn't thought of that... could be he's sick, he's not a quest giver so there must be some reason he's in House Jorasco. Or maybe he's a necromancer (what with all the undead heavy quests there) and he just avoids the sun.

I think they could have a decent plat sink if they introduced barbers and stylists, I know I've created more than one character whose hair style I thought looked cute until I'd stared at the back of it for a few levels. Pay X amount of plat to re-choose a character creation screen hairstyle, pay X more plat to re-choose a creation screen hair color. Even better if they added an interface so you could preview the Store Exclusive dyes and styles at this Barber NPC and if you wanted (with a confirmation screen) you could pay TP from that interface for the Store Exclusive stuff after previewing it on your character.

Then they could go with your idea and add some kind of cosmetician, for lack of a better word (period and lore accuracy), and for plat you could re-choose facial features and colors from the character creation setup and then they could introduce Store exclusive appearances? Or is that going too far?

Your male archer suits are a vast improvement--I still prefer the female armors in that group over the male, but you have improved it greatly. I think in general the male humans and elves have ugly faces so I tend to play female toons.
    Thank you. I only play female characters myself because I'm female and can't really conceive of role-playing a guy not even in PnP. Although this of course means most of my cosmetics are planned off my female characters and guys cosmetics get short-shrift just because I don't usually think about what the various armors and robes/outfits look like on the guys. Naturally, there's a sort of reversal with these NPC fashions because I can only screenshot the character on whom the style is on.

Default Menechtarun style robe

So this is Jovus Moonbeam from House Phiarlan, but the robe he is wearing can often be seen on the drow in Menechtarun. In post 81, page 5 of this thread you can see him in the original robe, the main fabric is sort of a lavender-gray. Dull, boring fabric for such an extravagant centerpiece. So all I really did was select the main fabric + shoes and increased saturation ten degrees and altered the colors from left to right as seagreen, royal blue, royal violet, and crimson. I also tried a dark acid green but it didn't look quite as well as expected. I surmise if I had altered the colors of the center decoration somewhat I could have made the dark green look good but that was more effort than the others as I would have had to separate the metal bits from the centerpiece. Personally, I really like the seagreen the best and that was unexpected as I thought initially the violet would have the most appealing color combinations.

I could see these being great on a warlock, possibly a sorcerer, maybe a drow bard. Some of the elements of the centerpiece could be used to make an eye-catching docent too.
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 12-15-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Default OCD again

So here is my take on a Vulkor inspired Docent. I couldn't just think about it, OCD kicked in and I had to do something with the idea.

I used the Ancient Gemstone Docent (no body feat), adjusted it from a gray-purple to a light teal and added the bits and pieces from the Vulkor style robe above. I did have to remove a few segments, rotate some pieces, and resize almost everything to make it somewhat fit the Warforged frame. Apologies about the roughness of the resulting image, its not so easy to force something to fit a warforged from an elf. One thing is for certain, it'll never fit the elf again.

Default Fate

On the left is the original, Kayla Skywhisper (House Phiarlan Collector), her dress can also be seen on the Fatespinner. I've taken her dress and cut out the waist (courtesy of the Lost Barmaid), changed the waistband, sleeves, and bodice partially with airbrushing but also using some bits and pieces from Kariya irVannis (House Cannith Token Giver, see page 5 post 81) and added some ribbons from the Store cosmetic Pale Violet and tan Leaf Heavy Armor. I brought up the saturation, believe it or not, only 5 degrees, and adjusted the color less than 5 degrees. I airbrushed over the embroidered band on the hem and made the whites a tad lighter so more of a cream rather than pale green. I love the sandals with no changes.

The result is an exquisite belly dancer costume that any female bard ought to be fighting duels over. I could also see this being incredibly popular for succubus style tieflings when we get them.
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 12-18-2016 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo

On the left is the original, Kayla Skywhisper (House Phiarlan Collector), her dress can also be seen on the Fatespinner. I've taken her dress and cut out the waist (courtesy of the Lost Barmaid), changed the waistband, sleeves, and bodice partially with airbrushing but also using some bits and pieces from Kariya irVannis (House Cannith Token Giver, see page 5 post 81) and added some ribbons from the Store cosmetic Pale Violet and tan Leaf Heavy Armor. I brought up the saturation, believe it or not, only 5 degrees, and adjusted the color less than 5 degrees. I airbrushed over the embroidered band on the hem and made the whites a tad lighter so more of a cream rather than pale green. I love the sandals with no changes.

The result is an exquisite belly dancer costume that any female bard ought to be fighting duels over. I could also see this being incredibly popular for succubus style tieflings when we get them.
    as a fatespinner, it would be cool if she were always dancing. This gorgeous change you made would then really fit her theme!

as a fatespinner, it would be cool if she were always dancing. This gorgeous change you made would then really fit her theme!
    Would be nifty, but I really want the outfit more for my bard than the fatespinner.

Default Druid Crown 1

This was the Alchemist Crown before I altered it. Very simple alterations, I adjusted the color of the crown from turquoise/teal to parrot green, I added some leaves (mostly where the gems originally were on the crown) and I added a single flower taken from a flowerbed in Eveningstar. I would have preferred the Lammania Lily because I like the icon but I figure this gives the overall impression I intended.

Maybe later I will make a crown of only flowers but I haven't gotten around to laying that out.

This was the Alchemist Crown before I altered it. Very simple alterations, I adjusted the color of the crown from turquoise/teal to parrot green, I added some leaves (mostly where the gems originally were on the crown) and I added a single flower taken from a flowerbed in Eveningstar. I would have preferred the Lammania Lily because I like the icon but I figure this gives the overall impression I intended.

Maybe later I will make a crown of only flowers but I haven't gotten around to laying that out.
    nice! I think I would prefer a lotus petal instead of the strongly-contrasting red flower due to the location over the third eye.
    That could be a cool Xoriat headpiece too with an actual eye there with a different circlet

nice! I think I would prefer a lotus petal instead of the strongly-contrasting red flower due to the location over the third eye.
    That could be a cool Xoriat headpiece too with an actual eye there with a different circlet
    Well I could go looking for a lotus or lily type flower and make the switch. The original circlet does lend itself to many ideas... I toyed with colors before settling on this first design. One of the ideas I had for it was to change the colors as it circles the head in a rainbow-like effect, an eye or a glowing ioun stone would go well in the center of the forehead with such an appearance.

I had altered a Teraza's Sight at one point to have an eye in the center but it sits too close to the bridge of the nose to look right. However, it might have looked more appropriate if it had been more similar to the eyeball ring in Beastmaster; that is if it had an animated eyelid that opened to reveal the eyeball occasionally instead of the eye glancing around. One poster earlier suggested free floating eyeballs circling the head similar to the Elemental Victory.

Default Lammanian Lily Crown

I stared at the previous design and decided I really did want the center flower to be a Lammanian Lily, so since there aren't any Lammanian Lily plants in game I did my best with a lily image that looked close to the icon.

Default Waterlily Flower Power Druid Crown

I like this one because I love the colors and because water lillies are my favorite flowers.

Community Member

Wow! I wanna both crowns for my druid! I not have any druid char currently, but I want roll one after see this beautiful handiwork! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Wow! I wanna both crowns for my druid! I not have any druid char currently, but I want roll one after see this beautiful handiwork! 8)
    That's sweet. I wish it were as easy for the devs to create these cosmetics/item appearances as it is for me to photoshop them. Heck I wish I knew the art program(s) they're using I'd be willing to make more than one of these for free if it meant I could make my characters look the way I want.

they look great!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast